Louisiana upset

Mr. Buddy Garrity

@AP: BREAKING: Democrat John Bel Edwards wins Louisiana governor's race, surprise upset in conservative state

@AP: BREAKING:  Vidor defeated Allen in the Tx HS football playoffs. Both equally hard to understand or believe.  

Lol, what's happened to my world?  Down is up.  Right is left.  Cold is hot. Ads now say, Use No Go for instant energy.  I'm really trying to learn to laugh at this stuff.  I really am. 

After I climbed down from barstool mountain and checked out John Edwards and his less than sterling Rep opponent, I have a better understanding of the results.  Without delving into it deeper, Edwards appears to be the better candidate.

It does bring up an interesting question that I can't figure out.  I'll admit that California, on the surface, has better Education than La.  Yet the Rep electorate of La, when faced with a Dem candidate superior to the Rep, voted Dem.  I can't imagine a senario in Cal now where they would ever elect a Rep.  

In our country today, does "better educated" also equal "brainwashed", due to the ideology of many educators?   Or perhaps it's the human brain.  Does nature give (on avg) most of us common sense to survive, and as we become more educated (on avg) it replaces that common sense?

As usual, I don't have the answers.  I do know that an electorate that doesn't vote for what he or she truly thinks is in the best interests of the country, is a knife in the heart of democracy.