4a division 1 projections

6 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Thats dumb, bypass Houston to go to Orange or BC. Lol 

Yep. I don't know how accurate they are. I'm sure there's a closer team.  I would have assumed they would have made Ozen drop down. Do you how good Navasota will be next year? I'm sure if they were in our district they would be the favorite to win it

2 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Yep. I don't know how accurate they are. I'm sure there's a closer team.  I would have assumed they would have made Ozen drop down. Do you how good Navasota will be next year? I'm sure if they were in our district they would be the favorite to win it

Silsbee will be better than Navasota next year. On paper anyway. 

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 5:53 AM, RaiderRed30 said:

Looking at things the only place Navasota can go is either east to Orange or south to Brazosport. They will travel no matter what the case. If Houston has 8 schools then they are one district by themselves. JV and Freshman will be difficult. JH would not as Navasota is in a district with BCS schools.

Waco area is closer.

22 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Ozen should be in this district.  I can't believe that Saveat is going to cheat the kids out of a level playing field to save a few dollars...yes I can...smh.

Maybe they and Fort Worth Dunbar can meet in the state championship of some sport and just call it the outlaw 4A championship or something like that.

Navasota is  about 2 hrs and 30 mins from Brazosport and 3 hrs from Bridge City. I could just as easily see them in    12 4A.  Heck it takes about as long to go to Kilgore or Lampasas from Navasota as it does to go to Bridge City from Navasota. Seems like the best option for Navasota would to put it with the Houston Schools. That then makes them have 9 teams. So a solution would be to break up that district and send some North west and some East.  It could look something like this:

Furr, Wheatley, Silsbee, LCM, BC, Huffman, Worthing, Yates in one district. Furthest game is 1 hr and 53 min.

Scarborough, Washington, Kashmere, North Forest, Cleveland, Livingston, Navasota in the other district. Furthest game would be 1 hour 40 minutes. 

This would eliminate anyone driving over 2 hours for a district game.

7 hours ago, Kegger said:

Navasota is  about 2 hrs and 30 mins from Brazosport and 3 hrs from Bridge City. I could just as easily see them in    12 4A.  Heck it takes about as long to go to Kilgore or Lampasas from Navasota as it does to go to Bridge City from Navasota. Seems like the best option for Navasota would to put it with the Houston Schools. That then makes them have 9 teams. So a solution would be to break up that district and send some North west and some East.  It could look something like this:

Furr, Wheatley, Silsbee, LCM, BC, Huffman, Worthing, Yates in one district. Furthest game is 1 hr and 53 min.

Scarborough, Washington, Kashmere, North Forest, Cleveland, Livingston, Navasota in the other district. Furthest game would be 1 hour 40 minutes. 

This would eliminate anyone driving over 2 hours for a district game.

UIL rules will not allow any other school in Houston's district. Houston has 8 which places them as one district with no outside teams forcing Navasota to travel.

16 hours ago, RaiderRed30 said:

UIL rules will not allow any other school in Houston's district. Houston has 8 which places them as one district with no outside teams forcing Navasota to travel.

Is that a rule or is that just what they do typically? I know that a few of those schools were in with Navasota and Sealy last year. But I guess that could be because there were not enough Houston schools in the 4A Div 1 to make 1 district. That really puts Navasota in a tough spot for traveling. 

37 minutes ago, Kegger said:

Is that a rule or is that just what they do typically? I know that a few of those schools were in with Navasota and Sealy last year. But I guess that could be because there were not enough Houston schools in the 4A Div 1 to make 1 district. That really puts Navasota in a tough spot for traveling. 

It is a rule. 7 schools or fewer in the same class allows UIL to place other schools in the district. Case in point Katy which has 7 so Strake Jesuit is usually thrown in. 8-10 gets their own district. Frisco is gaining a 5A district this year because of that. Above 10 splits the school district into two districts. Fort Worth has been using this rule.

Houston opted up their smaller 4A schools creating 8 teams in 4A D1, forcing UIL to place them in one district. Navasota will be forced to travel or they can appeal and hope HISD would allow them to be placed in their district. The problem would be Navasota would have to play 8 out of 10 games against Houston schools and that will hurt come playoffs. Traveling might not be great but the district that Stepp has placed them in seems to give them good competition to prepare for the playoffs.