East Chambers

2015 Playoffs / Results

Hitchcock lost to Mathis in the regional finals 54-27

La Marque lost to Caldwell in the area game 42-39

East Chambers lost to Grandview in the area game 42-14

Anahuac (3-7) no playoffs

Hardin (3-7) no playoffs

Hempstead (2-8) no playoffs

EC will have a down year next year and I don't think they have anything coming up thru the system that I have seen at any level that will change my mind. I watched them at every level this year and heard straight from Sutherland's mouth when we traveled there this year, that he's looking to rebuild going forward. Of course any time you lose 26 seniors on a 3a level program, it's going to be tough. The DC goes thru LM and Hitchcock this year.

Hardin JV (lost 2 games last year) and had a young varsity so we will be getting better. Not sure what Anahuac lost or has going forward. I know they lost the RB from this past season. Hempstsead could be on the rise, so we'll look for them to compete.

Hardin Hornets 12-3a Division 1

CONFIRMED

Week 1 - Hull Daisetta (last meeting 2013 - Hardin won 41-24) Location : Hull Daisetta

Week 2 - Huntington (last meeting 2015 - Huntington won 14-0) Location : Huntington

Week 3 - New Waverly (last meting 2015 - Hardin won 24-8) Location: Hardin

Week 4 - Centerville (last meeting - Have never played) N/A

Week 5 - Hardin Jefferson (last meeting 2002 - Hardin won 24-19) Location : Sour Lake

EC will be young, but I still think will compete just fine in this district. We won district last year at the JV and 8th grade level, so I don't know what you mean by "don't have anything coming up"...

This will be more of a reloading year, this groups coming up might be the brightest we have ever seen. They will have their bumps just like every young team, but I think will compete in district play. This district has a lot of question marks, but only time will tell.

12 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

EC will be young, but I still think will compete just fine in this district. We won district last year at the JV and 8th grade level, so I don't know what you mean by "don't have anything coming up"...

This will be more of a reloading year, this groups coming up might be the brightest we have ever seen. They will have their bumps just like every young team, but I think will compete in district play. This district has a lot of question marks, but only time will tell.

Post EC's non district schedule if you have it, sir.

1 hour ago, MOSSHILL said:

Hardin Hornets 12-3a Division 1

CONFIRMED

Week 1 - Hull Daisetta (last meeting 2013 - Hardin won 41-24) Location : Hull Daisetta

Week 2 - Huntington (last meeting 2015 - Huntington won 14-0) Location : Huntington

Week 3 - New Waverly (last meting 2015 - Hardin won 24-8) Location: Hardin

Week 4 - Centerville (last meeting - Have never played) N/A

Week 5 - Hardin Jefferson (last meeting 2002 - Hardin won 24-19) Location : Sour Lake

So HD has decided that it is in their best interest to play up a classification against a old rival? The worst way to build morale for the Bobcats is to lost by 50 to Hardin. That loss will sink any hope of having a successful season. The kids and the town will be downtrodden after that beat down. Not very wide IMO.

41 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

East Chambers

Wk 1 - Beaumont Kelly

Wk 2 - TBA

Wk 3 - TBA

Wk 4 - Shelbyville

Wk 5 - Newton

I will edit this post as I find out games. Still trying to fill Wk 2 and 3.

week 2 and 3 is filled, I just couldn't remember what teams Coach Sutherland told me this morning. I am thinking it is Hamshire-Fannett and Deweyville. In fact, I am almost certain those are the two teams.

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

week 2 and 3 is filled, I just couldn't remember what teams Coach Sutherland told me this morning. I am thinking it is Hamshire-Fannett and Deweyville. In fact, I am almost certain those are the two teams.

Thanks, Mike

Great job this morning by the way.

Guest ECBucFan

While I don't look forward to the long travels necessary in this new district, I am excited to see our opponents. Kelly, Tarkington, H-F, New Waverly, Newton, then Anahuac, Hardin, Hempstead, Hitchcock and La Marque for district is a fine line up for our 2016 season.

Way too early guess is that EC, LM, and Hitchcock will fight it out for the DC. Safe travels to all.  

20 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

While I don't look forward to the long travels necessary in this new district, I am excited to see our opponents. Kelly, Tarkington, H-F, New Waverly, Newton, then Anahuac, Hardin, Hempstead, Hitchcock and La Marque for district is a fine line up for our 2016 season.

Way too early guess is that EC, LM, and Hitchcock will fight it out for the DC. Safe travels to all.  

I think Hempstead will be the surprise! EC will probably be 4th behind the "new 3". Unless they develop a lot faster than I expect, but don't see them getting any higher than maybe 2nd. 

Guest ECBucFan

Throughout the years, the Bucs have thrived on low expectations. Some of the best teams in the past were "wrote off" before their season had even started, and ended up doing very well. Now that the big Senior laden team has finished, you have a bunch of hungry kids that have waited and are now ready to step in and go.

LM should be the favorite. After that, Hitchcock is losing 13 seniors off their 11-3 team, so they too are rebuilding. Hempstead was only 2-8 last year, and is losing 7 seniors off a squad of only 25. I cannot see EC falling behind Hempstead.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:20 PM, ECBucFan said:

Throughout the years, the Bucs have thrived on low expectations. Some of the best teams in the past were "wrote off" before their season had even started, and ended up doing very well. Now that the big Senior laden team has finished, you have a bunch of hungry kids that have waited and are now ready to step in and go.

LM should be the favorite. After that, Hitchcock is losing 13 seniors off their 11-3 team, so they too are rebuilding. Hempstead was only 2-8 last year, and is losing 7 seniors off a squad of only 25. I cannot see EC falling behind Hempstead.

I'm not writing this team off, I just know Hempstead has a lot of talent coming back from last years team, which was very young. I know we will be in the hunt we always are, but I just think we are losing to much off of our line! We have the skill, they will be young but very talented. They will be just fine our non-district games will tell a lot.

I agree AAWA - I heard how you feel straight from Sutherlands mouth. Its been one heck of a 20 year run and you can not take anything away from it at all. You guys have owned 2a / 3a in Southeast Texas for a long time.....I want to be wrong here, but I believe it's over for EC in comparison to how things have been. No doubt a playoff contender tho !!!