Solution To obamacare?!

smitty

Exactly, it was fine by YOU, not by the millions of Americans who go bankrupt over medical bills.

I'm no healthcare expert, but on the surface it seems Canada has a pretty alright system. If I recall correctly, healthcare taxes come out of their paycheck, and if they need a bandaid or prescription they normal uninflated prices. I went to the clinic the other day for a cold and the total bill would've been $400 without insurance. That's just stupid.

Stupid or not, not the role of the fed gov to pay for your cold...OR to be responsible for fixing the reason it costs so much.

That's not the point. Every modern and functioning society should be able to provide basic services for its citizens so they don't die off in droves or can actually read.

If they want additional or premium services THEN they can buy additional insurance or go to private school.

Do you think we should have public schools in this country?

Was it LUCKY that he had insurance or did he work to pay for his insurance?

That's not the point. Every modern and functioning society should be able to provide basic services for its citizens so they don't die off in droves or can actually read.
If they want additional or premium services THEN they can buy additional insurance or go to private school.
Do you think we should have public schools in this country?

Don't change the subject...stick to obamacare.

Show me where folks are dying off in droves due to refusal of heath care services...ain't happening.

I'm not changing the subject. You stated you don't believe the fed gov should be involved in healthcare.. You are obviously not going to change your mind no matter what. We agree to disagree.

I'm just curious if you believe we should have public schools.

Don't change the subject...stick to obamacare.
Show me where folks are dying off in droves due to refusal of heath care services...ain't happening.

I'm not changing the subject. You stated you don't believe the fed gov should be involved in healthcare.. You are obviously not going to change your mind no matter what. We agree to disagree.

I'm just curious if you believe we should have public schools.

No problem at all with public schools (I went and all my kids went)...don't believe the fed gov should be involved in any way with an ISD either.

I'm a small gov guy...you obviously aren't, so yep, we will have to agree to disagree.

NSA and Patriot Act.. Smaller government, yaaaaa. About that. You are big government on issues you agree with and small government where you disagree.

Yawn

No problem at all with public schools (I went and all my kids went)...don't believe the fed gov should be involved in any way with an ISD either.

I'm a small gov guy...you obviously aren't, so yep, we will have to agree to disagree.

NSA and Patriot Act.. Smaller government, yaaaaa. About that. You are big government on issues you agree with and small government where you disagree.

Yawn

You do realize that national security is called for in the Constitution, right...healthcare isn't.

Smaller gov simply means the fed gov should only be involved in it's short list of enumerated powers as laid out in the Constitution.

Exactly, it was fine by YOU, not by the millions of Americans who go bankrupt over medical bills.

I'm no healthcare expert, but on the surface it seems Canada has a pretty alright system. If I recall correctly, healthcare taxes come out of their paycheck, and if they need a bandaid or prescription they normal uninflated prices. I went to the clinic the other day for a cold and the total bill would've been $400 without insurance. That's just stupid.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2014/02/18/medical-bankruptcies-are-still-problem-here-what-to-expect/

"78% of people that file for medical bankruptcy had insurance."

Good talking points, but Obama has not and will not fix that issue.

Next.....

Sure, but where does the line get drawn? Should we be subject to pat down search every time we leave the house? Microchips planted in our skin to monitor our everyday activities?

Technically one can say that this is called for in the constitution. If Obama pulled this you'd start a SETX revolution yesterday.

You do realize that national security is called for in the Constitution, right...healthcare isn't.

Smaller gov simply means the fed gov should only be involved in it's short list of enumerated powers as laid out in the Constitution.

What exactly are you trying to prove? That obamacare is flawed legislation? I already agree with you bro!

Check

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2014/02/18/medical-bankruptcies-are-still-problem-here-what-to-expect/

"78% of people that file for medical bankruptcy had insurance."

Good talking points, but Obama has not and will not fix that issue.

Next.....

Sure, but where does the line get drawn? Should we be subject to pat down search every time we leave the house? Microchips planted in our skin to monitor our everyday activities?

Technically one can say that this is called for in the constitution. If Obama pulled this you'd start a SETX revolution yesterday.

Hence why we need a new constitution for the modern age.

GREED by the insurance companys, healthcare facilities, pharmaceutical companys and so forth.....and the poor getting free healthcare anyhow with no penalty, or someone choosing not to buy insurance when they can afford it, but when something happens they get free help or go bankrupt because they dont have healthcare. Some may not be able to afford it beacause of pre-existing conditions. Some may be denied because of pre-existing conditions.

So, one can legislate companies not to be greedy?  What about more competition?  If you think one company is greedy then you can go find one that's not.  Why do people think government has all the answers?  Let's be honest, other than the military -- what does big government do right?  Just about everything they do is bankrupt or about to be.

GREED by the insurance companys, healthcare facilities, pharmaceutical companys and so forth.....and the poor getting free healthcare anyhow with no penalty, or someone choosing not to buy insurance when they can afford it, but when something happens they get free help or go bankrupt because they dont have healthcare. Some may not be able to afford it beacause of pre-existing conditions. Some may be denied because of pre-existing conditions.

And just who is it that will define the parameters for greed?  Apple computer has 180 billion in cash- Is that greed?  Is the company evil?

The government massively over spends on military as well.

So, one can legislate companies not to be greedy?  What about more competition?  If you think one company is greedy then you can go find one that's not.  Why do people think government has all the answers?  Let's be honest, other than the military -- what does big government do right?  Just about everything they do is bankrupt or about to be.

Is that why Congress spends hundred of millions on tanks despite the Army telling them they don't need any more?

Ahhh why the hell am I even wasting my time. Conservatives will defend the military industrial complex no matter what.

the neo-con warmongers who used to be democrats are not conservatives........conservatives want the pork cut out of the national defense budget, too.......

Is that why Congress spends hundred of millions on tanks despite the Army telling them they don't need any more?

Ahhh why the hell am I even wasting my time. Conservatives will defend the military industrial complex no matter what.

Link? I've honestly never heard that.

I would think if I was going to fight a war, I would never tell anyone I've got enough.....

I also think even if we don't "need" a huge miilitary, having one prevents atttempts to fight on our soil.

Link? I've honestly never heard that.

I would think if I was going to fight a war, I would never tell anyone I've got enough.....

I also think even if we don't "need" a huge miilitary, having one prevents atttempts to fight on our soil.

CONCUR `100%  I too would like some evidence that generals dont want more tanks and congress somehow builds them anyway.