Crosby 35 Nederland 18/Final

WOSgrad

My takes from the game:

1.  I thought Nederland was for sure going to onside kick in the 4th when they decided to kick it to the fastest guy on the field. (TD)

2.  Nederland is smaller than I ever remember, but they are real scrappy and tackled well as a team.  I though their D line was small last year, but they are way smaller this year.

3.  On 3rd and goal from about the 5, they ran to the right hash mark and the Nederland misses the field goal wide right. (Stattrax called it)

4.  Defense for Crosby played much better than I anticipated, those DB's get to the ball with some anger.

5.  I honestly thought the QB for Nederland was out for a second or two, glad he got up.  He sure can take a lick!

6.  Overall, some things to work on, going to get everyone's best shot so Crosby can't have an off night.  Once everyone is back and healthy, they will get a lot better.

7.  Nederland will compete for a playoff spot, they compete and showed some toughness.

My takes from the game:

1.  I thought Nederland was for sure going to onside kick in the 4th when they decided to kick it to the fastest guy on the field. (TD)

2.  Nederland is smaller than I ever remember, but they are real scrappy and tackled well as a team.  I though their D line was small last year, but they are way smaller this year.

3.  On 3rd and goal from about the 5, they ran to the right hash mark and the Nederland misses the field goal wide right. (Stattrax called it)

4.  Defense for Crosby played much better than I anticipated, those DB's get to the ball with some anger.

5.  I honestly thought the QB for Nederland was out for a second or two, glad he got up.  He sure can take a lick!

6.  Overall, some things to work on, going to get everyone's best shot so Crosby can't have an off night.  Once everyone is back and healthy, they will get a lot better.

7.  Nederland will compete for a playoff spot, they compete and showed some toughness.

how many yds Grace had? 

Crosby has some athletes on the field that is for sure. Great team speed. I was impressed more with Williams than Grace, not taking anything away from Grace but Williams really stood out to me.

Nederland - two words for them - Larry Neumann. The man and his staff can flat out coach a football game. 

My takes are about the same as CougarCal.. 

I do think Crosby has some good athletes.

Defense was salty

Good team speed on both sides

Plenty of room for improvement which is expected after 1 week of play.

Nederland kept it close, other than a few bonehead calls, Neauman had a good plan.

QB play was a average at best....

Krautz is a beast for them

Defense lacked size but played super tough...

As usual, Nederland will compete for the DC... 

Stat, I think time will show that the QB play last night was above average, considering the quality of the defense.  Crosby as you noted was very good defensively.  I think the QB play would've had a different flavor if we would've made a few key catches.  Krautz had a big night, but let a TD slip through his arms, that is a tough ball to catch, but LeBaron put it in the perfect spot and it just didn't happen.  Fisher had a big night and looked great, but dropped a third down pass that would've set Nederland up deep in Crosby territory.  I think LeBaron had a very good night despite the opponent and the rough start.

Bottom line is,, nederland played a great game against a very tuff big and physical team that they won't see again till after district..for all the ppl including myself that counted nederland out this year,, watch out the dogs just might have reloaded and go after another district championship...time will tell....

It's no biggie if Crosby loses a Brian Johnson to Baytown Lee or Xavier Frank to Dayton but I guess kids can't move to Crosby. Kids move, Sean Gilley comes to mind. Dayton has been a huge benefactor. King lost Brantley to Atascocita and then he moved back. 

Edited by Northern Lights

Unfortunately if the issue is final,Robert Oliver may have lost a  chance at a D1 scholarship.From what I saw he was an awesome OL.When Xavier Frank wandered off to Dayton in the summer of 2009 Crosby lost maybe their 2nd best ballplayer.Flanigan and Crosby never protested the move.They went on to win 10 straight only to loose in the 3rd round.As an ex C.E.King alumni I hate what has happened to these young men.Loosing your Sr.year has to be awful.Who ever is the noise maker shame on you.

Unfortunately if the issue is final,Robert Oliver may have lost a  chance at a D1 scholarship.From what I saw he was an awesome OL.When Xavier Frank wandered off to Dayton in the summer of 2009 Crosby lost maybe their 2nd best ballplayer.Flanigan and Crosby never protested the move.They went on to win 10 straight only to loose in the 3rd round.As an ex C.E.King alumni I hate what has happened to these young men.Loosing your Sr.year has to be awful.Who ever is the noise maker shame on you.

King's AD didn't see the paperwork until right before the season like he was trying to cause an issue. It'll probably be cleared up by next week though. You better believe Price is going to get a number put on him. 

King's AD didn't see the paperwork until right before the season like he was trying to cause an issue. It'll probably be cleared up by next week though. You better believe Price is going to get a number put on him. 

^ That's supposed to say "send" not "see". My edit function isn't working for some reason? 

Good game to start season off. Considering the numbers Nederland lost, thought they were very scrappy on Defense. Rb did a very good job of carrying the offense, kid is legit. QB. Well I don't know how he got up, surely there were a few cobwebs knocked loose. Think this will be a fun season.Nice meeting you Cougarcal  enjoyed the game, sure both teams will get better as season rolls along.

^ That's supposed to say "send" not "see". My edit function isn't working for some reason? 

Sounds like Price or the AD maybe sat on the papers causing these young men to miss the Nederland game and maybe more.I hope the matter is cleared up so these young men can return to the playing field.Thanks 14.2 for the info

Edited by Justafan72
additional thanks