When Does Saveat Start Getting His Props?

BLUEDOVE3

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And OF, since when have you been high on Saveat?  I remember not long ago, you gave Boutee praise and you downtalked Saveat because you were in your feelings because Ozen wasn't consistently beating Central anymore....  And you said it wouldn't have happened under Boutee's watch and the program went to shambles since Saveat took over.  Well, this is not verbatim, but pretty much what you said.  Many heated arguments we had about this, you and I.  We used to ask you how do you run Ozen into the ground but carry the name Ozensfinest.  It's just amazing what a few years bring now.  A state championship appearance later and you're all in.  Ozen has the best guards in the state...  Saveat is great.  Boyd is the best guard in this area...  Ect, ect, ect.....

I NEVER said Saveat was a great coach...I just said he's much better than English but my feelings about Saveat have changed only SLIGHTLY. I will say this Saveat has a great STAFF around him that makes Ozen go. Hence to why I gave Mike T props earlier in the thread. And I never ran the program into the ground simply called things as I saw them and many others on here agreed with me behind the scenes. You've never heard me on here giving Saveat crazy props in this case I'm just comparing two coaches and Saveat is clearly the superior one is that simple. BTW Soulja I said Josh Boyd was the second best guard in the area WAYYYYY before the state championship appearance and you a bunch of others on here told me I was crazy....my how a year changes you guys tunes. You and TxHoops must be related cause you guys clearly can't read and comprehend. 

9 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

You look about dumb as Soulja do right now...

Look here boy, I have FORGOT more basketball than you know...YOU said that Savaet was HORRIBLE before...Now you have completely changed that tune and Soulja called you out on it.  You sound dumb to say that Brian English is an average coach. NO ONE AGREES WITH YOU. While that is your opinion, in which you are entitled, we know, (well I know) where its coming from...Its hate....and you should really stop that. Fact is, I know more about why you say what you say, than you think...You have most people fooled on here as to your identity...Not me...I KNOW you...Now, just leave it alone. Let it go. 

11 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

To be honest Saveat hasn't had very talented teams...none of the teams he has coached I would consider amongst the best teams to come through not even close actually. So actually he is doing more with less. Bottom line English and Saveat shouldn't even be in the same sentence two different caliber of coaches especially if were judging off body of work. I think a lot of you get caught up in what English could or would do if he got a job with more talent than what he's actually done as a head coach.

Exactly! Ozen isn't as talented as people think. Saveat and the Ozen system develop their players and they get better as the season prolongs. This is what people don't see.

19 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Exactly! Ozen isn't as talented as people think. Saveat and the Ozen system develop their players and they get better as the season prolongs. This is what people don't see.

And Soulja has witnessed it first hand now if we can only get to him put that blue and gold on and take off that murky maroon : )

26 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Look here boy, I have FORGOT more basketball than you know...YOU said that Savaet was HORRIBLE before...Now you have completely changed that tune and Soulja called you out on it.  You sound dumb to say that Brian English is an average coach. NO ONE AGREES WITH YOU. While that is your opinion, in which you are entitled, we know, (well I know) where its coming from...Its hate....and you should really stop that. Fact is, I know more about why you say what you say, than you think...You have most people fooled on here as to your identity...Not me...I KNOW you...Now, just leave it alone. Let it go. 

It's actually funny that you think I'm your nephew...if you knew your nephew as well as I did you'd know he disagrees with my stance on English smh Banks actually think he's a good coach. Lol I have reason to hide behind this message everybody knows I am, so again you sound foolish Walt. Fact is you can't argue that English has an average resume that's something that you really can't argue with honestly. As far as Saveat I haven't changed my tuned at all(if so show me proof please), he's surrounded himself with a great STAFF which I applaud. I simply compared one coach to another and if we look at ones resume compared to the other one coach is superior than the other it's really that simple. 

1 hour ago, Drango1 said:

Ozen's talent has and continues to be far superior to anyone in this area. That is a simple fact. With that said Saveat is a fine coach and deserves recognition. 

I don't know that I would go that far.  I think even most Ozen fans would concede that Central has had, if not similar talent, at least close to the same talent the last few years. 

And IMO, Silsbee has talent that isn't far inferior to any team in this area...

26 minutes ago, Drango1 said:

Ozen has produced D1 players that have been really good. Others havent. The talent is better period. Central and Silsbee have had some recently but overall Ozen's is superior. 

My issue was "continues to be far superior."  In the last 2 years, Ozen has produced 2 D1 players, Central 3.  And with the freshmen and sophomores, Silsbee probably has the most D1 prospects, especially if you consider the Bush kid a part of next year's team.  Of the ones on campus now, Silsbee has 2 rated in the top 10 in the greater Houston area of their class.  HJ has the only other in Parquet.