Bridge City vs Silsbee

HOTROD309

7 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Who is on the bump...

BC -  ??

Silsbee - ??

Nelson resting his starters again? Going with the #3 & #4? 

So Silsbee is pretty much conceding to BC "again" since they might rest their starters?  C'MON....

I guess I will go with BC in this one with McDowell on the mound against Silsbee's #3, 4#, & #5

7-2

Big game in Silsbee Friday night. It features two teams with the longest win streaks in district, Silsbee riding a five game streak and BC with a three game streak. Last year these two teams split the series. Friday night in Silsbee JV starts at 4:30 and varsity at 7:00. 

6 hours ago, Critter said:

So Silsbee is pretty much conceding to BC "again" since they might rest their starters?  C'MON....

I guess I will go with BC in this one with McDowell on the mound against Silsbee's #3, 4#, & #5

7-2

There was a reason I was asking those questions.  

Silsbee' #3 & #4 capable of beating anyone if they get support.

1. WOS 6-1  OF, HF, BC, LCM, Silsbee 
  2. BC 6-1  Silsbee, HJ, WOS, OF, HF
  3. Silsbee 6-2  BC, LCM, HJ, WOS
  4. HJ 4-4  HF, BC, LCM, Silsbee

With the current top 4 records and remaining schedule I don't think you can afford to "rest" anyone if your goal is the District Championship;  not even against the 5th-7th place teams as they've played everyone tough this year! Should be a fun race to the end with all 3 of the top teams still playing each other. In my opinion I think BC has the better bats, Silsbee has the better arms. Rounder17 hit the nail on the head and i'll go with least errors wins.

6 hours ago, walldrill said:

Both games in this series were very sloppy this year. Uncharacteristic of both teams.

I wouldn't say BC played sloppy, just really over aggressive in a couple situations.  The play where they tried to stretch a single into a double killed a run that prob would have won the game.  Big play for Silsbee.

Errors decided the game though.  Like HotRod said above, Silsbee had them early, BC had them late.