What are your State Champ predictions for 2016?

On 7/17/2016 at 3:57 PM, Back2swag said:

Newton pretty stacked this year , he will find out soon enough .

yep, good group returning with some good younger kids getting their feet wet, the kids have been putting in work over the summer thats for sure!

2 hours ago, theNeed4Speed said:

*Revised

6AD1---Katy over Allen

6AD2---Cedar Hill over Converse Judson

5AD1---Manvel over Denton Ryan

5AD2---Aledo over Crosby

4AD1---Carthage over Brownwood

4AD2---WO-S over Gilmer

3AD1---La Marque over Brock

3AD2---Canadian over Crockett

2AD1---Mart over Lovelady

Canadian owned the woodshed last year, but i think they lost to much to 3peat in a bigger class.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:25 AM, WOSgrad said:

Times haven't been given:

Wednesday, December 14 - Class 1A

Thursday, December 15-17 - 2A-6A

I think they moved one 2A game to Wednesday to make it triple headers for all 4 days. If that happens will be interesting how UIL makes the weeks prior for 2A schedule, since it a 6 round playoff. Sixman will probably have 10 days off being that there only are 5 rounds.

4 hours ago, GATA! said:

if not mistaken, they have a top receiver returningand a few other starters, but QB is gone

yeah...I seen them in person this past year at reliant and I told lil' Tex that they would win 3a DII hands down last year because of how physical they were but they'll definitely have to prove to a lot of people they can match the speed at this next level. they won't run into any body that can stop them, until Game # 16

12 minutes ago, theNeed4Speed said:

yeah...I seen them in person this past year at reliant and I told lil' Tex that they would win 3a DII hands down last year because of how physical they were but they'll definitely have to prove to a lot of people they can match the speed at this next level. they won't run into any body that can stop them, until Game # 16

Very good chance they dont even win their region. Dont sleep on Childress, Idalou, Cisco, Eastland or Coleman. 

Personally I expect the winner of that region to come out of 4-3AD2. 

I'm not bro. I got some scoop on Canadian new QB - Douthitt  6'3 180 (gun slinger) and they return a bunch of them receivers, along with that 6'7 TE from last year....big target but most importantly that line which features returning center and two tackles.

It will take a lot of speed to beat them, which you prolly right - they met get that against childress or Eastland.

On Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 6:46 PM, liltex said:

Canadian is like a little Katy(huge following)great booster club,lots of draft pics:)

Canadian cashed in from the oil&gas boom the last several years they get move-ins from all over the tri-state area (Kansas, OK, TX) if the price of oil stays low for the foreseeable future their power house status will start to evaporate.

6 hours ago, Aledoalumni said:

I noticed a lot of Crosby love. What makes yall so confident in them? How many do they return this season? Also are yall worried about Calallen at all? 

I don't think there's a lot of confidence in Crosby. We just get the benefit of the doubt because we're the best option by default. When our head coach was the OC at Sulphur Springs he won state with a qb named Tyrik Rollison, the qb we'll have this year is has  lot of those same qualities and is currently committed to LSU to play receiver. One of our rbs tore his ACL in the second game of the year last year and will be back, he was a big part of our semifinal run as a sophomore in '14. Our other rb is rated the #3 APB in his class and probably should have won state as a sophomore in the 100m but false started at the area or regional meet, he's put on some weight and should be even better than the 10+ ypc he averaged last year. We'll be hard to stop on offense once you mix in the receiving core.   

The question is, can we match the 19ppg we've allowed on defense the last two years? Calallen is a solid program but I think if we can get through region 3 the way it's stacked this year, it's probably a formality that we get to Dallas.

9 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I don't think there's a lot of confidence in Crosby. We just get the benefit of the doubt because we're the best option by default. When our head coach was the OC at Sulphur Springs he won state with a qb named Tyrik Rollison, the qb we'll have this year is has  lot of those same qualities and is currently committed to LSU to play receiver. One of our rbs tore his ACL in the second game of the year last year and will be back, he was a big part of our semifinal run as a sophomore in '14. Our other rb is rated the #3 APB in his class and probably should have won state as a sophomore in the 100m but false started at the area or regional meet, he's put on some weight and should be even better than the 10+ ypc he averaged last year. We'll be hard to stop on offense once you mix in the receiving core.   

The question is, can we match the 19ppg we've allowed on defense the last two years? Calallen is a solid program but I think if we can get through region 3 the way it's stacked this year, it's probably a formality that we get to Dallas.

Would the finals game also be a formality lol?

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Nah it wouldn't, Lone Star would be pretty tough I imagine. I didn't think y'all would get blow out by Lake Ridge only to watch them get shut out by George Ranch either though.  

Several things.

1) I'd take Mesquite Poteet or Lancaster over Lone Star for R2. 

2) We might be good enough to beat any of those teams. 

3) It was 42-21 but idk if that is exactly a blow out. Yeah Lake Ridge put it on us but I've seen worse.

4) I think George Ranch was the best team in 5A but if Lake Ridge was healthy then the game would have been closer. 

1 hour ago, Aledoalumni said:

Several things.

1) I'd take Mesquite Poteet or Lancaster over Lone Star for R2. 

2) We might be good enough to beat any of those teams. 

3) It was 42-21 but idk if that is exactly a blow out. Yeah Lake Ridge put it on us but I've seen worse.

4) I think George Ranch was the best team in 5A but if Lake Ridge was healthy then the game would have been closer. 

That defense gave up after they got down 14-0, that was a sad game to watch (for 1 1/2 quarters, I left.)

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

That defense gave up after they got down 14-0, that was a sad game to watch (for 1 1/2 quarters, I left.)

The offense protected that defense IMO. They would put teams in a bad spot by putting points on the board. Without the Lake Ridge offense putting pressure on the other team the defense just wasnt going to hold up. As far as giving up,.. I didnt even watch the game.