SILSBEE GIRLS TOURNAMENT/POST UPDATES HERE!

Hagar

Respectfully, does it matter?  No disrespect for the other teams, but it baffles me that Lumberton is in this tournament.  Perhaps there is a method to the madness?

When I saw the teams it was easy to pick Ltown.  The Pool 1 & 2 winners play at 3.  That'll pit the Lady Raiders against the Lady Rebels.  Not sure but possibly the only 2 state ranked teams in the tournament.  Seen these Raiders play - very impressive.  Be there pulling for Lady Rebs though. 

PS.  First time I've been able to get on Forum today.  At 10:30 game Evadale def 5A Santa Fe 57-29. 

Rebgp..your lady rebs are no slouch their self...excellent ball team...they gave my lady raiders all they wanted and more..good luck to ya'll the rest of the year !!

Thanks Tex. Had big expectations at start of year, but after Vball p-offs, started our season w/2 days practice. Had 3 losses and lost 2 starters to injuries before we quit spiking the Ball.  The two injured will be back soon and hopefully we'll have a deep run.  Great experience for us playing Ltown, a quality program.  

When I saw the teams it was easy to pick Ltown.  The Pool 1 & 2 winners play at 3.  That'll pit the Lady Raiders against the Lady Rebels.  Not sure but possibly the only 2 state ranked teams in the tournament.  Seen these Raiders play - very impressive.  Be there pulling for Lady Rebs though. 

PS.  First time I've been able to get on Forum today.  At 10:30 game Evadale def 5A Santa Fe 57-29. 

Yes, I assumed it easy to pick Lumberton.  REBgp, it's been a while since I've watched 4A or below girls' high school basketball, but I have watched and been around enough 5A and 6A to formulate a firm opinion that the individual and/or team play of the top 6A teams are "typically" more competitive than the individual and/or team play of the top 5A or below teams.  Surely, I see the positives or incentives for 2A state ranked Evadale, e.g., "At 10:30 game Evadale def 5A Santa Fe 57-29;" however, I am hesitant to see the same positives or incentives for the top 5A/6A state ranked teams.  May both teams continue to do well and improve for the play-offs.     

Yes, I assumed it easy to pick Lumberton.  REBgp, it's been a while since I've watched 4A or below girls' high school basketball, but I have watched and been around enough 5A and 6A to formulate a firm opinion that the individual and/or team play of the top 6A teams are "typically" more competitive than the individual and/or team play of the top 5A or below teams.  Surely, I see the positives or incentives for 2A state ranked Evadale, e.g., "At 10:30 game Evadale def 5A Santa Fe 57-29;" however, I am hesitant to see the same positives or incentives for the top 5A/6A state ranked teams.  May both teams continue to do well and improve for the play-offs.     

interesting comments.  First, I'm no Bball expert (except my G'kids are great lol) but earlier this year someone posted about how good the Class A teams are.  I thot it was interesting & wish I cud remember where.  You'd probably enjoyed it.  Lot of info I wasn't aware of.  

interesting comments.  First, I'm no Bball expert (except my G'kids are great lol) but earlier this year someone posted about how good the Class A teams are.  I thot it was interesting & wish I cud remember where.  You'd probably enjoyed it.  Lot of info I wasn't aware of.  

Lol....yes, g'kids and kids are great!  I would love to "watch" a David & Goliath battle...a top Class A/2A...versus a top Class 5/6A; however, it's a different situation if I am in the shoes of that top 5/6A team and I am beaten. :-)   I have no doubt there are very good, well coached Class A teams that I would definitely enjoy watching.  I enjoy watching "good basketball" irregardless of the class or ranking.  There are exceptions to the rule, but the speed of the game, for one, changes.  I applaud those players/teams/coaches who are able to make the adjustments.