12-3A DI 3A - 2015

Yoe_09

Well, it's almost May, so that means 7 on 7 is about to get going and the season will be here before you know it.  

What are the thoughts on this district for 2015.  I personally feel it will be strong at the top with Kirbyville and East Chambers.  I had Kirbyville ranked #3 and East Chambers at #4 in my way-to-early rankings.  Buna lost a lot, so will 3-4 be more wide open? 

JV records in 2014?  

Look for Woodville to make a lot of noise this year.

2 outstanding groups coming (2015 juniors and freshmen)

Buna lost 90% of the varsity to graduation.

Kirbyville and East Chambers were Junior Based teams that did really good.

Kountze still has Arnold.

Gonna be interesting.

Gonna be interesting.

Woodville will be improved this year and should compete for a playoff spot. But that incoming freshman group wont start making a big impact until their sophomore year. Their junior and senior years, whatever district they're in better watch out.

Gonna be interesting.

Buna didn't lose 90%, but to say not having those 18 seniors on the team won't make a big impact would be kidding ourselves. Some of the underclassmen are going to have to step up.

Anahuac (2-5 in district; no playoffs)
# of seniors lost: 16 of 37 (Maxpreps) 
# of all-district players lost: 1 2nd team offense - 3 1st team defense - 4 2nd team defense 
# of all-district players returning: 3 2nd team defense

Buna (6-1 in district; L 55-28 to Buna in Area)
# of seniors lost: 21 (HUDL)
# of all-district players lost: 4 1st team offense - 5 2nd team offense - 4 1st team defense - 1 2nd team defense 
# of all-district players returning: Newcomer of the Year - 1 1st team offense - 3 1st team defense 

Hardin (1-6 in district; no playoffs)
# of seniors lost: 19 of 33 (Maxpreps)
# of all-district players lost: 2 1st team offense - 1 1st team defense
# of all-district players returning: 1 1st team defense - 1 2nd team defense

Kirbyville (6-1 in district; L 27-20 to Rockdale in regional semifinal)
# of seniors lost: 13 of 37 (Maxpreps)
# of all-district players lost: Defensive MVP - 2 1st team offense - 1 2nd team offense - 3 1st team defense - 1 2nd team defense
# of all-district players returning: Newcomer of the Year - 8 1st team offense - 2 2nd team offense - 4 1st team defense - 3 2nd team defense

Kountze (4-3 in district; L 76-42 to Teague in bi-district)
# of seniors lost: 12 of 35 (Maxpreps) 
# of all-district players lost: 2 1st team offense - 1 2nd team offense - 2 1st team defense - 2 2nd team defense 
# of all-district players returning: Offensive MVP - 1 1st tea offense - 3 2nd team offense - 1 1st team defense - 3 2nd team defense

Warren (0-7 in district; no playoffs) 
# of seniors lost: 13 of 42 (Maxpreps)
# of all-district players lost: 2 2nd team offense 
# of all-district players returning: 2 2nd team offense - 3 2nd team defense

Winnie East Chambers (6-1 in district; L 54-21 to Cameron Yoe in Regional Semifinal)
# of seniors lost: 9 of 38 (Maxpreps) 
# of all-district players lost: 1 1st team offense - 2 2nd team offense - 3 1st team defense - 1 2nd team defense 
# of all-district players returning: MVP - 4 1st team offense - 5 2nd team offense - 3 1st team defense - 4 2nd team defense

Woodville (3-4 in district; no playoffs)
# of seniors lost: 15 of 38 (Maxpreps)
# of all-district players lost: 2 1st team offense - 1 2nd team offense - 1 2nd team defense
# of all-district players returning: 3 2nd team offense - 1 1st team defense - 3 2nd team defense

My pre-season top 20

1. Cameron Yoe
2. Teague
3. Kirbyville
4. East Chambers
5. Mineola
6. Shallowater
7. Pottsboro
8. Brock
9. Wall
10. Edna
11. Malakoff
12. Pilot Point
13. Lago Vista
14. McGregor
15. Whitesboro
16. White Oak
17. Rockdale
18. Boyd
19. Whitney
20. Commerce/Farmersville/Sunnyvale/Van Alstyne

This region belongs to Cameron Yoe until someone makes a statement otherwise, I do see Kirbyville making the regional final if they don't play Yoe beforehand

Cameron should win their district.

Rockdale will take a step backwards in 2015 as they lose more than anyone in the state.  They have some talent coming up and could return to form in 2016.  They will still be competitive with most teams.  

I have Lago Vista finishing 2nd in district. They are bringing in the coach from Sonora, which had a lot of success with the ground game there.  It should be a fairly easy transition.  

Academy was the surprise in 2014.  The Bees did beat a depleted Rockdale team during district play.  They will probably be around the same caliber next season...maybe a step down.  

Troy was a big disappointment last year.  I had them ranked in my pre-season poll but they didn't make the playoffs.  Not sure what to expect from them this year. 

Florence took steps in the right direction last year.  It will take a few more years to really turn that around.  

Kirbyville is my slight favorite to win their district. 

East Chambers should be the top competitor here.  As you can tell by looking at the numbers, they have a lot of guys coming back.  I saw that someone posted they will not be quite as strong in 2015?  Is that the consensus or not?  

Will Kountze or Buna finish 3rd here?  I could be off base with this, but it seems like the Lions will match up better with EC as opposed to Kirbyville.  

Woodville possibly in the mix?

Cameron should win their district.

Rockdale will take a step backwards in 2015 as they lose more than anyone in the state. They have some talent coming up and could return to form in 2016. They will still be competitive with most teams.

I have Lago Vista finishing 2nd in district. They are bringing in the coach from Sonora, which had a lot of success with the ground game there. It should be a fairly easy transition.

Academy was the surprise in 2014. The Bees did beat a depleted Rockdale team during district play. They will probably be around the same caliber next season...maybe a step down.

Troy was a big disappointment last year. I had them ranked in my pre-season poll but they didn't make the playoffs. Not sure what to expect from them this year.

Florence took steps in the right direction last year. It will take a few more years to really turn that around.

Kirbyville is my slight favorite to win their district.

East Chambers should be the top competitor here. As you can tell by looking at the numbers, they have a lot of guys coming back. I saw that someone posted they will not be quite as strong in 2015? Is that the consensus or not?

Will Kountze or Buna finish 3rd here? I could be off base with this, but it seems like the Lions will match up better with EC as opposed to Kirbyville.

Woodville possibly in the mix?

Kountze has had a chance to beat EC in the past two years. Losing by a touchdown both times. Woodville should be slightly better but I don't see them making playoffs

Woodville should have one of the top defenses in the district. They return one of the too defensive lineman in Castle (Jr.) and several other starters as well. Losing Jackson will be huge on offense, but incoming Sophomore QB has a cannon if he can learn how to control it. While he's not nearly the ball-carrier Jackson was, he's a hard, smart runner. I expect to see that Auburn spread in full effect come August ;)
But look for Woodville to be much better this year. Next year should be the year you start seeing a significant change in them though.

What difference will Tod Stark make at Hardin?

Hardin needs a realignment. Big time. But that won't happen so let's see...

They need to get back to getting HD and WH on their preseason schedule to gain confidence. And the people of Hardin need to realize that it's not the coach's fault (most of the time) when THEY are bad, leave Stark completely alone, let him hire some coaches, and get a decent group of kids to come up together under the same program..

Do that and he'll make a difference. Not next year..or maybe the one after...but eventually.

Don't do it...and will be same song and dance.

Here is your run down for East Chambers, last year they made a deep run with a junior heavy team. They have a few spots that have to be addressed: WR, CB, and Kicker(lol). Other than that this team is pretty solid at every position, and have some young guys coming up that could make an impact right away. I'm sure that they will give K-Ville all they can handle and then some.
As for the district I think K-Ville is still the pre-season favorite, but it's only May...the district will for sure be ran by two teams, but EC always seems to have trouble with Kountze, so you never know. Kountze I think is the third best team, only bc they have Arnold, and then I think the sleeper of the district is Woodville...but I still think the best defense resides in EC...

EC has 19 returning starters, what makes you think they won't be as good? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

It's just the same thing as every year, "EC will not be as good", "EC will be lucky to make the playoffs", or my favorite "EC is not what they use to be"
They've said it for 20 years and EC always proves them wrong...

East Chambers will be very good and compete for a district championship. Kirbyville will do the same and is my favorite pre-season. Kountze should have the third spot locked up and could compete for the championship as well. Buna will be down but should compete for that forth spot. Woodville will be much improved and compete for that forth spot as well. Anahuac should be about the same as last year, if not worse. Warren and Hardin will round it out in the woodshed, although I expect Warren to be much better than Hardin this year.

It's just the same thing as every year, "EC will not be as good", "EC will be lucky to make the playoffs", or my favorite "EC is not what they use to be"
They've said it for 20 years and EC always proves them wrong...

What did EC do in the last 20 years? Make the playoffs? That's impressive. #setxDreams some people down here in setx have settled long ago for mediocrity. And then be prideful about it. Scary!

Warren will be much improved and yes EC will be good. Not sure who said they wouldn't be. But good in setx and good in state are way different