This wont be good for NYPD

Mr. Buddy Garrity

@SBNation: Former tennis star James Blake tackled by NYPD officers in case of mistaken identity:

This is the hidden content, please

@jemelehill: Among the many things messed up about this #JamesBlake situation is feeling relieved he wasn't killed

It is probably not nearly as bad as portrayed however even if that is true, it won't get much traction for some people.

And before the inevitable claim that it will be the same from the other side with police defenders not looking at both sides, I have gotten a white officer fired immediately (like almost on the spot) for hitting a black prisoner without justified cause and filed criminal charges with the DA. I have no problem calling a bad officer or even a good officer making a mistake when I see and have acted on that personally. I like to see both sides of the story however before I make the conclusion and once the facts are in, it is what it is. 

In many cases that make national or area news, some people will "CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!". (thank you Jack Nicholson)

According to the news report listed (which can be completely wrong from either standpoint), he was misidentified by a witness. That means that someone likely pointed to him and said, "That's the guy!!". IF that is true, that already tends to show where the police were coming from in their use of force, even if it turns out to be justified. 

So.... let's wait and see what happened. 

It is probably not nearly as bad as portrayed however even if that is true, it won't get much traction for some people.

And before the inevitable claim that it will be the same from the other side with police defenders not looking at both sides, I have gotten a white officer fired immediately (like almost on the spot) for hitting a black prisoner without justified cause and filed criminal charges with the DA. I have no problem calling a bad officer or even a good officer making a mistake when I see and have acted on that personally. I like to see both sides of the story however before I make the conclusion and once the facts are in, it is what it is. 

In many cases that make national or area news, some people will "CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!". (thank you Jack Nicholson)

According to the news report listed (which can be completely wrong from either standpoint), he was misidentified by a witness. That means that someone likely pointed to him and said, "That's the guy!!". IF that is true, that already tends to show where the police were coming from in their use of force, even if it turns out to be justified. 

So.... let's wait and see what happened. 

Wait...do what???