Microsoft Lays Off 7,800...

smitty

I will stay out of that one.  As I've told you before, I know enough about you that I don't believe you're a racist.  But as I've also said, there comes a point where as Shakespeare said, thou dost protest too much.  

I also firmly believe there are plenty on this site who would never have given this President a chance in part because of the color of his skin.  It is obvious in the vitriol they spew.  As far as this issue and others involving, at least on the periphery "reverse discrimination," I think it's a load of crap and a way for white people to divert any issues of discrimination and voice their displeasure over any special treatment of men and women of color.

In truth, I have not the foggiest clue what it's like to experience racism or truly to be discriminated against because of the color of my skin. And I doubt you or many other Caucasians on this board have either.  

​If I am understanding you correctly, your contention is that discrimination occurs from only one side and that an acceptable method to assuage discrimination is to discriminate in the opposite direction and then deny that it is taking place?  Addtionally, I concur with your statement that some would not give the President a chance because of his skin color.  Will you concur with mine that the identical circumstance leads to him getting a free pass from others?