Who will have the best (Most Exciting) WR Core in SETX Next Year.

Kj Dad

5 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

All I said was name one that would have and who he was moving out? Malick Phillips is probably the only player that could have moved one of our kids at db and I'm not sure at probably 5-8/160lbs even he had a real chance. All I said was name one, any one. When Grace tore his ACL, Craig Williams who's a 5star running back and the #3 APB in the country, took over the job. When I say seen the field, I mean start, not come in during stat padding time. Elite players are elite at their level most of the time, otherwise they would get recruited. Once more I ask, which elite WOS player would've moved a Crosby kid off of his job?

When you're talking about a two class jump the statement I made was far from ridiculous. If you look at it a different way, CE King probably had only one kid that could start for North Shore for example. That's with their qb going to Tulane and their running back going to A&M. There is no fluff, the 4A-D2 title game probably didn't have one FBS player in it. Just one class up in the 4A-D1 title game La Vega had four by themselves, Argyle had one of the better tight ends in the country that signed with Clemson. The numbers increase as the classes rise. Foster beat King by 14 in the second round a couple of weeks after we beat them by almost 40, which elite players from WOS would start on the team they lost to by 28? My statement wasn't ridiculous at all when it's put in context, and that's in reference to a team I've repeatedly said doesn't play by the same rules due to their talent level comparable to their classification. 

I think were arguing different points. Once again, I do not believe they would take any individual players job. I did not say they would start. I believe they would touch the field. I believe they would contribute with depth. Touching the field is not the same as starting. At the 5A level it is alot about depth. They would touch the field. IMO. That's my opinion. 

49 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

All I said was name one that would have and who he was moving out? Malick Phillips is probably the only player that could have moved one of our kids at db and I'm not sure at probably 5-8/160lbs even he had a real chance. All I said was name one, any one. When Grace tore his ACL, Craig Williams who's a 5star running back and the #3 APB in the country, took over the job. When I say seen the field, I mean start, not come in during stat padding time. Elite players are elite at their level most of the time, otherwise they would get recruited. Once more I ask, which elite WOS player would've moved a Crosby kid off of his job?

When you're talking about a two class jump the statement I made was far from ridiculous. If you look at it a different way, CE King probably had only one kid that could start for North Shore for example. That's with their qb going to Tulane and their running back going to A&M. There is no fluff, the 4A-D2 title game probably didn't have one FBS player in it. Just one class up in the 4A-D1 title game La Vega had four by themselves, Argyle had one of the better tight ends in the country that signed with Clemson. The numbers increase as the classes rise. Foster beat King by 14 in the second round a couple of weeks after we beat them by almost 40, which elite players from WOS would start on the team they lost to by 28? My statement wasn't ridiculous at all when it's put in context, and that's in reference to a team I've repeatedly said doesn't play by the same rules due to their talent level comparable to their classification. 

Obviously you haven't seen WOS....Malick Phillips wasn't even our best DB

you can put all different type of college players in college all you want , but which ones are actually producing for their team in college. you can NOT name one player from west orange that is in college and not producing for their team. difference between WOS and a lot of other schools. no matter where they go, our players will be a BIG part of their team.

1 hour ago, Mustangs93 said:

Obviously you haven't seen WOS....Malick Phillips wasn't even our best DB

I wasn't giving you my personal opinion, I was going off what the recruiters think. We all have our opinions, the people that get paid for their non-biased opinions think Phillips was the best for whatever reason. I watched the parts of the Foster game I could find and the entire Celina game, I wouldn't really say one stood out over the others but there's a reason Phillips has a 247 page and not even a player like Dallas does.

Phillips is not the only one that has a 247 page....S

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I wasn't giving you my personal opinion, I was going off what the recruiters think. We all have our opinions, the people that get paid for their non-biased opinions think Phillips was the best for whatever reason. I watched the parts of the Foster game I could find and the entire Celina game, I wouldn't really say one stood out over the others but there's a reason Phillips has a 247 page and not even a player like Dallas does.

Phillips wasn't the only one with a 247 page....Sophmore DB Jarron Morris#15....He lead the team with 6ints

10 minutes ago, Mustangs93 said:

Phillips is not the only one that has a 247 page....S

Phillips wasn't the only one with a 247 page....Sophmore DB Jarron Morris#15....He lead the team with 6ints

His page was put up recently with the majority of the other 2018's with no rankings yet. The reason I specifically named Dallas is because as highly thought of as he is in the area Phillips is still the only kid that came in with any notoriety on the recruiting scene.  

1 hour ago, wosfan1992 said:

you can put all different type of college players in college all you want , but which ones are actually producing for their team in college. you can NOT name one player from west orange that is in college and not producing for their team. difference between WOS and a lot of other schools. no matter where they go, our players will be a BIG part of their team.

Well, Crosby had three players playing in bowl games this season. Merka played for TCU, Singleton was playing Utah and Donnie Starks was starting for K-State. Singleton and Starks were starting by the end of the season and Merka played mostly in double TE sets but did get in the endzone. Austin Walter rushed for about 500 yards this year as frosh for Rice which included a 100 game in his first NCAA appearance. Clayton Callicutt set San Angelo's all-time sack record and was named to the little All-America team, he'll have an opportunity to play in the NFL this upcoming season. Aaron Brown is in JUCO this year but will probably be one of the more sought after dbs in the ranks once it's time to transfer. We have other kids doing work too but most of the 30 we signed over the last three years are still young and breaking into their roles.

7 minutes ago, Mustangs93 said:

So I guess Morris could step on the field with Crosby also

He would have to play over one of these kids, which I'm sure he wouldn't.

Taylor Perry - #36 CB in the country -

This is the hidden content, please

Joseph Pickney - 21-5A defensive MVP -

* Pickney had a different set of circumstances, otherwise he would probably be rated higher than Perry. He was our best db this year but Taylor will be the one that ends up a four star. My opinion doesn't matter to the guys handing out schollys though, which reverts back to what I was saying about Phillips or Morris.  

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

He would have to play over one of these kids, which I'm sure he wouldn't.

Taylor Perry - #36 CB in the country -

Joseph Pickney - 21-5A defensive MVP -

* Pickney had a different set of circumstances, otherwise he would probably be rated higher than Perry. He was our best db this year but Taylor will be the one that ends up a four star. My opinion doesn't matter to the guys handing out schollys though, which reverts back to what I was saying about Phillips or Morris.  

You said Phillips could step on the field for DB...And if he could so could Morris

13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, Crosby had three players playing in bowl games this season. Merka played for TCU, Singleton was playing Utah and Donnie Starks was starting for K-State. Singleton and Starks were starting by the end of the season and Merka played mostly in double TE sets but did get in the endzone. Austin Walter rushed for about 500 yards this year as frosh for Rice which included a 100 game in his first NCAA appearance. Clayton Callicutt set San Angelo's all-time sack record and was named to the little All-America team, he'll have an opportunity to play in the NFL this upcoming season. Aaron Brown is in JUCO this year but will probably be one of the more sought after dbs in the ranks once it's time to transfer. We have other kids doing work too but most of the 30 we signed over the last three years are still young and breaking into their roles.

All this and still NO Uil hardware......

Guys you forget. This is a Mecca. They are a 2nd Round 5A Power House. They have a JV that has more commits than most Varsity team. We heard about the MECCA all year during season. How nobody in the region would really test them other than yada yada and yada yada. They are a shoe in for State Semis at least. And then.... Woodshed. 

6 minutes ago, Mustangs93 said:

Kids from WOS can play big school ball....Sterling-Cole started 2years at 6A Westfield....Tre Baldwin started LB at Cy-Falls....

I didn't say kids from WOS couldn't play at the bigger schools, I said off this specific team versus the one we put on the field last year. I think Justin Thomas is the best db to come out of the area since I've been on this board, that's DT and Tony Brown included. He would probably get serious NFL attention if he was taller. When your own coach says "it looks like the circus came through and dropped them off" it's very hard to project those kids against a higher level of competition when the only time they were on the field with similar athletes in a bigger class they got roughed up.  

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:16 PM, Kj Dad said:

Sometimes you have to ignore people that don't have any sense. To say The Mecca has all those D1 Recruits that can't win the Big Game. Better yet get out the 2nd Round. All imma tell 14.2 is get you one. (STATE CHAMPIONSHIP) I WOULD GIVE YOU SOME INSIGHT, BUT KEEP SLEEPING ON WOS KIDS.

You can't give me insight on anything. Dallas Skyline, Desoto and Westfield are not only some of the most talented teams in Texas, but some of the most talented in the country. None of them have titles, neither does Brenham who's produced first round picks like Limas Sweed and Malcom Brown, not to mention guys like Jarret Lee who was backing up Phillip Rivers a few years ago.

The way the current format is, the second round in 5A and 6A is usually the hardest round before the regional final because you get a bunch of top seeds matching up from districts with 7-9 teams. Half of the teams in the 4A playoffs, especially D2, come from the bottom half of the district and the good teams really won't see each other until deep. You saw how WOS was slaughtered by Foster this past year, those are what the good 5A teams in Houston look like. Foster couldn't win a big game either and they probably have more D1 recruits than Crosby. What Crosby puts on the field is standard operations for the good 5A's in the Houston area, it only seems like a lot of talent when you compare it to the SETXsports coverage area. Fort Bend County probably has the highest concentration of talent anywhere in the country besides Dade or Broward counties in south Florida. Keep in mind that on you way to Fort Bend you can detour down 288 where Pearland, Dawson, Manvel and Angleton all reside. Yet, until GR won a title this past year the only one they had to show was LC with Rodgers. That's coming from an area with probably 30 schools.

Little bit different playing the district champion from toughest district in the region for a second round game, who eventually lost to the champ in the semis vs getting Wharton which couldn't win their own district which probably consisted of only 5 teams. I'm glad WOS won for the GT, but like I said, there's not a bit of insight you can offer me. Crosby is moving towards the 6A ranks in a couple more alignments while WOS is pretty stagnant and will continue to get to play in a watered down 4A-D2, we're just looking at things from two totally different ends of the spectrum.  

38 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You can't give me insight on anything. Dallas Skyline, Desoto and Westfield are not only some of the most talented teams in Texas, but some of the most talented in the country. None of them have titles, neither does Brenham who's produced first round picks like Limas Sweed and Malcom Brown, not to mention guys like Jarret Lee who was backing up Phillip Rivers a few years ago.

The way the current format is, the second round in 5A and 6A is usually the hardest round before the regional final because you get a bunch of top seeds matching up from districts with 7-9 teams. Half of the teams in the 4A playoffs, especially D2, come from the bottom half of the district and the good teams really won't see each other until deep. You saw how WOS was slaughtered by Foster this past year, those are what the good 5A teams in Houston look like. Foster couldn't win a big game either and they probably have more D1 recruits than Crosby. What Crosby puts on the field is standard operations for the good 5A's in the Houston area, it only seems like a lot of talent when you compare it to the SETXsports coverage area. Fort Bend County probably has the highest concentration of talent anywhere in the country besides Dade or Broward counties in south Florida. Keep in mind that on you way to Fort Bend you can detour down 288 where Pearland, Dawson, Manvel and Angleton all reside. Yet, until GR won a title this past year the only one they had to show was LC with Rodgers. That's coming from an area with probably 30 schools.

Little bit different playing the district champion from toughest district in the region for a second round game, who eventually lost to the champ in the semis vs getting Wharton which couldn't win their own district which probably consisted of only 5 teams. I'm glad WOS won for the GT, but like I said, there's not a bit of insight you can offer me. Crosby is moving towards the 6A ranks in a couple more alignments while WOS is pretty stagnant and will continue to get to play in a watered down 4A-D2, we're just looking at things from two totally different ends of the spectrum.  

Boy, you make it sound bad for yourselves.  Sounds like y'all need to get used to early exits.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:16 PM, Kj Dad said:

Sometimes you have to ignore people that don't have any sense. To say The Mecca has all those D1 Recruits that can't win the Big Game. Better yet get out the 2nd Round. All imma tell 14.2 is get you one. (STATE CHAMPIONSHIP) I WOULD GIVE YOU SOME INSIGHT, BUT KEEP SLEEPING ON WOS KIDS.

I really think WOS would have beaten Crosby if they played each other last year