Junior Week 3 scores

Battlin' Bear

I'm guessing having them down 20-6 at one point and them coming back with 20 unanswered points had nothing to do with Orangefield playing a good game? Great game by both teams. Huge credit to Orangefield on not quitting after getting down early. Bears played a great game today but got beat by the better team today. 

Bears played horribly. Missed blocks by line, missed tackles by defense, and too manly turnovers. Our guys no doubt beat themselves. Had we played like we have the past two weeks, then we could know for sure. Orangefield may well have won anyway, but I can't say for sure. That was the poorest performance I've seen from this team. It was embarrassing.

We will know for sure later in the season. Definitely didn't have anything to do with our 1 practice for the week. No doubt, we deserved to lose. We went into a conference game unprepared. Congratulations Orangefield. You guys definitely played a good game.Don't want to take anything away from your game today. Just seriously frustrated with our play today.

How did the Nederland teams do?  I've not seen or heard any info on their scores.

Ned B won 20-19 Ned W lost 25-19 , I hear Lum W kicked all onside kicks the whole game, even while up 28 or more, Hmm I think that is what the league calls breaking the spirit of the rule "Bad Sportsmanship", which is punishable by a 2 game suspension and forfeit , and we all know that won't happen because who the HC is for Lum W, also I hear the game is under protest.

I was there and never thought about that. Lum W was up by 28 when they score their last TD, and I'm pretty sure they kicked it long on that kickoff because they had one of their first year kids kick it who only kicks it  long.  Been around that team and group of coaches awhile and that's the last group that would try to run up a score on anyone. Look at their scores for the first three weeks and that should tell you something about their mindset. Hope the other team cools off and realizes this.  That's just my thoughts.

Wow what a difference one year makes. Lumberton goes from victim of Nederland and Bmt to villain of "Spirit of the Rule".  We have "inflategate" I hear.  Balls over inflated used only on kickoff so as to bounce out of control, and onside kicks when score is lopsided.  I personally don't like the way the rule is imposed so it doesn't matter to me.  Just find it funny that the team that caused coaches to get suspended last year could face the music this year for the same thing.  I am not sure if it is even the same coach as last year but I do know it is the same team.  Would be curious to hear if it is. 

Wow this has gotten bad quick. Everybody pile on the guy on top just like last year because some how he's causing your team not to win the games you think you should win.  I'm with Mistro watch the tape and if some violation occurred address it and move on.  When it gets to this point it's not about the kids anymore it's about adults/coaches being kids. When this guy steps down you'll see how much he's done for this league and there's nothing dirty about his teams.

I don't see any Lumberton coaches/parents on here complaining about their kids getting punched through facemask or called the "N' word or having "f" bombs dropped on them by other teams 9 and 10 year olds kids.  Police yourself before you go putting down whole teams which include kids and good parents because of a couple incidents or something you heard.   

Done with this thread, I'm out of here.

Edited by Spartan

A little suspect when you have the good ole boys club in Lumberton. Not a coincidence that they benefitted from the Nederland boys getting a forfeit last year. Instead of an all Nederland superbowl which it should have been. (They were the best 2 teams). It was Lumberton getting smashed by Nederland white(which received the forfeit and played their superbowl a week earlier against Nederland Black.) in the "Superbowl". They seem to be above the rules. Needless to say we've already beaten both Lumberton teams badly this year. Hate us cause you aint us. Go dogs!!!

A little suspect when you have the good ole boys club in Lumberton. Not a coincidence that they benefitted from the Nederland boys getting a forfeit last year. Instead of an all Nederland superbowl which it should have been. (They were the best 2 teams). It was Lumberton getting smashed by Nederland white(which received the forfeit and played their superbowl a week earlier against Nederland Black.) in the "Superbowl". They seem to be above the rules. Needless to say we've already beaten both Lumberton teams badly this year. Hate us cause you aint us. Go dogs!!!

A couple of things here. First, what caused the forfeit in the superbowl. I wasn't aware of this? Secondly, why is there a rule about running up the score? When will we let these kids grow up? I would not fAult a team for giving their best every single down. What angers me is when we beat ourselves by not executing properly or getting overly confident. Will a kid truly be crushed if they lose by 50 points or so? If that's the case, maybe sports isn't for that kid, or they should play better. What am I missing here?

Nederland Jr white had to forfeit a game against Beaumont earlier in the season because they won by too much which made them play Nederland Black a week earlier than the superbowl. Instead of the 2 undefeated Nederland teams playing in the Superbowl the Nederland white team took out Nederland Black. Instead Lumberton played Nederland white in the Superbowl.......Lumberton got crushed anyway but shouldnt have been in the Superbowl at all.

Edited by BulldogDynasty

hey DYNASTY so your statement that NED WHITE crushed LUM WHITE in the superbowl last year proves that your comments aren't worthy of reading....the final score was 22-7....I'm not sure how familiar you are with the game of football...but that score is not indicative of a blowout...or getting "crushed"...people that get on message boards and whine about youth sports that are run by dads and volunteers that donate their time are simply worthless...

Nederland Jr white had to forfeit a game against Beaumont earlier in the season because they won by too much which made them play Nederland Black a week earlier than the superbowl. Instead of the 2 undefeated Nederland teams playing in the Superbowl the Nederland white team took out Nederland Black. Instead Lumberton played Nederland white in the Superbowl.......Lumberton got crushed anyway but shouldnt have been in the Superbowl at all.

So therein lies the issue. Why are we punishing kids for playing their best. If a coach continues to "pour on the heat" when they are obviously going to win, I could possibly support some action against the coach. Even then, why do we care? When I was a kid, there was no penalty for scoring too many points. Then again, I don't think I ever received a participation trophy either.

Bear, I asked those questions last year to no avail.  It doesn't matter if your 4th string running backs are scoring straight up the middle.  The rule is jacked up, and if you score too many points than you are doomed.  You will not get a chance to defend yourself in front of the board unless they determine you are worthy.  I know the coaches from nederland last year and they were all stand up guys.  All of these arguments have been made.  I partially agree with you.  I don't believe in stomping a team while they are down but when it is done woth 3rd and 4th stringers tough luck.  Sadly to say, that is not the way it works here.  "Inflategate", that was pretty funny whomever said that earlier.

And if I'm not mistaken they also had something to do with getting the Bmt SR first time head coach suspended for 2 yrs on breaking not even a rule but "the spirit of a rule."  Sounds like lumberton will get and should get a little taste of their on medicine.  

I hear Lum W HC gets the option of 1 week suspension or take a loss , oh I wonder what he's gonna take,  I guess it helps when your head of the "Ethics Committee" !!!  

Dont get your feelings hurt "Waste". You must be from Lumberton. Call it what you want. They didnt belong. The two BEST teams last year should have played in the Superbowl. -Nederland-  Also I am one of the dads that volunteer my time for both of my sons teams for the past 7 years. I wasnt whinning about anything just simply adding a situation that goes with the pattern of questionable decisions made by the discipline committee. Ended up good for us we over came it and won the Superbowl. Kids shouldnt have been disciplined for something that was out of their hands. 

Edited by BulldogDynasty