2016 CFB Longhorns

UTfanatic

By the way, DWI 1st is a class B misdemeanor in this state, that is virtually always a probation case for a kid in Kent's position.  Other than law enforcement, it will usually not cost you your job or license.  A one or two game suspension would seem appropriate to me, if he's found guilty.  Especially with "victimless" crimes, I have a problem with the presumption of innocence being cast aside in punishing kids who might ultimately be found not guilty.  

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

By the way, DWI 1st is a class B misdemeanor in this state, that is virtually always a probation case for a kid in Kent's position.  Other than law enforcement, it will usually not cost you your job or license.  A one or two game suspension would seem appropriate to me, if he's found guilty.  Especially with "victimless" crimes, I have a problem with the presumption of innocence being cast aside in punishing kids who might ultimately be found not guilty.  

^^^ All of this is true in regards to the law.  And he can also apply for a new program that allows 1st time offenders the opportunity to clear their name of DWI charges with the appropriate amount of probation, community service, etc. so long as he keeps his nose clean while under the probationary period.  My wife specifically deals with this stuff in Galveston Co.

OTOH, I don't think Charlie really gives two craps what the letter of the law states.  See Montrell Meander and Kendall Sanders as examples.  They both had cases that were dismissed, but never were reinstated by UT or the FB program.  He holds these guys to a whole nother lever and I don't have a problem with it.  This ain't bamer, aggy or LSU.  If you want to act like a regard, go play for one of those schools.  We are above that.

20 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Go talk to MADD about "victimless" crimes.

9 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Lulz...MADD...give me a break.  Talk about a gang of hypocrites...

You are on a roll lately.  First you make fun of murder & mental illness and now you go after mothers who have lost kids to drunk drivers.  You seem like an awesome person. 

4 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

You are on a roll lately.  First you make fun of murder & mental illness and now you go after mothers who have lost kids to drunk drivers.  You seem like an awesome person. 

I'm a realist who can read through these groups BS.  When the President of MADD gets charged with and convicted of DWI, I consider that a hypocrite.  But you go right on ahead making your assumptions like a good aggy would. 

Moreover, you don't see me letting big Perk off the hook on this one.  I fully expect he's going to be let go for this, it's not a laughing matter and he needs to grow up.  He's supposed to be a senior leader and being a role model for the younger athletes and he goes and does something like this.

26 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:
17 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Lulz...MADD...give me a break.  Talk about a gang of hypocrites...

Go talk to MADD about "victimless" crimes.

Speaking of hypocrites, I guess you never drank and got behind the wheel at college, Mack?  You know, when you were a dumb kid? 

I don't need to talk to MADD about the law.  When there is a victim (hence "victimless" wouldn't apply), it's not a Class B.  But I realize I am probably getting way over the common gomer's head so for that, I apologize. 

I don't think he should be kicked off of the team, but Charlie sells himself as some kind of Savior so he might just get rid of him. 

Most people that have drank alcohol have also driven when they probably shouldn't have.  Charlie can use Perkins as an example to his team and others.  Suspend him a game or 2, let him give speeches to the teams and other youth around town about the dangers of driving drunk.  A lot more can be accomplished by community service in this case than just kicking him off the team and being done with him. 

Me too, I don't WANT to see him kicked off the team.  I WANT a few games suspension. Maybe take a line out of aggy suspension code, like Kansas, Tceh, and ISU.  I just THINK Charlie and I won't see eye to eye on this one.  I think he gone as this isn't his first violation.  IIRC, he was in the doghouse back when Charlie first got here.

14 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Speaking of hypocrites, I guess you never drank and got behind the wheel at college, Mack?  You know, when you were a dumb kid? 

I don't need to talk to MADD about the law.  When there is a victim (hence "victimless" wouldn't apply), it's not a Class B.  But I realize I am probably getting way over the common gomer's head so for that, I apologize. 

Did you sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

5 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Me too, I don't WANT to see him kicked off the team.  I WANT a few games suspension. Maybe take a line out of aggy suspension code, like Kansas, Tceh, and ISU.  I just THINK Charlie and I won't see eye to eye on this one.  I think he gone as this isn't his first violation.  IIRC, he was in the doghouse back when Charlie first got here.

How about one half of a game against a D2 school?  That seemed to learn Johnny Football purty good

1 hour ago, GCMPats said:

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

Mike Finger Retweeted Woody West '01

Fun fact: At Texas, Charlie Strong never has used a player in the first game after an arrest. Kevin Sumlin has done it at least twice.

Bye, Felisha.

So Johnny got arrested before his redshirt year and Trill was arrested in March.  Both were Suspended from team activities.  Did they deserve year long suspensions?

1 minute ago, UTfanatic said:

But my Texas degree has provided the funds necessary to secure whomever I want. But I only need to be smarter than you. 

I guess that you are still mad about the short jokes.

Hookem

Omg you actually posted something worth typing instead of your unruly rhetoric, im so proud of you!