Is Sumlin gone after this year?

king

He will fire Spav and get some more time.  I'm just disappointed that he hasn't done anything with the play calling sooner.  At least he could call the offense himself.  

Sumlin is a defense guy. He has always had a very good OC, particularity Kingsbury. He has not fared so well since he left his side.

Sumlin is a smooth talking recruiter who fits in with the young crowd. His ability to actually coach is questionable.

Sumlin is a defense guy. He has always had a very good OC, particularity Kingsbury. He has not fared so well since he left his side.

Sumlin is a smooth talking recruiter who fits in with the young crowd. His ability to actually coach is questionable.

He played linebacker, but he's always coached offense.  He was the OC at A&M in 2002 and co-OC at OU in 2006-2007.  He called plays in the Chick fila Bowl 2 years ago.  

Or do you give him another year?

They should smoke w.carolina

Have 2 big games at Vandy (trap game)

And at LSU, who A&M never beat in the SEC

A&M has been recruiting well these past couple of years. They have alot of talent

They will  lose to Vandy and get steam rolled by LSU.

Aggie is about to lose their minds on the aggie message board.

Very comical reading, they claim that UT program is a dumpster fire, but yet at this point in time the Aggie program is no better than UT.

They want Sumlin fired, Spav fired..hell they want Cristianson fired as well.

Aggies claim Chavis is the 2nd coming, but I guess they dont see that teams are killing them on the ground.

Fournette will run for 250 on that defense.

They have major problems at QB. Allen is injured. Murray is not sec sec sec ready. He is to small (scared to take a hit) already injured.

Sumlin will get one more yr, but next year after they spit the bit once again..he will be gone

th?id=OIP.M466f85cc73e0136b292353a86f707

Edited by Pepper Brooks

They will  lose to Vandy and get steam rolled by LSU.

Aggie is about to lose their minds on the aggie message board.

Very comical reading, they claim that UT program is a dumpster fire, but yet at this point in time the Aggie program is no better than UT.

They want Sumlin fired, Spav fired..hell they want Cristianson fired as well.

Aggies claim Chavis is the 2nd coming, but I guess they dont see that teams are killing them on the ground.

Fournette will run for 250 on that defense.

They have major problems at QB. Allen is injured. Murray is not sec sec sec ready. He is to small (scared to take a hit) already injured.

Sumlin will get one more yr, but next year after they spit the bit once again..he will be gone

th?id=OIP.M466f85cc73e0136b292353a86f707

I wonder what coach s's buy out is?

where is Mack when you need him?

I wonder what coach s's buy out is?

where is Mack when you need him?

Details of Sumlin's new $5 million-per-year contract with the Aggies,

This is the hidden content, please
, include a $5 million buyout for any coaching destination -- NFL or otherwise -- should Sumlin leave TAMU before the end of the 2016 season

Details of Sumlin's new $5 million-per-year contract with the Aggies,

, include a $5 million buyout for any coaching destination -- NFL or otherwise -- should Sumlin leave TAMU before the end of the 2016 season

That is what another school will pay A&M if he leaves.  His contract is $30 mil guaranteed so A&M would would owe him $20 mil if they fire him after this season.  He isn't going anywhere.  

That is what another school will pay A&M if he leaves.  His contract is $30 mil guaranteed so A&M would would owe him $20 mil if they fire him after this season.  He isn't going anywhere.  

Oh ok.

Just a year away. (Again)

Offense is supposed to be a given for Texas A&M, right? It's why everyone laughed at LSU's expense when John Chavis told the Houston Chronicle that he was "excited to play with a great offense" when he first landed in College Station in January. Chavis won't publicly admit it right now because his defense has problems of its own that he needs to tend to, but he probably can't help but wonder if he was sold a bill of goods

In many ways, I see a lot of parallels with Sumlin and Mack. Obviously, they are both exceptional recruiters, although Mack was more of a mama recruiter and Sumlin strikes more a chord with the kids with all his swag.  The coordinators are the key. Mack was fortunate to have 2 of the best QBs in the history of a storied program back to back (Vince and Colt) and could have had another if he hadn't made the daddy dealing mistake with Simms (over Major). This is another apparent parallel with Murray.  Along with Mack's fortune with 2 QBs, he also found 2 really good DCs on the other side of the ball by raiding Auburn for successive coordinators with Czisik and Boom.   I still think Chavis was that kind of hire for Swaggy.  It remains to be seen whether Kyler is that kind of QB.  There is no doubt the talent is there though IMO. 

I hope they don't keep Sumlin for the money!

Have the ad give me a call, we can get a deal done. 

I guess Aggies spent all their money on the weight room and Pyle field. 

I can understand having to live on a budget. 

What is they say?

Money talks and _ _ walks!

The buyout is chump change to an NFL owner or any big time college program.

I for one don't see Sumlin as that hot of a commodity. Do I have blinders on?

There are a bunch of big jobs open this year, but most of them won't pay a $5 million buyout.  If Sumlin wants to leave, he will probably be on the hook for some of that. 

There's no reason for Sumlin to leave Aggieland. He has a great thing going. Using U of H as a stepping stone to the greener pasture of ATM was a good move. I'm not so sure the jobs that are now open, or others soon to be vacated, will be any better than what he has now. 

In the near future, the Aggies will be playing for a conference championship, and a contract extension, along with a big raise, will be forthcoming.