2016 CFB Longhorns

UTfanatic

6 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

So let me get this straight... McNeal was deemed not $EC ready when he chose UT, but now that he's a woman beater, he IS $EC ready? Is that ye ole aggy logic?

Good luck to the young man, hopefully he doesn't have any more issues going forward.

I think he was out of position at Texas.  Most people that saw him play in HS said he was a better LB. He wanted to play TE in college for some reason.  I would bet he plays defense at his new school.  

10 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I think he was out of position at Texas.  Most people that saw him play in HS said he was a better LB. He wanted to play TE in college for some reason.  I would bet he plays defense at his new school.  

How did he even end up at UT? I thought he wanted to go to Collie Station…… 

Looks like Fat Ketch's sources disagree with bulldogbacker or whatever his name is now.

Well, the quarterback battle is still ongoing, but my sources in the building are currently saying the battle between Swoopes and Buechele has been pretty lopsided since practice began earlier this month. 

Swoopes is so far ahead, some in the building believe it is just a matter of time before he not Buechele is named Texas' opening day starter against Notre Dame. 

"It's not even close," one source told me

As reported before,

Strong's first scrimmage report:

included in the article,

As always, the ongoing quarterback competition was a topic of conversation and Strong provided some insight as to why there isn’t yet a starter.

"When we decide, we’ll talk about it," Strong said. "The team will know. We can’t let Notre Dame know."

This is the hidden content, please

Leaky leaks are for deception!

Hookem

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

If Charlie thinks keeping his starting QB a secret is the key to beating Notre Dame, then Texas has bigger problems than everyone thinks.  

Dude, your aggy is shining thru in this statement. How in the world would letting them know early benefit Texas? Why tip your hand? Gives ND more to have to consider in preparing for us.

54 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Dude, your aggy is shining thru in this statement. How in the world would letting them know early benefit Texas? Why tip your hand? Gives ND more to have to consider in preparing for us.

You kidding right? At least I would hope you are cause that was pretty damn funny man. Lol

1 hour ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

It would be beneficial to the starter to receive the most work possible in practice with the 1st team to get ready for the season.  If Chucky thinks splitting time so he can suprise ND will help then go ahead.  

If one QB is taking significantly more snaps in practice, Fat Ketch and the others will let everyone know so it won't be much of a secret anyways.  I guess that's tough for tshirt fans to understand. Kind of like coin flips.    

The message boards already know it's gonna be Buechele.  ND knows that as well. And he brings a set of wares to the table that Swooped doesn't, and that's not debatable. Shane if a smart system type QB that fits his role. Swooped is a big pain to tackle. That's about it.

Doesn't change the fact, the fans would crucify him for tipping his hand, so why give them that excuse? Just take it out of the equation.

25 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

The message boards already know it's gonna be Buechele.  ND knows that as well. And he brings a set of wares to the table that Swooped doesn't, and that's not debatable. Shane if a smart system type QB that fits his role. Swooped is a big pain to tackle. That's about it.

Doesn't change the fact, the fans would crucify him for tipping his hand, so why give them that excuse? Just take it out of the equation.

Why hasn't Swoopes position been switched? We all knew Heard was gonna be a WR sooner or later. Wth is Locksley?? He still on the team or transferred? 

43 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Why hasn't Swoopes position been switched? We all knew Heard was gonna be a WR sooner or later. Wth is Locksley?? He still on the team or transferred? 

I know.  Heard should be thrilled.  Had no shot at playing QB at the next level but if he can run routes and catch the ball, could make a heckuva slot receiver.  And definitely agree on Swoopes.  If I was him or his dad, I would be begging for reps at TE.  He can't play qb at the college level, much less any higher.  Well, unless you snap him the ball and he runs right up the middle for a yard or two.  Don't see many teams past pee wee that run that offense...

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I know.  Heard should be thrilled.  Had no shot at playing QB at the next level but if he can run routes and catch the ball, could make a heckuva slot receiver.  And definitely agree on Swoopes.  If I was him or his dad, I would be begging for reps at TE.  He can't play qb at the college level, much less any higher.  Well, unless you snap him the ball and he runs right up the middle for a yard or two.  Don't see many teams past pee wee that run that offense...

+1! Heard is just like Lorenzo Joe, we all knew in Abilene he was gonna be a good WR for UT. 

Did Kai transfer or he getting reps at QB? 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

+1! Heard is just like Lorenzo Joe, we all knew in Abilene he was gonna be a good WR for UT. 

Dang, I meant to address that too.  He was apparently very angry in the spring over lack of reps.  There was a lot of talk about him transferring.  But he's still there last I heard and still at QB.  But I can't imagine he's getting many reps because I believe he would be 4th on the depth chart (behind those mentioned and Merrick).  

12 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

As reported before,

Strong's first scrimmage report:

included in the article,

As always, the ongoing quarterback competition was a topic of conversation and Strong provided some insight as to why there isn’t yet a starter.

"When we decide, we’ll talk about it," Strong said. "The team will know. We can’t let Notre Dame know."

This is the hidden content, please

Leaky leaks are for deception!

Hookem

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Read the link previously provided.

Hookem

6 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Dang, I meant to address that too.  He was apparently very angry in the spring over lack of reps.  There was a lot of talk about him transferring.  But he's still there last I heard and still at QB.  But I can't imagine he's getting many reps because I believe he would be 4th on the depth chart (behind those mentioned and Merrick).  

Sucks for him. 

8 hours ago, TxHoops said:

A&M's Brandon Williams is a story that coaches across the country will be telling for years after he made the switch last year from running back to corner as a senior.  He went from a player that woundn't have been drafted to a 3rd round pick that is currently starting at corner back for the Arizona Cardinals as a rookie.  

Swoopes and Heard can both succeed in the league, just not at the position that they have both played their entire lives.  Williams listened to his coaches, put in the work, and will make a lot of money because of it.  

Caleb Blueitt is another example of selflessness and it's proving to work pretty well for him. That's a large mf'er for a safety or nickel to be trying to tackle. But Swooped is still our second best QB so he needs to stay put. 

And Lorenzo Joe is by far our best blocking receiver. He fits what we're trying to do perfectly. He's gonna be missed. 

Heard seems to be fitting the bill so far. Excited to see what wrinkles Sterlin has installed for him this year.