Sam's Eatery

Mr. Buddy Garrity

I went yesterday. Between mother, wife and I we had chicken liver (yuck), fried shrimp, stuffed shrimp, fries, coleslaw, green beans and red beans and rice. 

My mother loved the livers. Things like coleslaw are so subjective by personal taste but my mother and I really liked their version. The red beans and rice tasted almost identical to Popeye's but the were whole and not blended. The stuffed shrimp were good but not great. Mostly it was a texture thing as the stuffing is fairly mushy. Good taste but kind of strange texture.  The shrimp I really liked and they were different than the typical Viet fried seafood places in that they were dipped in flour and not corn meal. Both ways are good but these tasted more like what I grew up with when we cooked them at home. 

The place is kind of a cross between Long John Silver, a Viet fast seafood place and Popeye's. I got three meals which all included two sides and a roll for about $28 driveout. 

I will be eating there again. I wouldn't drive from Nederland to Beaumont for just that but if in the area........

Edited by tvc184

I went yesterday. Between mother, wife and I we had chicken liver (yuck), fried shrimp, stuffed shrimp, fries, coleslaw, green beans and red beans and rice. 

My mother loved the livers. Things like coleslaw are so subjective by personal taste but my mother and I really liked their version. The red beans and rice tasted almost identical to Popeye's but the were whole and not blended. The stuffed shrimp were good but not great. Mostly it was a texture thing as the stuffing is fairly mushy. Good taste but mind of strange texture.  The shrimp I really liked and they were different than the typical Viet fried seafood places in that they were dipped in flour and not corn meal. But ways are good but these tasted more like what I grew up with when we cooked them at home. 

The place is kind of a cross between Long John Silver, a Viet fast seafood place and Popeye's. I got three meals which all included two sides and a roll for about $28 driveout. 

I will be eating their again. I wouldn't drive from Nederland to Beaumont for just that but if in the area........

try the philly cheesesteak next time ;)

i didnt even notice they had that, my mom is probably going to drag me there now, she likes that stuff, I cant stand it. 

My mother and now sister in law will be almost demanding it. I did not notice it either but my mother's radar locked on it about 15 seconds after we went in. She even said, "Order me some livers". My response was, "Where do you see that". 

I guess that shows my opinion of liver.