Rick Barnes

Coach85

Bama is going to offer $3M per year. That's a big pile of money.

If Van Vleet and Baker bolt to the NBA then id feel safe in saying he leaves but he has everyone back next yr almost, only losing 2 seniors, he will have a top10 team next season. WSU im sure will throw some money at him. I think Bama should go after Shaka Smart since Barnes staying put. 

@SInow: Report: Texas AD says Rick Barnes needs to change program http://on.si.com/1Csxfju http://twitter.com/SInow/status/581308287758499840/photo/1

Yes!! Thank goodness. I have heard he had no chance to return and then read those articles... Absolutely ridiculous since the assistants were about the only thing holding the program together, most notably Lucas. Please get this done yesterday.

I think that was a ploy to save face for Barnes. Makes him look like a stand up guy.

No way he was coming back after the train wreck this season turned out to be.

I hope Patterson makes the right choice. We saw that he goes with the underdog candidate in football and made, what I think, a good choice. But, this is supposed to be his specialty so let's see where he goes with this.

Great spin. My glass is half full most of the time also, unless I'm drinking then it's half empty.

Great spin. My glass is half full most of the time also, unless I'm drinking then it's half empty.

Don't you have a 9th place conference finish to celebrate? Or a state recruiting championship? Oh, I forgot, only took Chuck 6 wins to regain the top of the recruiting chain. #obsessionnoted #littlebrotherroleresumed

I haven't been a Barnes fan since his riff with the late great Dean Smith. He's always been overrated. Listening to everyone on sports radio they think Marshall is the best guy because of the recruiting connections. Shaka with an outside shot but doesn't have the Texas connections.

How much more money are they going to throw at him than Bama is?