Loudest Gym?

Guest Kelly Football

HJ has the loudest gym.. hands down.. It has to be miserable in there for the other teams.. Their fans are loud, and the good thing about them- they go support wherever.. I think that is great. One question- is We're spelled correctly on the shirts now? I know a few years ago everyone had the shirts that said "WERE WATCHING YOU.. LIKE A HAWK".. INSTEAD OF WE'RE..

Koutze fans along with EC are also loud. I think it's just small towns that don't have as much emphasis on football have the greater fan base for basketball. And those previously listed schools are that way.. Or so it seems.. Correct me if I'm wrong.

HJ has the loudest gym.. hands down.. It has to be miserable in there for the other teams.. Their fans are loud, and the good thing about them- they go support wherever.. I think that is great. One question- is We're spelled correctly on the shirts now? I know a few years ago everyone had the shirts that said "WERE WATCHING YOU.. LIKE A HAWK".. INSTEAD OF WE'RE..

Koutze fans along with EC are also loud. I think it's just small towns that don't have as much emphasis on football have the greater fan base for basketball. And those previously listed schools are that way.. Or so it seems.. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yep, WE'RE good now! ;)

Yeah, I'm sure HJ is loud. You guys consistantly put a great b-ball club together every year and have accumulated some serious Hawk Hecklers. Congrats on Dat!... However, a few miles to your west, down 105 last friday night there was a little gym in Saratoga that was beyond capacity as Big Sandy and West Hardin colided as the two heavyweights of the district in their final regular season matchup of the year. Only one way to describe the noise. Deafening. It was awesome. You could feel the energy. Oiler fans on one side, Big Sandy's on the other, with not even standing room available.                            ..Consistency may go to HJ.  ::) Let me emphasize the "may". But last friday night, the West Hardin gym would run any gym within a hundred miles, a close race.       Luv ya Blue!!

Yeah, I'm sure HJ is loud. You guys consistantly put a great b-ball club together every year and have accumulated some serious Hawk Hecklers. Congrats on Dat!... However, west, down 105 last friday night there was a little gym in Saratoga that was beyond capacity as Big Sandy and West Hardin colided as the two heavyweights of the district in their final regular season matchup of the year. Only one way to describe the noise. Deafening. It was awesome. You could feel the energy. Oiler fans on one side, Big Sandy's on the other, with not even standing room available.                            ..Consistency may go to HJ.  ::) Let me emphasize the "may". But last friday night, the West Hardin gym would run any gym within a hundred miles, a close race.       Luv ya Blue!!

yea im sure it was pretty loud.. but when silsbee came to hj specially since our gym is kinda small that place was rockin ive never been to a game that loud

Guest Coogrkc

The old Buna High School Gym is ridiculously loud with just a few people, cant imagine what it was like when those 11 state championship teams were playing in it.

I know what you mean about the HJ Silsbee tilt, that was crazy. One of the loudest atmospheres I've ever been part of. Other top games as far as energy in recent years, Orangefield vs WO-S in the old gym was great also Vidor when they still played in the Pit for big games, Kountze vs EC at both places. Then of course the best place was the Beehive, the fans were so close to the court the energy was unmatched.

You know, if someone wanted to get serious with this, they could research the matter a bit further. They sale a decibel meter at Wal-Mart for about $20 by the car audio equipment. Of course you would have to wait until next season, you could go to a few of the schools where people claim their gym is the loudest on the night of a big game, and get some proof. Of course, it would probably have to be a neutral fan cause exaggeration due to hometown pride would defeat the purpose.

in the PA news a couple weeks ago

Fun of the game is what some Little Cypress-Mauriceville students have when their team plays at home, the so-called Bear Cave.

“We’ve got a group of kids that get behind our bench and spearhead the crowd,†LC-M coach Darin Harley says. “They’ve nicknamed themselves the Bear Cave Crazies after the Cameron Crazies at Duke.

“It’s obvious somebody watches TV, because they do a lot of the same cheers they do at Duke. I thought last year it was thinning out, because all the kids leading it were seniors. But lo and behold, we have a new group of seniors leading it this year.â€

Some people say the Bear Cave is the toughest place to play in 22-4A, and now they point to LC-M’s recent three-point loss to No. 6-ranked Beaumont Ozen as proof.

But the LC-M kids take their act on the road, which makes the game fun for everyone.

At Nederland Tuesday, a very vocal dozen or so LC-M students hollered “Airball! Airball!†after a Bulldog miss.

The Bulldog student section, about 75 strong, answered with their own “Airball!†cheers after a Bear miss.

To that, the LC-M Crazies answered, “Scoreboard! Scoreboard!†noting that LC-M led at the time.

The Bulldog fans had to dig deep for a comeback, but they found one.

“Football! Football!†they shouted.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami