Crosby

Somebody said earlier in the thread that it was not a "major loss". This is from somebody that does not know the role MANN played at Crosby ISD. It was his time to get a huge role and progress forward to a potential AD spot eventually. I know him and the coaching staff have a great relationship, so this was purely about stepping up the ladder toward goals that Daron has set for himself.

38 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

Somebody said earlier in the thread that it was not a "major loss". This is from somebody that does not know the role MANN played at Crosby ISD. It was his time to get a huge role and progress forward to a potential AD spot eventually. I know him and the coaching staff have a great relationship, so this was purely about stepping up the ladder toward goals that Daron has set for himself.

Unfortunately that is not the truth.  Would have been nice if it was.  Not saying he won't achieve his goals but this was a misstep.  I am not going to say what happened because I wasn't there and it isn't my story to share, out of respect to mann and anyone else involved.  But I do know it was not mann's decision to leave crosby, that is the truth 

Just now, GCMPats said:

It took an entire page to just say Coach Mann is leaving or no longer with the school?

It's either a fact or it's not.

The circumstances are the only speculation. That's what is not appropriate.

Yup someone got on here fishing and I saw no reason to take the bait.  As of last week he is no longer with Crosby.  Like I said yesterday.....I guess we are done here?  Not like it can be kept a secret.

1 hour ago, Coug88 said:

Unfortunately that is not the truth.  Would have been nice if it was.  Not saying he won't achieve his goals but this was a misstep.  I am not going to say what happened because I wasn't there and it isn't my story to share, out of respect to mann and anyone else involved.  But I do know it was not mann's decision to leave crosby, that is the truth 

Heard same thing. Not his decision, but not sure in details. Not that it needs to be told on a sports forum anyway. 

1 minute ago, Not A Guru said:

God forbid The Mecca has any dirty laundry to air. People are quick to to air out all the info that goes on in our neck of the woods, but lets keep the Holy Mecca drama quiet? If the Coach screwed up, he screwed up. 

1st of all what 'people' choose to share about the 'goings on' in your neck of the woods is between those 'people' and their conscience.  I for one don't think a public sports forum is the place to share anyone's 'dirty laundry', including those from your neck of the woods.  The story is for those people involved to share, not hearsay from folks that the only impact is a change in staff.  These are people's lives and not fodder.  It is not about what region or district is holier than thou, it is about respect of real people.  If they want to sign up here and share their story then...go for it.  Unless you are ready to have your 'dirty laundry' blasted on a public forum for strangers hiding behind screen names, while they pass one sided judgement...go for it.  I actually don't have the highest opinion of Coach Mann but I have enough respect for myself to not engage in gossip and judgement.

This is pretty simple....Coach Mann is no longer with Crosby.  It isn't a Breaking News report at 5.  So leave the Holy Mecca nonsense where you found it.

Go Crosby!!

2 minutes ago, Coug88 said:

1st of all what 'people' choose to share about the 'goings on' in your neck of the woods is between those 'people' and their conscience.  I for one don't think a public sports forum is the place to share anyone's 'dirty laundry', including those from your neck of the woods.  The story is for those people involved to share, not hearsay from folks that the only impact is a change in staff.  These are people's lives and not fodder.  It is not about what region or district is holier than thou, it is about respect of real people.  If they want to sign up here and share their story then...go for it.  Unless you are ready to have your 'dirty laundry' blasted on a public forum for strangers hiding behind screen names, while they pass one sided judgement...go for it.  I actually don't have the highest opinion of Coach Mann but I have enough respect for myself to not engage in gossip and judgement.

This is pretty simple....Coach Mann is no longer with Crosby.  It isn't a Breaking News report at 5.  So leave the Holy Mecca nonsense where you found it.

Go Crosby!!

Facts would be facts, no speculation or side judgement. Whatever he did would be a fact. There is no problem with somebody posting what he done if it was a fact would it? I just think it ridiculous people trying to cover up whatever facts may be. I don't know what he did, but he coaches for a team this area covers, making what goes on in that athletic department perfectly fine with me to discuss. Only facts however. I don't want to gossip or judge the coach, but knowing the facts of his departure shouldn't be off limits. That is just me though. I guess we could go back to talking about how Crosby is by far the best team in that Region and should easily make another trip to state, but we all seen how that turned out for the Mecca. Get offended all you want, and try to keep what your coach did a secret. I look forward to all the Crosby posts talking about how great they are, especially for a team that can't get out of the second round with 15+ college football players.

18 minutes ago, Coug88 said:

Go Crosby!!

I agree, lets keep speculation off the board or the thread will be locked up.

8 minutes ago, Not A Guru said:

Facts would be facts, no speculation or side judgement. Whatever he did would be a fact. There is no problem with somebody posting what he done if it was a fact would it? I just think it ridiculous people trying to cover up whatever facts may be. I don't know what he did, but he coaches for a team this area covers, making what goes on in that athletic department perfectly fine with me to discuss. Only facts however. I don't want to gossip or judge the coach, but knowing the facts of his departure shouldn't be off limits. That is just me though. I guess we could go back to talking about how Crosby is by far the best team in that Region and should easily make another trip to state, but we all seen how that turned out for the Mecca. Get offended all you want, and try to keep what your coach did a secret. I look forward to all the Crosby posts talking about how great they are, especially for a team that can't get out of the second round with 15+ college football players.

Well you are the only one talking about Crosby in the manner you are complaining about. Childish.  You are a prime example of why speculation/gossip is dangerous.

I believe I have stated the Fact.  Mann was released from Crosby last week.  Someone else has posted the fact that there is an open job posting for his position at Crosby.  What other facts are you in need of? 

Go Crosby!!

15 minutes ago, Not A Guru said:

"Facts"  are relative.  Hearing something second or third hand does not make something a fact.  Unless it is published publicly by a news source any speculation needs to stay off this board.

There is a factual reason Coach Mann was let go. All I am getting at is, the factual reason for his departure should be open for public knowledge. I guess nobody has that information and that is okay. My point is there is a reason, and it would be fact. Like BigDog stated, it has not been published by a news source, so it is what it is. Though I am curious of that factual reason, my comments regarding Crosby were out of line. My apologies.

Stepp said on the old coach thread he's tryingto get backto dfw to be closer to home. Pretty sure he's from Lubbock...but I guess DFW is closer than Houston. 

Know he was in the runningfor head job at Lubbock Estacado earlier this spring. Not sure what elses he's applied for. With Crosby's record the past few seasons, I'm suprised he wasn't gotten a HC job. 

3 hours ago, Coug88 said:

Well you are the only one talking about Crosby in the manner you are complaining about. Childish.  You are a prime example of why speculation/gossip is dangerous.

I believe I have stated the Fact.  Mann was released from Crosby last week.  Someone else has posted the fact that there is an open job posting for his position at Crosby.  What other facts are you in need of? 

Go Crosby!!

Coug, that's why none of us other Crosby posters answered. Just let them speculate. There was no way the thread wouldn't go off on some insignificant tangent like the "Holy Mecca" comment. We all know the deal and how this works when Crosby's involved.  All we can do is keep busting arse from the state line back to I-45.  

2 hours ago, RayJr said:

Mann was a great coach is all I know.

Agreed. Some people were bigger fans than others but I don't think it's an overstatement to say his skill set was elite. Crosby will rebound and has already started the process of filling the recruiting coordinator position, Coach Mann will certainly land on his feet somewhere else.  

47 minutes ago, 3Falcons said:

Is he the Coach over there doing all the work with recruiting?

I have already mention the comments were not needed. 

Your coach did something he shouldn't have, and it cost him his job apparently. I do not now the FACTS of what exactly he did, I have already said that.

As for the Mecca comments, you guys bring that upon yourself. Really, you bring it upon them. I loved all your posts last season that did nothing but preach about how awesome you guys are. I remember the posts about nobody in the Region should really challenge Crosby at all. Literally, all year, you guys were arrogant as hell. Then you get smashed in the 2nd round and people give you crap about it. If you guys had any humility at all, that wouldn't happen. So as far as the constant "Mecca" comments you receive, you earned them.

1 minute ago, Not A Guru said:

I have already mention the comments were not needed. 

Your coach did something he shouldn't have, and it cost him his job apparently. I do not now the FACTS of what exactly he did, I have already said that.

As for the Mecca comments, you guys bring that upon yourself. Really, you bring it upon them. I loved all your posts last season that did nothing but preach about how awesome you guys are. I remember the posts about nobody in the Region should really challenge Crosby at all. Literally, all year, you guys were arrogant as hell. Then you get smashed in the 2nd round and people give you crap about it. If you guys had any humility at all, that wouldn't happen. So as far as the constant "Mecca" comments you receive, you earned them.

1st verse same as the last.  Old.Repetitive.Nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, Coug88 said:

1st verse same as the last.  Old.Repetitive.Nonsense. 

What's the nonsense? Nonsense would be something that is false?

Your coach did something he shouldn't have...That has been stated already

Crosby fans blew them all year long to be for sure Region Champs....True

Got smashed in the 2nd Round...True

What about that is nonsense?

6 minutes ago, Not A Guru said:

What's the nonsense? Nonsense would be something that is false?

Your coach did something he shouldn't have...That has been stated already

Crosby fans blew them all year long to be for sure Region Champs....True

Got smashed in the 2nd Round...True

What about that is nonsense?

A few Crosby fans were arrogant. The vast majority of Code Red fans believed we had a very good team. One of the best in 5A. One that could challenge for regional and state championships. I, for one, still believe that was true. I also know how hard it is to win 4/5/6 TX playoff football games. We played poor against a very good team and lost. Period. 

I am taking nothing for granted this year but I believe the COOGS will be very good again. I put the over/under in wins at 12 next year. Even with a tough pre district schedule. I do not think Crosby is Mecca. I believe we are a very good program with excellent coaches and great kids. If that makes us arrogant...Go Crosby!!!

1 minute ago, Red Dawn said:

A few Crosby fans were arrogant. The vast majority of Code Red fans believed we had a very good team. One of the best in 5A. One that could challenge for regional and state championships. I, for one, still believe that was true. I also know how hard it is to win 4/5/6 TX playoff football games. We played poor against a very good team and lost. Period. 

I am taking nothing for granted this year but I believe the COOGS will be very good again. I put the over/under in wins at 12 next year. Even with a tough pre district schedule. I do not think Crosby is Mecca. I believe we are a very good program with excellent coaches and great kids. If that makes us arrogant...Go Crosby!!!

I'm with you 100%. 

Good Luck to you Guys newt year Red Dawn.