Another Baltimore Officer Not Guilty

Hagar

Just like the Zimmerman case, this was purely political and not criminal.  I am not saying that there should not be a criminal investigation. I just know that there's no evidence to show wrongdoing in either case. Even the judge today blasted the prosecution saying that there was no evidence brought to show any crime. It is not whether you agree or disagree with the evidence, there was none. 

You can only go on what you can prove and the evidence was never there to start with. Had these not been a high-profile cases and just a local incident, then no indictments would have ever been return.

The really bad thing about this case is the additional officers charged other than the driver.

If the DA wanted to roll the dice with the driver then maybe. Of course charging someone criminally should not be rolling the dice. It should be a well thought out investigation and it looks like the guy is guilty and not just, "we want someone held responsible". 

In this case they charged everyone that even had contact with him. Their cause and effect is beyond belief. So here is a scenario. A guy is running out of gas and glides into a service station. He fills up and pays the clerk. Five miles down the road he is texting, crosses the center stripe and kills someone. They then charge the clerk for accessory to criminally negligent homicide. Why? Well, he the clerk hadn't sold the gasoline, the guy would not have killed someone. Therefore the clerk is partly responsible.

That is what they did in this case. A couple of cops chase a guy, arrest him and put him in the wagon. He is later killed either by his own actions or maybe even a different officer. In any case his arrest itself or the force used to make the arrest had nothing to do with the death. They charge the officers that arrested him with a homicide or assault and misconduct in some form. 

Huh?

I think it was the Duke lacrosse team rape case where the DA was disbarred and charges filed for malicious prosecution, covering up evidence or something like that. 

I wish the same would happen in this case. I know it is not likely but it would sure be nice. This sure seems like a criminal act by the DA, likely to pad her run for some higher office.

They did show some evidence that could have convicted the driver who was acquitted today. I think the DA merely overcharged him. By the evidence shown on video, they could have definitely charged the cop that drove the van with a wide right turn where he didn't turn as close to the curb as possible and at another intersection he didn't come to a complete stop. The judge concluded that these two infractions did exist but the DA charged the officer with depraved indifference homicide when she should have gone after a couple of traffic citations. 

Just a wee bit overcharged..............