West Orange-Stark 42 La Grange 7/Final/WO-S advances to semis!

WOSgrad

WOS appears to have an overwhelming defense. I predict a title game against Gilmer. Will be at that one as it is close enough to the house. My prediction is a toss up either way. WOS has taken a step forward this year. Hopefully they will get the title.

WOS appears to have an overwhelming defense. I predict a title game against Gilmer. Will be at that one as it is close enough to the house. My prediction is a toss up either way. WOS has taken a step forward this year. Hopefully they will get the title.

Oh, so glad to have received your approval. We were waiting with baited breath. I mean, unless 89Falcon says we're good, then we're just not sure.  :rolleyes:

WO-S "appears to have an overwhelming defense"...whoa...what a discovery. This must be some new found defensive prowess never seen before at WO-S, right? Where did this come from all of a sudden?

"I predict a title game against Gilmer"...so glad you didn't state the obvious. We needed a confidence boost from an outsider who REALLY follows WO-S football. Thanks for getting our confidence over the hump. We needed that for next week. 

Cluelessness magnified. 

Mustang fans are very appreciative for the community schools we saw representing last night. I spoke to a gentleman from Nederland, saw PNG purple, HJ had a whole section, fans from LCM, BC, Vidor...there may be more, but that's what I saw. For as long as I can remember, when a team from setx makes a deep run, fans from neighboring communities show up in numbers to support each other. It was the same when West Brook won state in the 80's, WO-S' '80's rides, PNG's run in '99, and a few others. Thanks for rooting on the local schools. 

'Hope to see more of you following WO-S next week as we take on Sinton. Thanks again!

I was sitting on the top row right by the press box and at halftime an older gentleman came out of the box wearing an LG polo shirt with an LG cap. I don't think he was a coach but obliviously he was affiliated with LG somehow, anyways, he was speaking to 2 guys that were also sitting near me who happened to be from a Houston area school just there to watch the game.  he told them he couldn't believe how much team speed WOS had on defense. He said, you hear about it and read about it and see it on film, but until you see it in person you just have no idea how fast they actually are.

Wow, I had a Nederland coach tell me the same thing about three years ago.

Griff, not seeking your approval and never have. Your "confidence" has no bearing on any outcomes as you have no role. Just offering thoughts based on reality. I give credit where credit is due. I do realize that you are offended by anything said regardless of whether or not it is "positive".

WOS has done well and the defense is better now than at the beginning of the year. Sinton is more capable of beating WOS than Newton was and will offer a test. I believe WOS will make it to the title game and hope they do as I will be able to watch the game.

Griff, not seeking your approval and never have. Your "confidence" has no bearing on any outcomes as you have no role. Just offering thoughts based on reality. I give credit where credit is due. I do realize that you are offended by anything said regardless of whether or not it is "positive".

WOS has done well and the defense is better now than at the beginning of the year. Sinton is more capable of beating WOS than Newton was and will offer a test. I believe WOS will make it to the title game and hope they do as I will be able to watch the game.

I'm just tired of your continual criticism against setx and WO-S in particular because it's personal with you, plus the weak attempts at compliments, and your all-knowing wisdom of "reality"...and that we "appear" to have a good defense is so genius it's laughable. I guess that defense is good when you're watching all the way from DALLAS with a constant critical eye of anything setx. You're the same guy who has ragged on about WO-S only being known for "local accomplishments" and no one else outside of setx knows about their team, then tries to look objective by throwing in some "positive" comment. That subtle disguise doesn't work. 

Just give it up, will ya? Why do you bother coming on here?   

I'm just tired of your continual criticism against setx and WO-S in particular because it's personal with you, plus the weak attempts at compliments, and your all-knowing wisdom of "reality"...and that we "appear" to have a good defense is so genius it's laughable. I guess that defense is good when you're watching all the way from DALLAS with a constant critical eye of anything setx. You're the same guy who has ragged on about WO-S only being known for "local accomplishments" and no one else outside of setx knows about their team, then tries to look objective by throwing in some "positive" comment. That subtle disguise doesn't work. 

Just give it up, will ya? Why do you bother coming on here?   

I think the people in the rest of the state KNOW who we are, as far as HR HUFFNPUF, who cares. He just has Stang Envy, maybe he should see a doctor about that. I am with you Griff!

Where is the "criticism"? Which statement? Also:

1. Where did I say that you "appear to have good defense"? I said that you appear to have an "overwhelming" defense.

2. Where did I say "no one outside of SETX knows about WOS"?

Do you read the same posts?

You've said, many times, that we have no relevance outside of SE Texas.

No, I have said many times that they were a "regional power". I have said many times they are "the best team in SETX". I have said many times if they get out of the region periodically they will be regarded as a "state power". They have done so and deserve credit. I think they will beat Sinton though I don't know much about Sinton. Should they meet Gilmer in the final it will be a toss up. I hope they win this week as I will be able to watch them.  

hmm might be the word appears is used here. Might check your memory.