Hardin-Deweyville

highsky

I was really surprised to see this outcome. Dewyville has kinda of had their way with most teams this year. That why you play the game.

I'm not surprised.  Evadale played them at first of season and they put a whippin on us.  First set was 25-7.  Never saw Lady Rebs get beat like that.  Played Deweyville several times and score 17 to 23.  Most against Hardin, 15.  And Vollyball's right, they're a good TEAM.  No weak spot!

I have never seen either team play and just see the post about Deweyville and it appeared that they were playing really well. The couple highlights I have seen the Willis girl gets set whatever position she is at and hits that ball hard.

You're absolutely right.  Never seen someone getting set in the backcourt like her (keep in mind my VB experience is limited to watching Gd at Evadale since Jr Hi).  And never seen anyone consistently kill from back there but her.  And Deweyville plays very good, just as a Team, Hardin appears better.  Even though Evadale is a pretty good 2A, and has beat 4A, I don't think we can beat either Deweyville or Hardin (durn it). 

So....I have been reading these posts and I am going to give my respects to the Deweyville Community as they have made no excuses for losing to Hardin.

That being said....  nobody from Hardin seemed to mention the possible season ending injury to Kennedy Willis.  Young lady is a true athlete who continued to try and help her team even though it was obvious, supposedly, that she was badly injured.

Again, congrats for the win Hardin.  Do not be surprised if next year, Deweyville with Kennedy Willis beats Hardin soundly.

So....I have been reading these posts and I am going to give my respects to the Deweyville Community as they have made no excuses for losing to Hardin.

That being said....  nobody from Hardin seemed to mention the possible season ending injury to Kennedy Willis.  Young lady is a true athlete who continued to try and help her team even though it was obvious, supposedly, that she was badly injured.

Again, congrats for the win Hardin.  Do not be surprised if next year, Deweyville with Kennedy Willis beats Hardin soundly.

You will not see anyone from Hardin bragging about wining or giving excuses when they loose when it comes to the girls program. Hate the Willis girl was injured, she is a very good player. But I believe it was toward the end of the third game when she went down. 

Im saying all this because I don't believe any of the previous post was from anyone from Hardin. And before we start talking about how bad someone is going to beat Hardin next year, they (Hardin) only has two seniors on that team. 

I believe you said you have never seen Hardin play.  If you ask around you'll find out they're usually pretty good year after year. 

Willis did land awkwardly & appear to roll her ankle after a kill attempt late in game 3 but the officials called an injury timeout that enabled her to get taped up. She never came out of the game & even got a kill or two before the game ended. It didn't look like she missed a beat, if at all. 

Well then I stand corrected and the posts that followed mine cleared the air. I'm sure it didn't matter.  

Wasn't trying to come off as a pot stirrer, but it looks that way after re-reading. I did do some research, Hardin represents well every year.

Apologies for any offense. Wasn't implying any sour grapes or excessive celebrating by Hardin.  Nothing said at all in fact.

Reason for my post and also for my poor words.