Los Angeles Rams

5 hours ago, GCMinTheFuture said:

It wont happen.

More likely than not. Many Californians are moving to Austin. Plus with McCombs on board and corporate sponsors lined up it is too easy. Oakland does not have the money to help with a new stadium. San Antonio already has the Alamodome to use for a couple of years while they build a new stadium up north. Money wise for the NFL the Raiders can sell higher priced tickets because of the tech boom in Austin and North San Anton. Jerry Jones is the big obstacle especially if the stadium rivals Cowboys, but it would work better for the rest of the league if the will they-won't they situation would be put to bed.

On 1/16/2016 at 8:08 PM, RaiderRed30 said:

More likely than not. Many Californians are moving to Austin. Plus with McCombs on board and corporate sponsors lined up it is too easy. Oakland does not have the money to help with a new stadium. San Antonio already has the Alamodome to use for a couple of years while they build a new stadium up north. Money wise for the NFL the Raiders can sell higher priced tickets because of the tech boom in Austin and North San Anton. Jerry Jones is the big obstacle especially if the stadium rivals Cowboys, but it would work better for the rest of the league if the will they-won't they situation would be put to bed.

Honestly I dont have a team in the NFL that i really follow. I am not jumping on the Cowboys or Texans bandwagons but if they did move the Raiders to S.A I think I would jump on that wagon and they would be my team to follow.  My family right now is Half Texans fans and half Cowboys fans. I need a team to watch and buy gear for. lol

If it happens, what city does the team take its name. Davis bought land somewhere north, but no one knows where. San Marcos seems like the logical choice, but the does the team pick San Antonio or Austin, since San Marcos is technically south Austin. It should be less controversial then when the Cowboys crossed the line, yet kept the title Dallas.

If it does happen, the Raiders stadium would be larger than the town (60,000). San Antonio and Austin are growing and they deserve more teams. 3 D1 schools and 1 men's professional team is not enough for an area that will soon be basically the same as Dallas and Fort Worth. The plans are even to build one airport in the middle. Maybe then more people will understand the Dallas/Fort Worth hatred.

On January 19, 2016 at 10:37 PM, RaiderRed30 said:

If it happens, what city does the team take its name. Davis bought land somewhere north, but no one knows where. San Marcos seems like the logical choice, but the does the team pick San Antonio or Austin, since San Marcos is technically south Austin. It should be less controversial then when the Cowboys crossed the line, yet kept the title Dallas.

If it does happen, the Raiders stadium would be larger than the town (60,000). San Antonio and Austin are growing and they deserve more teams. 3 D1 schools and 1 men's professional team is not enough for an area that will soon be basically the same as Dallas and Fort Worth. The plans are even to build one airport in the middle. Maybe then more people will understand the Dallas/Fort Worth hatred.

They could always take the state name....The Texas Raiders. Has a good ring to it.