HD at West Sabine

Uncle Si

Were they not very young last year and the year before? How many times do we get to hear "they are very young" ?

Are the same kids failing to advance grade placement? Or, is this a we are getting smashed, let's blame it on the youth of our program.

HD will continue to fail, while area schools around them are on the rise. I said back in 2009 that HD would close it's school by 2020. Maybe, I am wrong but I think it would be the best thing for the kids. They can chose to go to Liberty or Hardin/West Hardin.

Were they not very young last year and the year before? How many times do we get to hear "they are very young" ?

Are the same kids failing to advance grade placement? Or, is this a we are getting smashed, let's blame it on the youth of our program.

HD will continue to fail, while area schools around them are on the rise. I said back in 2009 that HD would close it's school by 2020. Maybe, I am wrong but I think it would be the best thing for the kids. They can chose to go to Liberty or Hardin/West Hardin.

I believe that every school this size should do the same thing.  In this case tho...I think HD kids would probably go to Hardin or Liberty..since WH is in a different county.  WH kids should probably merge with HJ or Kountze.

HD boys have a lot of heart and will fight to the end. With that being said..Dreading the long ride home... especially after a loss.

I'm sure that your players that come on here and read this really appreciate your support.  Just a quick question...what would your reaction be if the Head coach said "our boys have a lot of heart and will fight to the end.  But.. I'm dreading the long ride home...especially after a loss."

lol.

Just stating the facts, but since HD ISD closed the Junior High in Raywood, there has been a steady decline in numbers from the Raywood area of kids attending HD. Seems most have already started attending Liberty. HD also used to get about have the kids coming out of Devers after Junior high. Since Devers has no High school those kids had a choice. That trend has changed as well. That leave the kids from Hull and Daisetta. These towns are full of people past the age of having children, but still young enough to live for quite some time. I agree with you that at some point there will be a change at HD. It may even be they do as Devers and only have grades K-6 or K-8. But HD has been young the last couple years. Very few Seniors last year, and only one this year.

Oh, one more thing. What would be the big draw to go to Liberty or Hardin. Its not like either of those programs have had or is having anymore success to jump up and brag about than HD.

I'm sure that your players that come on here and read this really appreciate your support.  Just a quick question...what would your reaction be if the Head coach said "our boys have a lot of heart and will fight to the end.  But.. I'm dreading the long ride home...especially after a loss."

lol.

First, I never said they were my Boys. I can't go to the game to support my Grand Daughter in the band and just have an opinion on what i see each week.  Secondly, this is a HD vs WS thread so i could said going to enjoy the game but think WS comes away with the win. Would that have made it ok. If you want to know my Opinion on the Coach start HD Coaches thread and I'll post my opinion.

Let me attempt to answer one of the dumbest post ever posted... First off egg head, usually your post is HD has only won 2 undefeated District Championships in 3 years because of yalls schedule being weak, oh but know we are always young and get smashed every season... What a turd! lol! So, yes HD the last 2 seasons has played Freshman and Sophomores almost exclusively on both sides of the ball. HD is young again this year, only one Senior and a few Juniors. Now the retarded comment about our kids should go to Hardin, Liberty or WH... Who gives you our King, the right to suggest anything? To go to HD is a privilege lil buddy, folks who actually went to HD, Hardin, Liberty and WH, would definitely know this... SMH... HD has accepted kids from those rival schools you mentioned for years. Yes, the storied HD football program is down, oh well it happens. Our pride and tradition will not waiver. My son is all the time being told to think about moving to a bigger school for future publicity, he says heck no dad, I love my school and would never leave. After carefully researching our younger grades numbers and the historical data at HD, we will be ok, HD has a good crop of young'ens coming up. It happens, haters gonna hate. HD Nation! Sorry you had to go to Hardin Mosshillfan, lol, we at HD grew up spanking Hardin 50-0! lol HD has almost always been smaller than Hardin, and our record is like 42-9 vs Hardin all time. lol

Let me attempt to answer one of the dumbest post ever posted... First off egg head, usually your post is HD has only won 2 undefeated District Championships in 3 years because of yalls schedule being weak, oh but know we are always young and get smashed every season... What a turd! lol! So, yes HD the last 2 seasons has played Freshman and Sophomores almost exclusively on both sides of the ball. HD is young again this year, only one Senior and a few Juniors. Now the retarded comment about our kids should go to Hardin, Liberty or WH... Who gives you our King, the right to suggest anything? To go to HD is a privilege lil buddy, folks who actually went to HD, Hardin, Liberty and WH, would definitely know this... SMH... HD has accepted kids from those rival schools you mentioned for years. Yes, the storied HD football program is down, oh well it happens. Our pride and tradition will not waiver. My son is all the time being told to think about moving to a bigger school for future publicity, he says heck no dad, I love my school and would never leave. After carefully researching our younger grades numbers and the historical data at HD, we will be ok, HD has a good crop of young'ens coming up. It happens, haters gonna hate. HD Nation! Sorry you had to go to Hardin Mosshillfan, lol, we at HD grew up spanking Hardin 50-0! lol HD has almost always been smaller than Hardin, and our record is like 42-9 vs Hardin all time. lol

Literally...shaking my head.

This is where I feel I must interject. 55..you are a true fan, there is no question.  You love your bobcats to no end.  But I'm telling you..honestly..the glory days of HD are long gone.  We warned all of you guys years ago that these times were coming as soon as HD started using 6th graders in JH.  That's the beginning of the end.  Fortunately...if schools like High Island and Chester can stay afloat..then I don't see HD closing down anytime soon.  Even if I think they should.  So chances are you'll get to continue to go to HD football games for a while.  But please stop talking about what HD did so very long ago.  It's annoying...because those days will never be back again.  Not unless HD hits an oil reserve that they didn't know about for the past 40 years...which is very unlikely. 

And Gator25...the draw to Hardin or Liberty is probably the guarantee of getting to play on a jv team.  Which is where pretty much all of the HD kids need to be playing anyway.

And Gator25...the draw to Hardin or Liberty is probably the guarantee of getting to play on a jv team.  Which is where pretty much all of the HD kids need to be playing anyway.

I agree HD is suffering missing out at the JV level. My point was to Mosshill putting it out there like the others teams near by were playoff-studs. 2 or 3 respectable players from HD would not change the playoff records for any of the mentioned schools.

I agree HD is suffering missing out at the JV level. My point was to Mosshill putting it out there like the others teams near by were playoff-studs. 2 or 3 respectable players from HD would not change the playoff records for any of the mentioned schools.

Success is the not the only factor that draws kids.  It helps..but there are others.  Facilities, quality of education, peer involvement, quality of coaching staffs, quality of competition, school programs, and, and, and

I don't know..but I'd be willing to bet that there is probably a lot to offer at those area schools.  Other than consistent football success that is...because those other schools are definitely lacking as well.

Yes, Gator. I was making an academic statement as well as athletics. Kids have much better opportunity to get playing time, grow, develop and receive a great education at both Liberty and Hardin. The proof is in the pudding. Nobody 40 and under came back to Daisetta. They all left and moved to Dayton, Liberty and Hardin. Their kids go to these schools and that's not going to change. People have been talking about a Daisetta/Hardin merger since the mid 90's. It may never happen, but one thing is certain. HD will NOT beat Hardin at anything, anymore EVER again. It's embarrassing for them to even play Hardin at the young level, just like it was embarrassing for Hardin to play HD many years ago. Times change. Things change. Hardin is growing like McGwire on steroids. May not be winning a whole lot now, but give it a year or two.