LCM 75 Dayton 58 Final/Friday

LITTLE CYPRESS — The Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears were at the top of their game Friday night at The Bear Cave as they toppled the second-place Dayton Broncos 75-58 in District 22-4A action.

The Bears (14-13, 4-5) dominated the Broncos (16-7, 7-2) in the second half by going on a 42-24 tear after Dayton held a 34-33 cushion at the half.

Bear post Kevin Cooper roughed up the Broncos inside, notching a double-double with 20 points and 12 rebounds.

The Bears also received two more double-double performances with Drew Bean and Justin Kinsley each tallying 11 points and snaring 10 boards apiece. C.J. Champine also got in the scoring run, pumping in 15 points.

Anthony Williams scored a game-high 25 points for the Broncos.

The Bears look to carry the surge over into Tuesday night when they visit Nederland.

This isn't as big of an upset as yall think.  Dayton was down when they played Vidor.  They was also down when they played Central.  The thing is that LC-M was able to turn it on when it counted.  Much props to the Bears.

Don't get me wrong I saw the match up at the BBH tourney and was impressed with LCM they are stronger than I realized. Deffinately much props to LCM, i just didn't see there being that big of a differance on the score, I was thinking 8 points plus or minus for either team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami