A&M Basketball---Co-SEC Champs!

Texas is already in - good ending to a questionable season in a tough conference - and of course the Texas name will get you in.

If they play to their potential they could be the spoiler team of the year and make a deep run in the tourney.

I guess that's why I wouldn't put them in. I can't stand an underachiever. I understand you can't win em all but that team is WAY to talented with such size to have that kind of season. I watched them give arguably one of the best teams we've seen in years all they could handle without arguably their best player. And then they play the conference season like they did. I don't know - I would prefer to reward a team that played up to or beyond their potential first - putting aside my loyalties.

But I think you are probably exactly right OT.

And A&M deserves the NIT the way they ended the year - proves they have not made the turn yet - When they needed they win they could not pull it out.

Brighter days ahead. You have 4 incoming freshman playing in the state tournament in San Antonio this weekend as well as a potential 5th. This recruiting class is one for the ages for you guys.

• 4 weeks later...

@kbtxsports: Story on Rick Stansbury being elevated to @AggieMensHoops associate head coach. http://www.kbtx.com/sports/home/headlines/Stansbury-Promoted-to-Texas-AM-Associate-Head-Coach--299284381.html

@JonRothstein: Texas A & M has promoted Rick Stansbury to Associate Head Coach, per release. Was key cog in Aggies' landing top flight recruiting class.

• 4 weeks later...
Forgot to post yesterday. This one really hurts. Starting with the 2016-2017 season, I will officially be a fan of Texas A&M basketball. PG JJ Caldwell made it official and committed yesterday. If you are a fan of pass first PGs who make their teammates better, you will love this kid. One of the best in that class. Gulp...Gig 'Em.

Forgot to post yesterday. This one really hurts. Starting with the 2016-2017 season, I will officially be a fan of Texas A&M basketball. PG JJ Caldwell made it official and committed yesterday. If you are a fan of pass first PGs who make their teammates better, you will love this kid. One of the best in that class. Gulp...Gig 'Em.

We must be paying well. I don't get it

We must be paying well. I don't get it

I know a lot of the particulars with this kid. He made the right choice for him. Very bright kid who has an amazing life story. A&M gives him the opportunity he was looking for in a place close to home. I promise you the Aggies got one hell of a kid/ball player/human being with this one. He is the epitome of a leader, on and off the court.

• 1 month later...

4 star recruit (and ranked #54 nationally by ESPN) Robert Williams out of Vivian, LA commits to A&M.  6'8" PF.   Another great pickup for Aggie Basketball. 

4 star recruit (and ranked #54 nationally by ESPN) Robert Williams out of Vivian, LA commits to A&M.  6'8" PF.   Another great pickup for Aggie Basketball. 

​He must be a Houston Hoops kid I bet :)

• 3 weeks later...

See where JJ Caldwell just got offered by UNLV.  I heard some rumors and now this? Hmmm?  Hmmm, is A&M over recruiting? Got a lot of guard action going on over there.

Findlay Prep has been trying to get him to come. As far as I know, he is still firm to the Aggies.  Kennedy and one of his assistants were at his games yesterday.  

• 4 weeks later...

@TexasUpdate: Texas A&M Basketball to play Texas on November 25

This is the hidden content, please
This is the hidden content, please

Interesting game on many levels.  Happy to have the rivalry back on Thanksgiving week, even though it's not the game to which we are accustomed.  This one is a toss up IMO.   Assuming Texas is playing Shaka's brand of basketball, their experience and physicality inside against the Aggie Freshmen will be somewhat negated.  Should be a fun one to watch though.  

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...