Calvin Tyler gets another offer

WOSgrad

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I really don't see Adonis as a power back.  He's pretty fast and has nice feet...

Yes sir.  Just thinking of the combo and it's benefits.  With that kind of speed and power ability you could run multiple 2 back sets/formations from undercenter as well as the shotgun.

Obviously C is a full time back, but would it benefit the offense any to try the above?

5 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

If Silsbee was smart, they main formation would be a 2 back set with Thomas and Tyler and 3 WR set with Lowe, Barnes and Mackey. You have to utilize your talent instead of wasting it. 

And if my understanding is correct, that is what Coach Smith plans on doing this fall.

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

Yes sir.  Just thinking of the combo and it's benefits.  With that kind of speed and power ability you could run multiple 2 back sets/formations from undercenter as well as the shotgun.

Obviously C is a full time back, but would it benefit the offense any to try the above?

Yes.  If Thomas is healthy, there no way that you can run any offense without these two in the backfield TOGETHER... 

On 5/13/2016 at 0:02 PM, wosfan1992 said:

If Silsbee was smart, they main formation would be a 2 back set with Thomas and Tyler and 3 WR set with Lowe, Barnes and Mackey. You have to utilize your talent instead of wasting it. 

I watched these guys all last year and was extremely impressed with their athletic ability. Im watering at the mouth waiting to see Mr. Tyler in action along with them. if our O line comes together as most people are thinking we will be a power house team. and as far as his offers this is a great opportunity for this young man and congrats to him and his family.

Let me ask a serious question to WOSGrad.

While I am enjoying the roasting of OF as much as anyone, I think you are now breaking the board rules that you were so viciously defending on other threads that you have locked in the past few weeks. You have shouted down other posters for taking threads off topic, and you have told them to "get with the rules or go post on David Smoak's site". I'd say you have taken this thread off topic, and should be as adamant about practicing what you preach as you are about winning this argument.

1 hour ago, Scatright said:

Let me ask a serious question to WOSGrad.

While I am enjoying the roasting of OF as much as anyone, I think you are now breaking the board rules that you were so viciously defending on other threads that you have locked in the past few weeks. You have shouted down other posters for taking threads off topic, and you have told them to "get with the rules or go post on David Smoak's site". I'd say you have taken this thread off topic, and should be as adamant about practicing what you preach as you are about winning this argument.

You are correct.  When I started this thread, it wasn't about Justin Isadore, TCU, Devwah Whaley or what position Cal holds in the spectrum of schools.  It was intended to be about one person, Calvin Tyler, Jr. and the celebration of him receiving an offer to play football in college.  If it were for the University of the Deaf and Blind, it still deserves mention because while I have never met the young man in person, my correspondence with him reveals a bright, respectful and personable young man who is going to do great things in life, regardless of where he finishes his high school career and whether or not he ever plays another down of football.

I guess that kind of got lost.  But I have deleted the offending posts, including mine.

Congrats and good luck this year, but like I told you, take it easy on the Mustangs!