*EC 70 Centerville 58 Final/Playoffs*

KFDM COOP

Guest ECBucFan

Definitely not the best night for the Bucs....still....they got er' done. IMHO: CV got real lucky with their 3's, and two of our starters were not feeling well at all, and CV hammered EC in the paint all night. Real physical team. Eventually the fouls piled up for CV, and EC was able to keep composure instead of retaliating. Refs even hit CV with the intentional late in the game. All that really matters is the final score, and 70-58 was good enough.... Gotta play better from here on out! Go Bucs!  :)

Guest ECBucFan

In what started out like a one-sided affair for Centerville, who scored seven points before the Bucs ever dropped a basket, the Area Championship game between the East Chambers Buccaneers and the Centerville Tigers was won by the trained athletes of EC.

The EC Runnin' Bucs played a tough game against the Centerville Tigers, fighting to come from behind until they finally pulled ahead near the end of the third quarter.

Even though the Bucs had a first round bye in the play-offs, it was a rough week, as junior forward Vance McDonald and junior point guard Tramain Thomas have both been fighting the flu for a week. They played tonight, but were clearly physically not up to their personal par.

The Bucs started the game flat and ended the first quarter with 9 points against Centerville's 18. The Bucs struggled during the second quarter and came to within two points of a half-time tie with a 32-30 score.

There were only two minutes left in the third quarter before EC tied the game and pulled ahead with a successful free throw by Tramain Thomas. The third period ended with the Bucs ahead 45-44. The Tigers began to tire and the depth of the talent in the Buc bench began to show as the athletic group pulled ahead by as many as 16 points and then won by 12 with a final score of 70 to 58.

Senior guard Preston Guillory led the game with 23 points, which included five 3-point baskets. Thomas shot for 22 points and had 10 rebounds. McDonald had 8 points with 11 boards. Junior forward Carlos Trevino had 6 points, while Senior Eugene Leday and Sophomore Donté Raymond each had 5 points.

The Bucs will now face Marlin on Tuesday, February 27th at Johnson Coliseum at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville. Tip-off time will be announced.

Hey ECBucFan,

Flattered that you visit our website and like the article I wrote, but could I get a little credit next time? Not trying to be ugly, just working hard to bring EC info to the community and would just like a byline or website reference. Besides that, if I got something wrong, I'd hate for you to get blamed. (*grin*)

This is the hidden content, please

:)

Thanks!

Melanie T (Editor)

Guest ECBucFan

My Bad! I usually credit (like I did during football)...I apologise profusely for slipping here!

----The Above was from the good folks at "The Neighborhood Net" serving Chambers Co. For those who don't know, TNN does a great job covering all aspects of news in Chambers Co.-------

Again, I AM SORRY for the slip up! ..... I paste from the Bmt. Enterprise, PA News, and Chronicle, too. I didn't mean any harm!    ECBucFan 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83