Daily Fantasy Sport

I did some research because I was considering joining one of these sites.  I found out that for the big money games fanduel limits a person to 500 entries and draftkings a 1000. For the games that have a first prize of $1M, professional daily fantasy players spend $5K or $10K to max out their entries (depending on the site), and use computer programs to create hundreds of teams based on computer algorithms that factor probabilities and upside.  By doing this they draft teams that have better chances to succeed and draft players likely to be owned on less teams, also increasing their chances of success.  Then Joe Public deposits a few bucks and drafts one team, and he's going against a few hundred pros with hundreds of teams each, as well as several hundred thousand other Joe Publics.  The top 100 pro gamblers on each site win someone like 93% of the money, and there are millions of people playing each week.  So if you're considering playing, make sure you understand you have like a .01% chance of winning any money at all, and even if you do it will probably only be a couple of bucks.  It's like sitting down at a no limit Holdem table against 8 of the best players in the world, and they each get 10 hands while you get one.

Edited by bullets13