AAU basketball

Bmt_4now

I figured that would be a big part of the reason. And I am not saying they were the best 5 on the team just saying that those 5 had played together most recently and woubld have been a thought to put them in for a little time together. This game was a close loss and maybe a couple of minutes at the end would have pulled it out maybe not. I wasn't saying most of the time or even a large part of the time but that answer was just about exactly what I was expecting.

Both local Defenders 17U teams will make noise this summer. Defenders - Brady and my team Defenders - Kraemer. I have a bunch of sophs playing up as well. Just a big man away really. We have 1 unsigned senior, 2 Juniors and 6 sophomores playing 17U. Between the two teams, we have a solid group of 2017 grads.

Both local Defenders 17U teams will make noise this summer. Defenders - Brady and my team Defenders - Kraemer. I have a bunch of sophs playing up as well. Just a big man away really. We have 1 unsigned senior, 2 Juniors and 6 sophomores playing 17U. Between the two teams, we have a solid group of 2017 grads.

I agree. Got to see a bit of both teams. One of the things I liked Is that Kenny and Brady keep their teams at a number where everyone can play and both do a good job with substitutions. See so many teams with 15 or more kids on the bench and some barely playing. Kind of defeats the purpose imo.

Definitely being a summer program that parents are putting out money for everyone needs to play, I saw this in in each of Brady's games this weekend. I also saw a couple teams like you said too many players, no benefit for some. I know it's tough dealing with parents and players alike.

I agree. Got to see a bit of both teams. One of the things I liked Is that Kenny and Brady keep their teams at a number where everyone can play and both do a good job with substitutions. See so many teams with 15 or more kids on the bench and some barely playing. Kind of defeats the purpose imo.

Yes sir. It's all about playing and getting better. Hard to get better sitting on the bench watching.

And some teams need extra paying players to help fund the team. Probably why they are not playing that much.

LOL Everyone on my team has to pay the annual fee to even practice with the team. Now if a kid cant pay, I will chip in the bucks. Fortunately, I only have one in that situation this year. Now getting to Vegas in July is a whole different story. We may have to hitch hike...but we will get there lol

LOL Everyone on my team has to pay the annual fee to even practice with the team. Now if a kid cant pay, I will chip in the bucks. Fortunately, I only have one in that situation this year. Now getting to Vegas in July is a whole different story. We may have to hitch hike...but we will get there lol

I was referring to my basketball Mafia homeboys in a city nearby. S.E. Texas coaches care for their players from what I've seen.

Houston Defenders 17u UAA team just beat Texas Lightning by 20 in the semifinals of the Great American Shootout in Dallas. The Lightning is made up of a lot of Bridgeport's HS team and is coached by Brad Chasteen, a former HS Coach from South Grand Prarie and Coppell with over 500 wins before being hired by Mark Cuban's brother in law to coach his AAU team. Devonte Patterson is a beast.

I will say this. Silsbee may have a state championship in its future but I can't imagine it will be next year.

Of course. One thing from this year that was a little encouraging was the fact that they only beat Kennedale by 12 in the playoffs and lost yo them in the first game of the year. We beat them by 8 in Fort Worth. I know that doesn't mean much but at least shows the possibility is there for a good game.

Just wanted to point out that texas Lightning were missing their two best guards. Both are bridgeport kids and were on the state all tnmt team. Caleb smith was first team all state. Just saying it may be competitive if these teams meet again. Also that defenders team was really good and fun to watch. Loved the two guards.

Also I saw the silsbee v kennedale game this year. Silsbee could likely be competitive with bport. I have a kid that plays on bport and tx lightning so I'm not just guessing. Just depends on how much silsbee can improve. Bport kids will be playing 100 games together against the highest level of competition. Everybody else better be working hard if they're going to close the gap!

Just wanted to point out that texas Lightning were missing their two best guards. Both are bridgeport kids and were on the state all tnmt team. Caleb smith was first team all state. Just saying it may be competitive if these teams meet again. Also that defenders team was really good and fun to watch. Loved the two guards.

Also I saw the silsbee v kennedale game this year. Silsbee could likely be competitive with bport. I have a kid that plays on bport and tx lightning so I'm not just guessing. Just depends on how much silsbee can improve. Bport kids will be playing 100 games together against the highest level of competition. Everybody else better be working hard if they're going to close the gap!

Only problem with this is some silsbee kids will not touch a basketball for three months during the start of the school year. Three key players for sure. Thomas, Newton, and Mackey. Also they all do not play for the same AAU team. It is a talented group though and they could very well give Bridgeport a game.