LUFKIN TOURNAMENT/POST UPDATES HERE!

WOSgrad

I was wondering the same thing. lol. I don't think they have anything like they have had in the last few years. lol

Those days of Yates playing in prestige national ranked tournaments is over, we are an average team trying to stay competitive in the Houston Area.  Yates will never have a team similar to the team that finished #1 in the nation a few years ago therefore Yates is not expected to play at that high level of competition.

I would like to see more of the ranked teams in 5A schedule more National Ranked Teams in the future.  There are over a dozen tournaments that showcase national ranked teams like "Oak Hill Academy, Findlay Prep, DeMatha, LaLumiere and Montverde Academy".  If you say your team is the best in Texas why not play a more competitive schedule!!!

Those days of Yates playing in prestige national ranked tournaments is over, we are an average team trying to stay competitive in the Houston Area.  Yates will never have a team similar to the team that finished #1 in the nation a few years ago therefore Yates is not expected to play at that high level of competition.

I would like to see more of the ranked teams in 5A schedule more National Ranked Teams in the future.  There are over a dozen tournaments that showcase national ranked teams like "Oak Hill Academy, Findlay Prep, DeMatha, LaLumiere and Montverde Academy".  If you say your team is the best in Texas why not play a more competitive schedule!!!

I noticed that they do not have the size, that they have had in the past few yrs, although they still play that tough pressure defense.

Henderson had no answer for them. Score could have been much worse, but Coach Wise called the dogs off going into the 4th quarter.

I think its good for some of these East Texas schools to get a chance to play a team like Jack Yates, In fact they are the talk of the tournament up here. Should be a good crowd tonight when they play Lufkin.

But this year's teams are a little weak.  Maybe they invited some stronger teams that later declined.

They used to play this tournament the week between Xmas and New Years. Moving it to this time increased competition with other tournaments equalling a smaller and less competitive field. We used to play in it when Brian English was the coach at the V.