Beaumont Ozen 48 Fort Bend Bush 43/Final

WOSgrad

14 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Man, officiating is so hit and miss.  I thought the crew for the Central game was pretty bad and then the crew for Silsbee-Furr was really, really good. 

I didn't get to see but about the fourth qtr of that Centralgame,. But I did think our game was called well.  They sure weren't afraid to overrule each other.  I didn't see but a few that I would have questioned and some of those I had a bad angle on.  One I thought was a clear miss but the official couldn't see behind himself either.  When a Furr player threw the ball off of a Tiger while saving it.  It hit the Tiger and went on but lit looked like it hit the Furr player clearly while he was standing ob.  They also missed calling off a 3 we shot in the first half that hit the support and went in.  That one to me was the one miss that I couldn't understand.  That one was a bad call unless I am misunderstanding something. The game as called very well overall. I would definitely settle for that level the rest of the way.

20 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I didn't get to see but about the fourth qtr of that Centralgame,. But I did think our game was called well.  They sure weren't afraid to overrule each other.  I didn't see but a few that I would have questioned and some of those I had a bad angle on.  One I thought was a clear miss but the official couldn't see behind himself either.  When a Furr player threw the ball off of a Tiger while saving it.  It hit the Tiger and went on but lit looked like it hit the Furr player clearly while he was standing ob.  They also missed calling off a 3 we shot in the first half that hit the support and went in.  That one to me was the one miss that I couldn't understand.  That one was a bad call unless I am misunderstanding something. The game as called very well overall. I would definitely settle for that level the rest of the way.

I saw all those and you were correct.  The only other one I can think of was when a Furr player caught the ball on the sideline in front of the Silsbee bench and Dontre (I believe) ran into him forcing him out of bounds.  No foul, Silsbee's ball.  But four or 5 misses over a full game and none that were pivotal - like you, I will take that every time. And they were very consistent in controlling the game and not unjecting themselves.  Thought that was a very good crew.