Major Conference losing to the small guys

4 hours ago, Aces_Full said:

Coach K has less guys in the NBA, but more championships.   What Cal's problem?   Could it be coaching?  

Hhhmmm lets look at the facts Coach K won all of his championships with veteran teams Calapari doesn't have that pleasure...I ask you again if Cal got to keep his kids for 2-3 years you don't think he'd have multiple championships? Another thing Coach K has been coaching for like a gazzilion years at a top program like Duke and have always got the best players, i actually think he should have last more than 5 championships he's way overrated so is Izzo.

30 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Hhhmmm lets look at the facts Coach K won all of his championships with veteran teams Calapari doesn't have that pleasure...I ask you again if Cal got to keep his kids for 2-3 years you don't think he'd have multiple championships? Another thing Coach K has been coaching for like a gazzilion years at a top program like Duke and have always got the best players, i actually think he should have last more than 5 championships he's way overrated so is Izzo.

This dude is nuttier than Chinese chicken salad.  But I can understand how you would have forgotten a championship that occurred way back 12 months ago.  But remind me: last year's championship team - what did Jahlil Okafor, Tyus Jones, and Justice Winslow have in common?  I will give you a hint, in one year of college basketball they have the same number of rings as the great Cal...

47 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

This dude is nuttier than Chinese chicken salad.  But I can understand how you would have forgotten a championship that occurred way back 12 months ago.  But remind me: last year's championship team - what did Jahlil Okafor, Tyus Jones, and Justice Winslow have in common?  I will give you a hint, in one year of college basketball they have the same number of rings as the great Cal...

Yeah and I guess you would have forgotten that that team featured Amile Jefferson, Plumlee, Quinn Cook(who was an All-American last year) & Matt Jones all who played very significant roles in Dukes championship run....So thats a senior, two juniors, and a sophomore yet you only pointed out the three freshman on that team NICE TRY. Cal went to the final four the year before starting 5 FRESHMAN big difference. We saw Coach K true colors this year with a young team, or how about the Austin Rivers & Jabari Parker teams? Like I said every time Coach K has won it all it has been with veteran teams but we'll see what excuse yall come up with for Coach K next year when he has all that talent and gets bounced in the 2nd round.

Cal won it all with 4 freshman,  2 sophomores & a senior BTW a team that happened to be the youngest in the country that year but carry on...

Stop.  Just stop. WCS was not a freshman. And you said "all of Coach K's championships came with veteran teams."  His best three players were freshmen and the kid who came up big in the FF was too (Allen).  I would say nice try but your stuff is so weak I can't in good conscience.

1,043 wins, 90 tournament wins, 12 final fours. All records.  Oh yeah, and 5 Natty's.  Oh yeah, and unlike your boy, none of his teams have been placed on probation.  Overrated?  The only thing overrated is your perception that you know this game. 

I will give you credit though.  Many times I have said you couldn't possibly make a more ridiculous statement than your last.  And in that regard, you do keep proving me wrong...

43 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Stop.  Just stop. WCS was not a freshman. And you said "all of Coach K's championships came with veteran teams."  His best three players were freshmen and the kid who came up big in the FF was too (Allen).  I would say nice try but your stuff is so weak I can't in good conscience.

1,043 wins, 90 tournament wins, 12 final fours. All records.  Oh yeah, and 5 Natty's.  Oh yeah, and unlike your boy, none of his teams have been placed on probation.  Overrated?  The only thing overrated is your perception that you know this game. 

I will give you credit though.  Many times I have said you couldn't possibly make a more ridiculous statement than your last.  And in that regard, you do keep proving me wrong...

I figured by the way you claim you know basketball that you'd know that WCS was hurt during the final four and Dakari had taken WCS starting at the end of the regular season lol but like I said carry on....

His best 3 players were freshman but his lone senior was named a AA that season yeah ok and still you're missing the point he's never won a championship with only freshman or even had a decent season with young teams as we saw this year as an example Cal wins with freshman and please they don't give me that the freshman he get are pro's because Coach K gets those same players it's a fact Cal gets the most out of his players for example, Ulis goes from being deemed a 4 year player at UK to now a 1st round draft pick that my friend is called coaching....

And yeah blame Calapari for a team getting placed on probation for a kid(Camby) taking money from an agent or blame Calapari for it being "alleged" that Derrick Rose had someone else take his SAT for him even though it was never found to be true and Cal was cleared of any wrong doings in both those situations but keep reaching lol

28 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

I figured by the way you claim you know basketball that you'd know that WCS was hurt during the final four and Dakari had taken WCS starting at the end of the regular season lol but like I said carry on....

His best 3 players were freshman but his lone senior was named a AA that season yeah ok and still you're missing the point he's never won a championship with only freshman or even had a decent season with young teams as we saw this year as an example Cal wins with freshman and please they don't give me that the freshman he get are pro's because Coach K gets those same players it's a fact Cal gets the most out of his players for example, Ulis goes from being deemed a 4 year player at UK to now a 1st round draft pick that my friend is called coaching....

And yeah blame Calapari for a team getting placed on probation for a kid(Camby) taking money from an agent or blame Calapari for it being "alleged" that Derrick Rose had someone else take his SAT for him even though it was never found to be true and Cal was cleared of any wrong doings in both those situations but keep reaching lol

Best "recruiter" in the country.  1 ship.  1 < 5.  But I forget.  You only like stats when they help your argument.  Which is almost never.  I gotcha junior. 

41 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Best "recruiter" in the country.  1 ship.  1 < 5.  But I forget.  You only like stats when they help your argument.  Which is almost never.  I gotcha junior. 

Cal has only been at a premier basketball program for 7 years now out of those 7 he's been to 4 finals fours and won a natty I think thats pretty good for a 7 year span with nothing but freshman...on the other hand Coach K has coached at Duke for almost forty years and have been a premier program for a LONG time....Now you think if Calapari coaches at Kentucky for 30 years he won't win 5 ships if not more? Come on this is common sense

24 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Cal has only been at a premier basketball program for 7 years now out of those 7 he's been to 4 finals fours and won a natty I think thats pretty good for a 7 year span with nothing but freshman...on the other hand Coach K has coached at Duke for almost forty years and have been a premier program for a LONG time....Now you think if Calapari coaches at Kentucky for 30 years he won't win 5 ships if not more? Come on this is common sense

Calipari won't be at Kentucky for 30 years.  When you're shady, you have to keep moving.  He's like that friend we all have that has to change his cell # every few years.

At this point you can't put Calpari along the same lines as Coach K. Yes Calpari can put together very talented teams, and go far with a young squad. But Coach K is more than that. Duke is second to none in graduation rate of basketball players, because any good coach will tell you it is just as much about having great men come out of your program as it is to have great players. And Coach K gets both, because he gets the best out of his players both on and off the court. Calpari is a great coach as well, but he is not on the same level as Coach K is. If he was he would be taking over the USA team...

2 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

At this point you can't put Calpari along the same lines as Coach K. Yes Calpari can put together very talented teams, and go far with a young squad. But Coach K is more than that. Duke is second to none in graduation rate of basketball players, because any good coach will tell you it is just as much about having great men come out of your program as it is to have great players. And Coach K gets both, because he gets the best out of his players both on and off the court. Calpari is a great coach as well, but he is not on the same level as Coach K is. If he was he would be taking over the USA team...

Good point.  I can tell you who Kobe and LeBron think the best college coach is.  

If only they knew as much basketball as OF...

9 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

Do we have to talk about how many times Coach K didn't win it all with those talented USA teams? Lol

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Good point.  I can tell you who Kobe and LeBron think the best college coach is.  

If only they knew as much basketball as OF...

Which is why Lebron has publicly stated he'd send his son to play for Calapari right? Keep looking stupid this is fun...

5 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Which is why Lebron has publicly stated he'd send his son to play for Calapari right? Keep looking stupid this is fun...

Please STOP the stupidity.  It's getting kind of sad.  Seriously.  You embarrass yourself and the person you're pretending to be on here. 

This is the hidden content, please

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

Please STOP the stupidity.  It's getting kind of sad.  Seriously.  You embarrass yourself and the person you're pretending to be on here. 

This is the hidden content, please

How does this contradict what I just said? I'm confused? I never said Lebron didn't say Coach K was his favorite coach keep reaching...

3 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

How does this contradict what I just said? I'm confused? I never said Lebron didn't say Coach K was his favorite coach keep reaching...

Keep trying Special J.  You might convince one person other than your delusional self.  

Nahhhh...

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Keep trying Special J.  You might convince one person other than your delusional self.  

Nahhhh...

Again not sure if you're comprehending this or not but I never said you were wrong I just simply replied Lebron has publicly stated he'd send Lebron Jr. to play for Calapari...but keep reaching to make yourself look credible this is funny.

BTW Jalen Rose has already exposed Coach K for the fraud he is...he only recruits certain type of black kids and we all know this...but you respect a guy like that? The same guy who tried to keep Cousins off the USA team(and we all know what his true reason was) for Plumlee? The same guy who just tried to criticize a kid for celebrating? Yeah the great Coach K

8 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

On his current pace, 1 championship per 7 years (which you keep saying is so great, which it is pretty impressive), Cal will win 5 championships if he stays 35 years. If my math is accurate, given his current pace, no he will not win 5 championships even if he stays 30 years.

8 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Again not sure if you're comprehending this or not but I never said you were wrong I just simply replied Lebron has publicly stated he'd send Lebron Jr. to play for Calapari...but keep reaching to make yourself look credible this is funny.

BTW Jalen Rose has already exposed Coach K for the fraud he is...he only recruits certain type of black kids and we all know this...but you respect a guy like that? The same guy who tried to keep Cousins off the USA team(and we all know what his true reason was) for Plumlee? The same guy who just tried to criticize a kid for celebrating? Yeah the great Coach K

Give it a few years and the horror stories of Calpari will surface... I put him and Pitino on the same level! 

I will say this Calpari rest his hat on getting players to the NBA, and he is successful in doing that. Coach K rest his hat on building a program to last and consistently win at the highest level, and he is successful at that! 

2 hours ago, Not A Guru said:

On his current pace, 1 championship per 7 years (which you keep saying is so great, which it is pretty impressive), Cal will win 5 championships if he stays 35 years. If my math is accurate, given his current pace, no he will not win 5 championships even if he stays 30 years.

You think OF can grasp math??