Jenny in Forrest Gump.

king

So she just up and leaves Forrest, and then years later wants him back in her life when she has her Son who's probably 6 or 7. Why not get in contact with him when you're pregnant or when he was born? I think that Jenny only reunited with Forrest because she found out she was sick and needed someone to take care of her kid. No doubt after reading all about Forrest in the newspaper and hearing about his successful company, she knew she had a chance to give her kid the golden ticket in life. I sort of doubt that Forrest Jr. is even Forrests's kid in the first place.  The part when she tells him "that its your kid" yeah, im pretty sure how the way she was that he was the only guy she been with. I would of been so pissed off at her if she held a kid from me for that long. What was Jenny sick with? I'm guessing maybe AIDs or some other STD?  I know its just a movie, but dang.

Anyway,i wanted to see if anyone caught on to this in the movie

Wow King, that's pretty heavy stuff this early lol.  But you're right, I sure wondered about all that.  I put off watching it for a while, but liked it when I did.  Great entertainment.

Which brings up a lesson for you younger folks.  As you get older, what is considered funny, changes.  I love good comedy/funny shows.  Had two coworkers age 40, talking about this funny movie.  How good it was and laughing.  One of them brought me the DVD.  It was Dumb and Dumber.  My wife & I started watching, and waiting for the "funny" stuff.  Probably made about 45 minutes before I give up and hit eject, eject, eject.  Life lesson learned.

On July 20, 2016 at 9:31 PM, king said:

So she just up and leaves Forrest, and then years later wants him back in her life when she has her Son who's probably 6 or 7. Why not get in contact with him when you're pregnant or when he was born? I think that Jenny only reunited with Forrest because she found out she was sick and needed someone to take care of her kid. No doubt after reading all about Forrest in the newspaper and hearing about his successful company, she knew she had a chance to give her kid the golden ticket in life. I sort of doubt that Forrest Jr. is even Forrests's kid in the first place.  The part when she tells him "that its your kid" yeah, im pretty sure how the way she was that he was the only guy she been with. I would of been so pissed off at her if she held a kid from me for that long. What was Jenny sick with? I'm guessing maybe AIDs or some other STD?  I know its just a movie, but dang.

Anyway,i wanted to see if anyone caught on to this in the movie

This is my take. Jenny had low self esteem from her fatherly abuse. She was trying to find herself and was more than likely into drugs and booze to kill the memories of her childhood. She could never kill the memory of Forrest though and always came back to him. The movie was about Forrest and his simple minded views of life and his true and unconditional love for Jenny. Jenny was the only woman Forrest had been with and I believe it was his kid. Even if she had said that the child was by another father, Forrest would have raised it as his own simply because he loved Jenny. If you hated Jenny for the way she treated Forrest, then she did her acting job very well, but then everyone hated the way she did Forrest. 

I drink Patron Gold