Patterson may be done at UT

Mr. Buddy Garrity

Best Statement in that article was:

"Texas was so busy counting the money from its new television network and playing realignment bully that it completely neglected the reason it had earned its position of power in the first place. Texas was too big to fail, until it kept on failing."

While I continue to wonder at the lack of respect that many Texas ex's give Mack Brown - would have to agree that Oliver Luck - from what I know and remember - is a class person and may be what Texas needs at the moment.

Best Statement in that article was:

"Texas was so busy counting the money from its new television network and playing realignment bully that it completely neglected the reason it had earned its position of power in the first place. Texas was too big to fail, until it kept on failing."

While I continue to wonder at the lack of respect that many Texas ex's give Mack Brown - would have to agree that Oliver Luck - from what I know and remember - is a class person and may be what Texas needs at the moment.

and this did not all happen during Patterson's reign. 

Smh

The gurus are saying Luck. 

This is the hidden content, please

Oliver Luck is 2nd in command of the entire NCAA and is set to take over when CEO Mark Emmert supposedly steps down next year.  The NCAA is based in Indy where Luck lives and it just so happens that his son is the QB of the Colts.  

The Texas AD job would be a step down for Luck.  

I would much rather have Jurich than Luck.  Luck is a UT Law grad who really wanted the job and was all but promised it.  Then he gets the rug yanked from under him (supposedly over being reluctant to fire Mack).  So they hire another UT Law grad in Patterson.   Whether Luck still would want the job is doubtful.  But even still, my belief is the number one target is and should be Tom Jurich.