Finally!....With Irony.

It has been way too long since we have seen a state title come to our area, and what better way to be able to have 2 titles brought back. In my opinion, Newton and WOS are the 2 most dominant teams in SETX. You don't watch high school football in this area and not know who they are and what they are about. I'm not bragging or boasting this is just fact that no matter what size school you are or what your history is Newton and WOS bring home wins. The interesting thing is though, is that since 1980 Newton could never beat WOS, even though they played amazing matches. It had been quite sometime since they had played each other and when they did Newton finally got the W that woke up the 2 giants of the old days. I really feel like that night set off monstrous seasons that both these teams are finishing with. 

For WOS, Gilmer needs to be shown that SETX does not bow down to the greatest show on turf.

For Newton, its time for you to show Waskom what tradition is about and why you have your own set of keys the state championship doors.

That is why I said although Newton won on the scoreboard, both teams I believe had some type of "win". No, not moral victory but like you stated....woke up both sleeping giants. WOS said no more losing, we are playing as a team from here on out. For Newton, well, they figured out they actually were,in fact, still Newton despite the bad start. If we were going to lose to someone, Newton isn't one to hold your head down about. Now lets bring 2 plaques back to SETX.

It has been way too long since we have seen a state title come to our area, and what better way to be able to have 2 titles brought back. In my opinion, Newton and WOS are the 2 most dominant teams in SETX. You don't watch high school football in this area and not know who they are and what they are about. I'm not bragging or boasting this is just fact that no matter what size school you are or what your history is Newton and WOS bring home wins. The interesting thing is though, is that since 1980 Newton could never beat WOS, even though they played amazing matches. It had been quite sometime since they had played each other and when they did Newton finally got the W that woke up the 2 giants of the old days. I really feel like that night set off monstrous seasons that both these teams are finishing with. 

For WOS, Gilmer needs to be shown that SETX does not bow down to the greatest show on turf.

For Newton, its time for you to show Waskom what tradition is about and why you have your own set of keys the state championship doors.

Fantastic Analysis!