What a season!!!

Man, I get on here starting during football season just looking for a new thread.  Basketball season comes and we see a few more.  Both my boys left in high school play both of those sports, but my heart is on the diamond.  Baseball season rolls around (finally) and we are stuck in the basketball playoffs.

Then that day gets here where they can finally lace them up.  The metal spikes hit the concrete and suddenly all is right in the world.  We go through the early tourney part of the season.  Those are so much fun because you see kids that they play with in summer travel ball.  Pre-district hits and you are ironing out everything getting ready for district.

District schedules are tough for some and not so much for others.  But it is those district games that determine if you can make the playoffs.  For those lucky enough you get to make that charge for state.

Man, then it ends and depression sets in.  We literally walked around for a few days like zombies.  I get one more season with my middle one, and he will be a senior next year.  To those starting with young kids - enjoy every minute.

I know the "HS Baseball" will get bumped shortly to the bottom.  My boys are already working for next season and promise to make it memorable.  Thanks to all the coaches who give so much time.  Thanks to the umpires who do their best and get nothing but the worse.  Thanks to our opposition.  When we win we learn and when we lose we learn so much more.  Thanks to the fans, and the biggest thanks goes to my boys.  I love watching y'all, and love the men you are becoming.  Next year can't get here soon enough - but for this one at least - I am not ready for it.  This guy loves baseball.  Off to the summer schedule, and showcase circuit.

On June 8, 2016 at 8:52 PM, Chester86 said:

Man, I get on here starting during football season just looking for a new thread.  Basketball season comes and we see a few more.  Both my boys left in high school play both of those sports, but my heart is on the diamond.  Baseball season rolls around (finally) and we are stuck in the basketball playoffs.

Then that day gets here where they can finally lace them up.  The metal spikes hit the concrete and suddenly all is right in the world.  We go through the early tourney part of the season.  Those are so much fun because you see kids that they play with in summer travel ball.  Pre-district hits and you are ironing out everything getting ready for district.

District schedules are tough for some and not so much for others.  But it is those district games that determine if you can make the playoffs.  For those lucky enough you get to make that charge for state.

Man, then it ends and depression sets in.  We literally walked around for a few days like zombies.  I get one more season with my middle one, and he will be a senior next year.  To those starting with young kids - enjoy every minute.

I know the "HS Baseball" will get bumped shortly to the bottom.  My boys are already working for next season and promise to make it memorable.  Thanks to all the coaches who give so much time.  Thanks to the umpires who do their best and get nothing but the worse.  Thanks to our opposition.  When we win we learn and when we lose we learn so much more.  Thanks to the fans, and the biggest thanks goes to my boys.  I love watching y'all, and love the men you are becoming.  Next year can't get here soon enough - but for this one at least - I am not ready for it.  This guy loves baseball.  Off to the summer schedule, and showcase circuit.

It does go by so fast.  Did for my g'daughter who graduated this year.  G'son will be a Soph, and it seems I was just watching him in 7th Grade.

Great post Chester86!  Great post.