Time to clean house in Congress

nappyroots

23 hours ago, stevenash said:

I am for term limits and I am for term limits for all representatives, not just the ones from the party I don't support.  Minimizing the amount of time spent in Washington could potentially reduce corruption and reduce the likelihood of becoming so firmly ensconced in the ole boy network(s)

I wholeheartedly agree with you here.  

5 minutes ago, new tobie said:

It was a LIE

No it wasnt.  It was his intent to not raise taxes.  He negotiated with Congress ( something your current President has never done) and the hike was a result of those negotiations. And silnce you are a devout lefty, you should CELEBRATE any tax hike that comes from the right. If you wish to concentrate on lies, tell me what you think of the following:  " If you like your healthcare plan you can keep it"  " My Affordable Health Care Act will reduce the average annual health care premium by $2500 per family"  " I will build a 21st Century VA"   " My new stimulus plan will provide shovel ready jobs"   " ISIS is the JV"

2 minutes ago, stevenash said:

No it wasnt.  It was his intent to not raise taxes.  He negotiated with Congress ( something your current President has never done) and the hike was a result of those negotiations. And silnce you are a devout lefty, you should CELEBRATE any tax hike that comes from the right. If you wish to concentrate on lies, tell me what you think of the following:  " If you like your healthcare plan you can keep it"  " My Affordable Health Care Act will reduce the average annual health care premium by $2500 per family"  " I will build a 21st Century VA"   " My new stimulus plan will provide shovel ready jobs"   " ISIS is the JV"

Only "Republican Lies Matter".

improve obamacare dont repeal it. 

Many folks that can't get insurance because of pre-existing conditions would die without it.

republicans don't believe in helping the working man or the poor, only the big insurance companies, healthcare facilities and corporations that need us to work but don't care about their employees anymore

1 minute ago, new tobie said:

improve obamacare dont repeal it. 

Many folks that can't get insurance because of pre-existing conditions would die without it.

republicans don't believe in helping the working man or the poor, only the big insurance companies, healthcare facilities and corporations that need us to work but don't care about their employees anymore

That is factually the opposite of the truth. Just another lie perpetuated by the Left and lapped up by the good sheeple. Just like Republicans want dirty air and dirty water.

As far as Obamacare, many, many, many people can't go to the doctor for preventative care because their deductibles are too high. How many people will die because they can't afford basic care due to unaffordable premiums and deductibles...ones that previously had good healthcare coverage?

And the hospitals and doctors do not put patients out on the streets to die because the patient can't afford healthcare. But you keep on perpetuating that lie.

3 minutes ago, Englebert said:

That is factually the opposite of the truth. Just another lie perpetuated by the Left and lapped up by the good sheeple. Just like Republicans want dirty air and dirty water.

As far as Obamacare, many, many, many people can't go to the doctor for preventative care because their deductibles are too high. How many people will die because they can't afford basic care due to unaffordable premiums and deductibles...ones that previously had good healthcare coverage?

And the hospitals and doctors do not put patients out on the streets to die because the patient can't afford healthcare. But you keep on perpetuating that lie.

before the affordable care act many people just went without insurance. if they had pre-existing conditions they couldn't get it. if republicans would have done ANYTHING about healthcare the affordable care act wouldn't have happened, but they always choose to do nothing. but will spend a busload of money to start a war

Funny, but I don't remember any extraordinary amount of deaths prior to the "Affordabe(misnomer) Health Care Act.  The latest proposed "act of compassion" being proposed is "free" college.  Do you believe society needs that, regardless of the cost and the long term impact on our budget/solvency?  If the Repubs don't support it, will you drink the kool aid and start chanting that the Repubs want to deny everyone an education?  How about free automobiles?  Isn't "transportation" a basic right to which everyone is entitled in a country like ours?

Just now, new tobie said:

before the affordable care act many people just went without insurance. if they had pre-existing conditions they couldn't get it. if republicans would have done ANYTHING about healthcare the affordable care act wouldn't have happened, but they always choose to do nothing. but will spend a busload of money to start a war

Doing something is not always better than doing nothing. If you go to the hospital with a broken arm and the doctor cuts your leg off, are you going to say "Well at least he did something."?

And what the Republicans and Democrats need to do is get the hell out of the Healthcare business.

And you want to blame Republicans for spending a busload of money (to which the Democrats also voted for) when the Democrats have us $20 trillion dollars in debt. We pay $262 billion a year in interest payments on this debt.

Try another Democrat lie. You seem to have them memorized.

1 minute ago, stevenash said:

Funny, but I don't remember any extraordinary amount of deaths prior to the "Affordabe(misnomer) Health Care Act.  The latest proposed "act of compassion" being proposed is "free" college.  Do you believe society needs that, regardless of the cost and the long term impact on our budget/solvency?  If the Repubs don't support it, will you drink the kool aid and start chanting that the Repubs want to deny everyone an education?  How about free automobiles?  Isn't "transportation" a basic right to which everyone is entitled in a country like ours?

The affordable healthcare is not free. the prices could be improved, but it hasn't affected my healthcare, my healthcare started getting worse before the affordable care act started, despite what Rush and hannity say

Just now, new tobie said:

The affordable healthcare is not free. the prices could be improved, but it hasn't affected my healthcare, my healthcare started getting worse before the affordable care act started, despite what Rush and hannity say

Yeah, Big Girl tried to say the same thing. Y'all must be the only people in America that hasn't saw a dramatic rise in premiums and deductibles since the (Un)affordable Healthcare law was passed.

3 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Yeah, Big Girl tried to say the same thing. Y'all must be the only people in America that hasn't saw a dramatic rise in premiums and deductibles since the (Un)affordable Healthcare law was passed.

It started before the affordable care act. haters just use the affordable care act as an excuse( per rush and hannity)

I am trying to find Mr Obama's angle with this providing affordable healthcare to uninsured americans thing. Why not improve it since its already in place. But i would be talking to people that refuse to even vote no on a supreme court justice and said they would block anything that obama tried to do from day one

I've done contract work for a few companies since Obamacare was passed. One company employees around 2,000 people, one with around 5,000, and one with over 30,000 employees. And each company saw a dramatic rise in premiums and deductibles. So I guess that's 37,001 (including mine) to 2 (you and Big Girl). Each company saw at least a 20% rise in the first two years of Obamacare. For the previous 8 years was a total of less than 8% rise. You just keep on listening to the Democrats lying to you.

Just now, nappyroots said:

I am trying to find Mr Obama's angle with this providing affordable healthcare to uninsured americans thing. Why not improve it since its already in place. But i would be talking to people that refuse to even vote no on a supreme court justice and said they would block anything that obama tried to do from day one

Not voting for a Supreme Court justice in the last year of a presidency was started by the Democrats, known as the Biden rule.

This is from the ultra-left New York Times:

This is the hidden content, please

And thank God they blocked much of Obama's agenda. We would be way worse off, worse than we are now, if they hadn't.

1 minute ago, Englebert said:

Not voting for a Supreme Court justice in the last year of a presidency was started by the Democrats, known as the Biden rule.

This is from the ultra-left New York Times:

This is the hidden content, please

And thank God they blocked much of Obama's agenda. We would be way worse off, worse than we are now, if they hadn't.

2007 all over?

AI have a relative who is a school teacher and the family coverage cost is $1500 per month.  Wasn't it Mr. Obama who stated that he was here to help the "little guy" and make things more fair?  This all happened since the Affordable Health Care Act was passed.  Arent school teachers "little guys" and "average Americans"?