Kountze 79 East Chambers 66/Final

I knew they had this in them but nobody has seen it for 4 Qtrs. They'd show blinks of great ball in the marathon and like one of their coaches said, "for a quarter we play Ktz basketball, then for a few minutes we start playing Deweyville basketball" and I figured McMahon back they'd be pretty salty. I gave the nod to EC earlier, because I figured they'd be ready to go at home and live up to the challenge. I wasn't impressed the other day in the Holiday classic but I know they will contend this year and quite possibly go a couple rounds deep. This Ktz team ironically has the ability to win it all this year, but they also have the ability to be one a done. In my opinion, they'll get better and better as the year goes on. Look for them to go deep, as long as everybody stays healthy. AAW seen 7 games and I've seen 8 but 4 of them that I seen, AAW was not there. He must have seen them somewhere else and coincidentally they played the same, when he seen them as when I seen them. Nevertheless, they are certainly headed in the right direction.

Final stats

Score by quarters

1           2            3            4            tot

Kountze                 20         16          29           14           79

East Chambers     17         14          16            19          66

FT %

Kountze            4/7         57%

EC                    8/19       42%

3 Point %

Kountze           7/24         29%

EC                   4/20         20%

Rebounds

Kountze                36

EC                        40

Turnovers

Kountze                17

EC                        27

Fouls

Kountze                 18

EC                           9

Individual scoring

Kountze

TJ Stanford                     17 (5/10 three's)

Grayland Arnold              16 (10 assists, 9 reb.)

Dallion Edwards              14

Dre McMahon                  13

Michael Cole                    12 (11 rebounds)

Dante Carey                      5

Henry Barnes                    2

East Chambers

Dylan Silcox                      16 (13 reb., 4/10 FT)

Ethan Kahla                       13

Darius Guillory                 12 (11 in 2nd half)

Cordell David                    10

Antwaun Anderson             9

Andre Anderson                 6

2 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

The difference in the game doesn't even show up in the stats posted. It was the missed layups for EC, if EC makes half of the layups they missed this is a different ball game. Not taking anything away from Kountze they played outstanding!

Did Kountze not get to the free throw line? I know as a team, their FT % outside of TJ is not very good, so I'd be curious to know how both shot from the free throw line.

Just now, MossHill2 said:

Did Kountze not get to the free throw line? I know as a team, their FT % outside of TJ is not very good, so I'd be curious to know how both shot from the free throw line.

Kountze didn't attack the basket to draw fouls, they didn't need to with the way they shot the mid-range and 3 ball. EC's was in the bonus both halves, bc of Kountze aggressive defense. And EC attacked the basket more, but couldn't finish at the rim! Silcox and the freshman Davis seemed to be the only two that could.

1 hour ago, About a week ago said:

Kountze didn't attack the basket to draw fouls, they didn't need to with the way they shot the mid-range and 3 ball. EC's was in the bonus both halves, bc of Kountze aggressive defense. And EC attacked the basket more, but couldn't finish at the rim! Silcox and the freshman Davis seemed to be the only two that could.

That makes sense.