Beaumont Central 61...Lumberton 61  End of 4th Qt

Overtime 63-61 Central

Overtime 64-61 Central

Overtime 66-61 Central

Overtime 67-63 Central

Overtime 67-66 Central

Overtime 68-66 Central

Overtime 70-68 Central Final****

I watched the game through unbiased eyes not having a dog in the fight. A hard fought battle to the end. The refs missed calls both ways through out the game but all in all the players decided the the outcome not the refs. Lumberton played well enough to win with their accurate 3 point shooting but Central prevailed with their hustle and physical play. jmo...

Friend from Lumberton I talked to said the same about Ref's.  Missed or bad calls against both teams.  His opinion about the loss was Raiders missing some easy baskets and free throws.  Many who read this may disagree, but it's just his opinion and I trust his assessment, but all have their own opinions. 

From an outsider looking in and not seeing or talking to anybody that was at the game, I am just looking at the box scores and the Central outscored Lumberton 16-11 in the 1st and 4th Qtr's and 19-14 in the 2nd Qtr. Lumberton won the 3rd qtr in a big way 25-10. I would say Central played consistently better than Lumberton throughout the majority of the game. It's always easy to blame the refs after a tough loss and never looks good for the team blaming the refs. Was it the refs fault Lumberton outscored Central 25-10 in the 3rd Qtr? Central also beat Lumberton in the first district meeting between the teams at Lumberton. I would say Central is the better team or the better coached team. If Central played more aggressive and the refs allowed the aggressive play to happen then Lumberton should have been more aggressive or used Central's aggressive play against them.

Lumberton played just as aggressive as Central but Lumberton is the one that kept getting called for it. Tell me how Lumberton had more than 2 foul out but Central didn't have any foul out? I was at the game, the coach even was very upset with how the refs called this game. Yes Central played as hard as Lumberton did but if calls that were made against Lumberton and should have been against Central too then I'm positive Lumberton would have won before OT

U can say da refs was to blame but it went both ways. Da refs missed a lot of off arm offensive foul calls all night against Lumberton. But guess wat da aggressive play is wat ur going to c n da playoffs so don't complain about da refs. Last thing lumbertons second best shooter missed two one n ones to ice da game. Don't complain about refs complain about making free throws wen it counts. God bless

On 1/31/2016 at 1:28 PM, RaiderGirl2010 said:

Lumberton played just as aggressive as Central but Lumberton is the one that kept getting called for it. Tell me how Lumberton had more than 2 foul out but Central didn't have any foul out? I was at the game, the coach even was very upset with how the refs called this game. Yes Central played as hard as Lumberton did but if calls that were made against Lumberton and should have been against Central too then I'm positive Lumberton would have won before OT

Unfortunately, games are not always officiated equally.  Part of basketball is "adjusting to the officiating" in spite of the disparity in calls.  Early, I learned it was unproductive to remain "upset with how the refs called the game," and more productive to make whatever necessary adjustments to minimize the harm.

Jacks probably doesn't help his team out yelling at the refs from the opening tip off either and Jacks is known for having girls on his team that he just uses to be aggressive and foul the other team. I would like to see the box score on attempts and misses with both shots and free throws. That tells you who controls the tempo of the game. Plus like JP said, you make one free throw and you win the game and no mention of the refs is ever made on here.

36 minutes ago, OneChance said:

Jacks probably doesn't help his team out yelling at the refs from the opening tip off either and Jacks is known for having girls on his team that he just uses to be aggressive and foul the other team. I would like to see the box score on attempts and misses with both shots and free throws. That tells you who controls the tempo of the game. Plus like JP said, you make one free throw and you win the game and no mention of the refs is ever made on here.

Yelling at the refs from the opening tip off...lol? I can't ever see that being beneficial "to me" in close games.  If, for whatever reason, I felt compelled to "go there" with the ref(s), I couldn't be surprise or upset when calls continue not going my way.  Are there officials who take into consideration a team's tendency to be aggressive and foul?  I think it would be safe to assume, "yes," at least a few.  So, generally speaking, not too bad to be in position to make one free throw and win the game.

4 hours ago, OneChance said:

Due to my G'kids, I've had to try to learn basketball in my old age.  Here's something I've observed:

I suspect, had those free throws been made, there would still be complaints about the refs.  Just be from the Central fans.  Reading post on here, rarely see the winners complain lol

In some cases dats true, but da refs were bad on both sides da team I rooted for won but refs were bad on both sides. Win or lose I would have complained. Great game from both sided number 1 is a tremendous shooter kudos to her. Wat a weapon to have, going into da postseason wishing Lumberton nothing but luck unless they go against da jags. God bless.

3 hours ago, JP greatest shooter said:

In some cases dats true, but da refs were bad on both sides da team I rooted for won but refs were bad on both sides. Win or lose I would have complained. Great game from both sided number 1 is a tremendous shooter kudos to her. Wat a weapon to have, going into da postseason wishing Lumberton nothing but luck unless they go against da jags. God bless.

My friend from Ltown agreed, great game.  Also, Best of Luck to all the local playoff teams from this area.  

Refs were bad but that is not why Lumberton lost.  Central outplayed Lumberton 3 of the 4 quarters, period.  Lumberton is a good team but when you live and die by the 3, sometimes you have to die by it.  And it doesn't make any sense to blame the refs when Central came into Lumberton and beat the Raiders.  Central is just the better team right now.  Exciting game to watch.  Good luck to both teams in the playoffs