Chireno VS Evadale Rematch

OWLSFAN

6 hours ago, OWLSFAN said:

Game is set. It will start at 5pm in Chireno

Interesting!   I think both teams will benefit.  I think Dist play is taking its toll on Lady Rebels but I would make them a 6 point favorite, with the caveat that I'm no basketball expert lol

1 hour ago, OWLSFAN said:

At this point in the season rankings mean very little.  Final outcome of this game will mean very little as well.  I'm just hoping this game helps both teams get ready for a playoff run and that no one gets hurt.

You're spot on about the rankings. Actually, they never mean much, but they're fun to banter about. What I didn't know, and most don't, is that 1A basketball, especially girls, is like say, searching for a poodle & finding a wolf.  For those who have no idea why please go to post on TABC rankings for 2/1 & read replies by Red Raider 30.  Them girls can play. 

And you're right OF, outcome means little, and like you, no injuries.  And may both leave the court better prepared for the challenges they face the following week. 

Chireno will host Douglas on Tuesday night. Might be a good game. Chireno has clinched its fourth district title in a row. If Douglas could get the win then they would be second place team. If Chireno wins then Douglas would need a playoff with Apple Springs to determine second and third. I expect to get Douglas's best effort. Looking forward to Evadale on Friday. Will be good game for both programs. 

2 hours ago, OWLSFAN said:

It was better game than score indicated. Evadale went cold in fourth. Chireno big girl heated up and made 8 3's. 

I remember her from our first game.  Deadly with the 3's.  Thanks for the update.  Gives me hope.  One thing for sure, this old Rebel is now an Owl fan in the 1A playoffs.