Beaumont Central vs Houston CE King

Central's band is EVERYTHING you want in a high school football band. Everything. They aren't made for the concert hall, they are made for Friday Night's Lights.

I agree...I love when png plays central just because of their band....they start playing ohh they want some and I'm ready to suit up and get on that field...lol

Ok you went to SFA but where did you go to high school? Are they in the playoffs? I could care less about how they sound in an auditorium, I want them loud at the football game. And most of the judges at concert don't "look" like them so they are already facing an uphill battle. I bet the CE King fans will enjoy our band. What's funny is that NO other band even gets brought up in a football thread except the Jaguar band. They must be doing something right...

A little more than 48 hours until kickoff...

Yes, my alma mater is in the playoffs. The judges that I referred to were at marching contest, not concert contest. It is the place you're supposed to showcase the skills you show every Friday night, and they received the lowest possible score by one of the judges. You say Central doesn't "look" like them, is that you trying to pull the race card? Don't try that garbage. I know some of those guys who have judged marching contests, and that's ridiculous. I never said their band was bad to have on Friday night, I even said that they do a really good job at pumping up the players and the crowd, but it's insulting as a musician when someone does something so simple like Central's band does (playing popular music really loud), and people think the band is just phenomenal. Again, I will say that you can be a show band and not lack musicianship like Central does. The Central kids may work hard, but if you send those kids out to a band practice at Nederland or Bridge City, they wouldn't last.

The award winning Crosby military band will be on display Thursday night, if you want to see precision and expertise. Oh, and then you can watch the band at half time too with their precision and expertise. Get it, do you, I was talking about the football team first then I segwayed into the band seeings how this is a band thread, eh.. Crosby 35 Ozen 0

Yes, my alma mater is in the playoffs. The judges that I referred to were at marching contest, not concert contest. It is the place you're supposed to showcase the skills you show every Friday night, and they received the lowest possible score by one of the judges. You say Central doesn't "look" like them, is that you trying to pull the race card? Don't try that garbage. I know some of those guys who have judged marching contests, and that's ridiculous. I never said their band was bad to have on Friday night, I even said that they do a really good job at pumping up the players and the crowd, but it's insulting as a musician when someone does something so simple like Central's band does (playing popular music really loud), and people think the band is just phenomenal. Again, I will say that you can be a show band and not lack musicianship like Central does. The Central kids may work hard, but if you send those kids out to a band practice at Nederland or Bridge City, they wouldn't last.

Lmbo wouldn't last??? They wouldn't last by choice they would get bored quick....tuh! Thats why they attend Centrals band and not a Nederland or bridge city's

You're an avid follower of Texas high school football and think the harris poll has something to do with harris county?? Classic!!

Haha! Okay Uncle Porkskin...havent a clue where you got that but Yes..I do know what the Harris,AP, DCTF polls are. I was blessed to have been on a State winning 5A team, was All district and All State...what's your credentials?

Haha! Okay Uncle Porkskin...havent a clue where you got that but Yes..I do know what the Harris,AP, DCTF polls are. I was blessed to have been on a State winning 5A team, was All district and All State...what's your credentials?

I'm a high school drop out, smoke crack like most people eat cheese its, and wait on the liquor store to open everyday at 10. Oh and I'm looking to buy a used '85 el camino to get me to the county on the 1st to pick up my check. Can help a brother out?

P.S. I must know if you have the all state and all district patches on your letter jacket and if you still wear that jacket?

I'm a high school drop out, smoke crack like most people eat cheese its, and wait on the liquor store to open everyday at 10. Oh and I'm looking to buy a used '85 el camino to get me to the county on the 1st to pick up my check. Can help a brother out?
P.S. I must know if you have the all state and all district patches on your letter jacket and if you still wear that jacket?

That my friend is hillarious!!!

The award winning Crosby military band will be on display Thursday night, if you want to see precision and expertise. Oh, and then you can watch the band at half time too with their precision and expertise. Get it, do you, I was talking about the football team first then I segwayed into the band seeings how this is a band thread, eh.. Crosby 35 Ozen 0

Really? sounds like a band member prediction Lol
You are entertaining though, must be a show-band member.