Dayton 75 Lumberton 16 Final/Friday

KFDM COOP

I looked in the box scores and didn't see Jason Henry's name in there so this score could not have been his fault.I'll agree with Lazeek,he is is the best thing Lumberton basketball has going for it.He is a quality coach playing this year with a short deck,it happens.The players need to look inside the jerseys for the answers to these questions,not at the coach.Also to say white kids can't run the floor makes about as much sense as saying black guys can't coach.Thats INSANE ::) ::) ::)

There didn'y appear to be anybody's name in the box score for Lumberton, they almost didn't score any points, LOL! Go Broncos!

y does everybody insist on blaming the coach...now u can listen to me...i dont care if ur from beaumont lumberton or anywhere coach henry is a good coach...weve upset some very good teams...but yet weve also lost to some tems we shoulda beat...and we thought we were prepared comin in to dayton last night but our heads werent in the game...if u didnt already kno i play for lumberton and in the short time ive been coached by coach henry i respect him dearly for what hes done for the lumberton basketball program...i totally blame myself and my teammates...

Guest ltownbaseball9

lol who have yall beat thats good lol.......yall havent beat anyone thats good......i mean come on yall scored freaking 16 points thats a shame........and lost by 60 to them and you lose by 60 to ozen twice.....and theres no way in hell yall should lose that bad...... I don't think lumberton has ever lost that bad to ozen or dayton everrrrrrr......hey i think henry is a alright coach.....but when you try to run with a team that is great at at running and gunning and making the game fast.....its dumb.....make them play the game they don't like and thats slowing it down and being smart.........i don't care how bad you freaking shoot 16 points is horrible......the coach has to make a adjustment....... i mean what did yall have 8 points at half.....I mean hell I would have told the team to just shoot all three's the rest of the game and I bet you would atleast make 5 3's in 2 qtrs if you just shot all three pointers........so thats 15 points right there atleast you made a little adjustment.......but it didn't happen so you score 8 points against in 2 qtrs thats awesome coaching right there lol .....give me a break man its common sense you have adjust to whats going on during the game and yall didn't and that goes with coaching and the PLAYERS.....

If a team does not want you to slow the game down there is a chance they won't let you.  They can press you the entire game if they want and its gonna make you speed up the game.  The can also push the ball every offensive chance they get to keep the speed of the game up.  It is a lot easier to keep the tempo of the game up than it is to slow it down.  As for Coach Henry, he is a great coach and Lumberton was very lucky to get him.  The success of his program will show in a few short years.  You have to keep in mind that he is working with players that were coached for the past 3 years by a different coach.  Give him time to teach them what he thinks will make them winners.  I know Lumberton beat WOS this year and I think they beat East Chambers (am I right?).  I know both schools are small but they are very very good teams.  Both could knock off a lot of 4A teams.  16 points is pretty bad but don't judge a coach or his players by what happened in one game.

Guest ltownbaseball9

first of all i am judging them about not just this game but alot of games...........all you have to do is break the press and then the other team will stop pressing..........stop making excuses for lumberton thats why they will never win because they got a excuse for everything break the press and then you have a slow pace half court offense.......thats what lcm did with ozen and dayton and thats what nederland did......so it can happen......if you make adjustments.......they have been beat to many times this year by 30 points or more....I mean whos fault is it.......its both the players and coaches.......becasue you have to have a strategy for different teams and they come out with the same strategy against dayton and ozen everytime........Lumberton has 3 or 4 descent players............that can break a press I seen them play.......FACT is LUMBERTON COACH ISNT PREPARING THEM WELL ENOUGH...........IF LCM AND NEDERLAND can do it then LUMBERTON can........so stop making excuses for the raiders.......16 points on the varsity level if horrible and uncalled for.......

first of all i am judging them about not just this game but alot of games...........all you have to do is break the press and then the other team will stop pressing..........stop making excuses for lumberton thats why they will never win because they got a excuse for everything break the press and then you have a slow pace half court offense.......thats what lcm did with ozen and dayton and thats what nederland did......so it can happen......if you make adjustments.......they have been beat to many times this year by 30 points or more....I mean whos fault is it.......its both the players and coaches.......becasue you have to have a strategy for different teams and they come out with the same strategy against dayton and ozen everytime........Lumberton has 3 or 4 descent players............that can break a press I seen them play.......FACT is LUMBERTON COACH ISNT PREPARING THEM WELL ENOUGH...........IF LCM AND NEDERLAND can do it then LUMBERTON can........so stop making excuses for the raiders.......16 points on the varsity level if horrible and uncalled for.......

You write this and you complain about a Coach and players? Instead of cranking on them why don't you head to the English Lab? I am sure the kids and Coach is doing the best they can.

LUMBERTONBASEBALL9..... I usually try to support all the sports in Lumberton and I know that was horrible LOSING TO DAYTON THAT BAD but one thing I also heard was the Lumberton baseball team lost to jasper 27-6 in a scrimage this past saturday I guess they don't have a pitching staff. Even with that lose they Lumberton basketball team will finish higher in district then the football team did this year. and who has Lumberton beat this year they were the first team to knock off #3 WOS and they also beat EAST CHAMBERS this year just to let you know  ;)

Maybe the Raiders should have sent their girls team to the game, it would have been a better game judging by the score.  I have seen Lumberton through the years off and on and for a varsity team to score 16 points is pretty pitiful, no matter who they are playing.  What is the opposing team supposed to do, lay down on the court.  Come on Raiders, I know you are better than that.  The coach is a good guy, he will get them back to being competitive.

and to say that east chambers wasn't a 100% cuz of football that's crap because they night before EC played hj to like 3 points in the hj tournament a team lumberton lost to by 30 plus points earlier that day. Then the next day Lumberton beat EC. They only teams lumberton lost to this year by like 30 plus points was dayton once,ozen twice, and hj once. They have been in every other game. EC is 3a but they beat kountze once and kountze beat central a team that will make the playoffs in 4a

Guest ltownbaseball9

Point is they scored 16 points at the varsity level......If they didn't play hard then hey it goes both ways the coaches and players fault...you still got to get them prepared each and every game.....and they lost by 60 points to dayton, and to ozen by 50 plus and to HJ by like 45 so don't give me that.....for a team to score 16 points for crying out loud is a shame.....I hope lumberton can pick it up but they need to realize you can't run it up and down the court with the teams that have speed you go to make adjustments......if vidor,nederland,lcm can make adjustments for those teams and play them competitive then why can't lumberton.....thats what I am trying to say you got to prepare for each game not just for LCM,Nederland,vidor, and png........

Guest ECBucFan

and to say that east chambers wasn't a 100% cuz of football that's crap because they night before EC played hj to like 3 points in the hj tournament a team lumberton lost to by 30 plus points earlier that day. Then the next day Lumberton beat EC. They only teams lumberton lost to this year by like 30 plus points was dayton once,ozen twice, and hj once. They have been in every other game. EC is 3a but they beat kountze once and kountze beat central a team that will make the playoffs in 4a

EC is 2A, and a small 2A at that. EC is 5th largest of 7 2A teams. Lumberton has over 4X EC's enrollment, and growing daily. EC also beat Central.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder