Junior Week 3 scores

Battlin' Bear

From what I understand the Ethics committee has to take into consideration what the other penalties for breaking the "spirit of a rule" where given.  Nederland W coach was suspended for 2 games and a forfeit.  The Bmt coaches 2 years ago got 2 games and a forfeit.  Last year a new head coach on a first time offense got 2yrs and a forfeit.  Let's see what lumberton gets because from what I understand board members are suppose to be held to a higher level.

Edited by Hawk05

I was there and never thought about that. Lum W was up by 28 when they score their last TD, and I'm pretty sure they kicked it long on that kickoff because they had one of their first year kids kick it who only kicks it  long.  Been around that team and group of coaches awhile and that's the last group that would try to run up a score on anyone. Look at their scores for the first three weeks and that should tell you something about their mindset. Hope the other team cools off and realizes this.  That's just my thoughts.

Obviously you are either a fan, parent or hmmm, maybe even a coach of Lumberton. Here are the facts Jack. The score was 28-0 and the Mercy Rule was already in affect. Lumberton threw in their kicking ball late and switched balls like they did the entire game. Then they faked onside left then the kicker switched sides and onside kicked to the right. This was the 5th onside kick of the game. There is no defending this action and the shitstorm has started from what I hear. This is not going away anytime soon.

Wow this has gotten bad quick. Everybody pile on the guy on top just like last year because some how he's causing your team not to win the games you think you should win.  I'm with Mistro watch the tape and if some violation occurred address it and move on.  When it gets to this point it's not about the kids anymore it's about adults/coaches being kids. When this guy steps down you'll see how much he's done for this league and there's nothing dirty about his teams.

I don't see any Lumberton coaches/parents on here complaining about their kids getting punched through facemask or called the "N' word or having "f" bombs dropped on them by other teams 9 and 10 year olds kids.  Police yourself before you go putting down whole teams which include kids and good parents because of a couple incidents or something you heard.   

Done with this thread, I'm out of here.

Go hide!

From what I understand the Ethics committee has to take into consideration what the other penalties for breaking the "spirit of a rule" where given.  Nederland W coach was suspended for 2 games and a forfeit.  The Bmt coaches 2 years ago got 2 games and a forfeit.  Last year a new head coach on a first time offense got 2yrs and a forfeit.  Let's see what lumberton gets because from what I understand board members are suppose to be held to a higher level.

I assure you if this is not handled the right way that this can get intense. I don't think the Bmt guy is backing down anytime soon if this flies under the radar.

well I hate all this for this coach.  I hate the way they apply the rules.  I hope they at least give him a chance to plead his case to the board.  I heard that nederland only got to submit letters explaining their side of their situation.  I hope he at least gets a chance to go before the board and explain this.  I am sure he was not trying to really run the score up.  Maybe he didn't know how to kick it deep.  I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.  May just be sour grapes.

And if I'm not mistaken they also had something to do with getting the Bmt SR first time head coach suspended for 2 yrs on breaking not even a rule but "the spirit of a rule."  Sounds like lumberton will get and should get a little taste of their on medicine.  

Ok guys its almost getting to be that time again.  For those of us here what are you expecting from your schools.  I have 2 playing now. 1 8th grader and 1 7th grade.  I think our 8th grade team has a chance to be decent. finish in the 2-3 spot. I dont think they will have it all together to put a run together.  I have no idea about the 7th grade. They have a few coming up but not sure what all they have yet.  

Chime in everyone.

First week of practice is over. Time to put the pads on and hit somebody.

well I hate all this for this coach.  I hate the way they apply the rules.  I hope they at least give him a chance to plead his case to the board.  I heard that nederland only got to submit letters explaining their side of their situation.  I hope he at least gets a chance to go before the board and explain this.  I am sure he was not trying to really run the score up.  Maybe he didn't know how to kick it deep.  I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.  May just be sour grapes.

No. I was there. I watched the kicker switch balls. Then I watched the kicker at the last second switch sides and onside to their left. How do you onside kick 5 times in a row and NOT want to run the score up? Who onside kicks when it is 21-0? Who onside kicks when it is 28-0 and the Mercy Rule is in affect. The kicker was told what to do and did it to perfection. However, the coach/President of the league is not allowed to "forget" to call off the onside kick. Forgetting is not a valid excuse. Rules are rules and Nederland and Beaumont and others were held to the fire and just because this guy is the President, shouldnt mean he gets off. You can not argue the facts. The facts are the facts. Plain and simple. This will get ugly before it gets pretty. I have great sources from both sides on this.

Edited by BullInAChinaCabinet

Prez gave me two years for a backup lineman returning a pick 6... His team was purposely throwing up jump balls to my defense late in the game so we can win by more then 40 so he can have his boys/puppets  (ethics committee) involved!!  He told them immediately after the game it was going to be Him or me.  He would step down if I wasn't handed the death penalty. For what? No meeting, no going over the video, straight kicked out. Lol-  He sent us an email stating that my son was to good for recreational football and shouldn't be playing in his league. The kids they called premier played up in seniors so we could avoid suspensions and that still wasn't good enough.  Give him the death penalty!!  He should be held to a higher standard.  I was also a 1st year coach that has never been suspended. So what makes him any different from me except that he's white with youth football power and I'm just a poor ole black man.  

Edited by Bugatti

Bugatti, I have missed seeing you guys play this year.  I totally understand.  If I were you, I wouldn't put my record on the line with those nederland boys this year.  That coach of the Senior team is probably the best around the area from what I hear.  They are claiming no one scores on them unless they let them.  What is the truth?  why did you leave?

Who Billy? We already smashed him 50-0 in a Super Bowl a few years ago. Plus no team moving up wouldn't be able to stay within 50pts  of us.  We have the same team, still in Beaumont.  Just say when and we'll take the show on the road. 

Ps. Best coach in Nederland was Chris Granger.  

Edited by Bugatti

I left because of the previous post I posted. Best decision I ever made. Those Houston area teams are loaded with talent and we're in a dog fight every weekend. The kids enjoy playing on turf, traveling, and being recognized.  A few of our kids will be selected to play in the Texas Top 25 game vs Pennsylvania Top 25 sponsored by Adidas in Pennsylvania.  

Edited by Bugatti

Man they are all coming out now.  where have u been shhhhh?   So coach whisperer, are you up for the challenge?  Bugatti and crew think they can beat you.  I know it is not true.  Especially with that defensive coach and defense you have.  You would hold them to only a few first downs.  i say we set up a "friendly" scrimmage.  He says he will give you home field advantage.  They may have speed on the turf but on grass you have them beat.  I want to see a good game this year and this may be the one.  I have coach whisperer minus a touchdown.

Man they are all coming out now.  where have u been shhhhh?   So coach whisperer, are you up for the challenge?  Bugatti and crew think they can beat you.  I know it is not true.  Especially with that defensive coach and defense you have.  You would hold them to only a few first downs.  i say we set up a "friendly" scrimmage.  He says he will give you home field advantage.  They may have speed on the turf but on grass you have them beat.  I want to see a good game this year and this may be the one.  I have coach whisperer minus a touchdown.

We will spot him 40pts with a running clock and the ball 1st.  We're talking about 1 of the most dominant teams and players to come thru this league.