Buna-Malakoff

BunaBoy84

With the schedule Buna has played this year I give them a very good chance of winning. Besides Malakoff and Teague in that district it falls of tremendously after those two. Anybody can be 9-1 or 10-0 when you play a weaker non district schedule.  I will assure you Buna is battle tested and will be up for this game and will not layover for Malakoff.  This will be the toughest team Malakoff has played this year, yes I said toughest that includes Teague

Buna 35
Malakoff 32

Both two very good, very aggressive teams from what I can tell. Two very good coaches as well. Dowell is a player. The best RB Buna has seen this year. I may be wrong because I haven't seen them, but nearly any video I've seen of them seems like his own personal highlight video. But they must have some kind of passing attack. QB numbers looks pretty good. I'm expecting a war between these two teams. Should be fun. Buna wins on a late score after a Malakoff turnover.

As opposed to here? Smoaky posters picking Malakoff and SE Texas picking Buna is expected
I'm probably the only Malakoff fan that reads this board
What will they not listen to about 12?
All I can tell you is that those of us close to the Malakoff Tigers know that Buna is good and that this game can go either way

uote name="rykerx144" post="1582329" timestamp="1415665803"]I think dist 12 is going to surprise some people over there.  I could be wrong but I think dist 11 is a little overrated.  Its hard to talk to them over there, that's all they know is dist 11 and they wont listen to anything about 12.
[/quote]

Every town has that person who says things that make you scratch your head
I saw the comment on highlight reel
As for playing teams like that comment didn't see it but we know the Wildcats and Bucs are also Top Teams

The Cougars have other impressive non district wins they caught my attention in week 2 when they beat Center after Center beat Waskom. I had my eye on them right after that as they were a unknown to me
I knew about Kirbyville and East Chambers

I think it's great that Fox will be there for this game Buna deserves the attention and our kids do also
In 2008 we were 0-10 and 1-9 the year before
In 2009 Coach Driskell arrived and 6 yrs later we are 54-15 over the past 6 years and are a Fox Sports Playoff Game of the Week it's been a fun ride

Nice post!  I know what you mean about every town has "that" person....being from Kirbyville we don't have "that" person,, we have "them people" ....LOL  

its always great to hear about a program turning around and getting better!  Agree its well deserved then and glad your program has this opportunity,, sounds well deserved! 

903 sounds like he is hard to have a good conversation with....he is out there!! 

Every town has that person who says things that make you scratch your head
I saw the comment on highlight reel
As for playing teams like that comment didn't see it but we know the Wildcats and Bucs are also Top Teams

The Cougars have other impressive non district wins they caught my attention in week 2 when they beat Center after Center beat Waskom. I had my eye on them right after that as they were a unknown to me
I knew about Kirbyville and East Chambers

I think it's great that Fox will be there for this game Buna deserves the attention and our kids do also
In 2008 we were 0-10 and 1-9 the year before
In 2009 Coach Driskell arrived and 6 yrs later we are 54-15 over the past 6 years and are a Fox Sports Playoff Game of the Week it's been a fun ride

Good post Cowboy. I remember 2011 we played Malakoff but I didn't know their history. Looks like coach turned things around pretty good. This will be a great test for both teams. We should know how strong each district is after this game. Wish I could make this game. God Bless both teams with no injuries and my they make memories of a lifetime.  

So excited about this playoff game for both programs two very physical smash mouth type ball clubs, going to leave it all on the field Friday night. It will be a battle indeed both teams feature a fantastic run game with the pass to go along as well, Dowell looks like a top caliber back our front seven will have to stay disciplined stay in their gaps and lay the hat on him every play. Close game IMO with the team making the least mistakes the winner going to be all about adjustments for Buna making the pass offset the run, and feed them a steady dose of our 6 man backfield and sticking to their receivers like glue to try and force them to be one dimensional. Backing my Buna Cougars in this one no doubt and hoping for an injury free ball game, LETS GO BIG BLUE keep rolling do work on Friday night!!!!!!!!!!