College Baseball

PhatMack19

This is the new top 25 poll in NCAA baseball this week. How's your team doing so far?

My team is doing pretty decent I would say. They only got to play 2 of the games this weekend against Kentucky so the Ags will end up with 1 less conference game than everyone else. That could hurt with tiebreakers if they end up tied with another team. A&M went 2-0 on the weekend but lost a half game in the standings to Vandy and LSU who both swept their 3 games series.

They got a big win last night against Wichita State to end their 7 game losing streak. How long before they run Augie out of town?

He is more entrenched than Mack was. He's not going anywhere any time soon.

He went to Omaha last year and recruits like crazy. The MLB draft has killed UT (and many other programs). 

They got a big win last night against Wichita State to end their 7 game losing streak. How long before they run Augie out of town?

Was on the hot seat, supposedly, last year before he took a team with little expectations to Omaha. Trying to remember who we beat in the super regionals...

He is more entrenched than Mack was. He's not going anywhere any time soon.

He went to Omaha last year and recruits like crazy. The MLB draft has killed UT (and many other programs).

I think voters still keep them in based on the fact they were in the CWS last year and due to Augie still being at the helm...but at the moment they are not deserving of being in the top 25.

I think Augie will get pass with a subpar year this year but if there is another one next year...see Rick Barnes

I think voters still keep them in based on the fact they were in the CWS last year and due to Augie still being at the helm...but at the moment they are not deserving of being in the top 25.

I think Augie will get pass with a subpar year this year but if there is another one next year...see Rick Barnes

Angie's not Barnes. He's Coach K.

Just mean the public perception is he is entrenched due to a long tenure...used Barnes due to both being at UT and Barnes' exit being so recent...could have used Mack Brown too...understand there are differences in the end products.

While yes Augie has 5 NC, 3 of them are at Fullerton...not sure how much weight they are given for him at UT.

Going back to also comparing Augie to Mack Brown I came across something interesting. Mack Brown's last NC before he was run out of town was 2005 and his last appearance in the NC game was 2009...Augie's last NC was 2005 and his last appearance in the Championship Series of the CWS was 2009...

If Augie has a season close to .500 like they are at the moment - he will likely be on the hot seat.  

In saying that I do not feet that he will likely be fired after just one sub-par season regardless - due to his history at Texas.

Now if he puts together 2 close to .500 seasons he will likely be on a very short leash. 

Friday's scores of interest

Miss St-    1

#2 A&M-   3     F     

A&M now 32-2 on the season.  BH's Greyson Long picked up another win to move to 7-0 on the season.  Long went 7 allowing 3 hits and earned.

Oklahoma-       3

Texas-              2   F/12

Texas is 1-8 in their last 9 games.  Ouch

Ole Miss -    6

#1 Vandy-    5   F/16       Ole Miss with a grand slam in the 9th to force extras

#3 TCU-      4

K-State-    14     F     Wow.  K-State is in last place in the Big 12 so this one was pretty surprising

Auburn-      2

#4 LSU-     3      F

Never saw you post so much about Aggie baseball till now. So are you a true fan of baseball or is it that you are winning? Funny how that works.

I've done season long update threads on them and Texas every season except this one I think. College baseball updates were hard to come by in the past so I always updated scores each weekend. D1baseball.com being tied into every schools Stattracker definitely makes it easier now.

Texas finally won a game last night if you were wondering

I've done season long update threads on them and Texas every season except this one I think. College baseball updates were hard to come by in the past so I always updated scores each weekend. D1baseball.com being tied into every schools Stattracker definitely makes it easier now.

Easy to kick a dog when they're down. The last ATM baseball champ came in what year. I couldn't find it either. Hook 'em

Glad to know about D1baseball. Had trouble even finding scores in the past.