Who do I blame?

thetragichippy

In my information booklet, the affordable care act is mentioned as the reason for the increase.....

It took a while, but it finally affected me

In our last negotiations with the city, our payraise was directly related to Obamacare. The city was holding back more than $1 million to wait for the Supreme Court decision to see if the act would go through. When the Supreme Court allowed Obamacare to be put in for effect,
it reduced the amount of money that the city had for pay raises. In effect my payraise was cut because of Obamacare.

We are currently in negotiations for a new three-year deal at this time. One of the sticking points is healthcare coverage because the newly hired employees are facing severe cuts in what is offered for insurance. As part of our pay package and benefits all employees have always received free to the employee healthcare coverage and they have to pay an additional premium if they want to put any family members on it. The new employees that are hired now have to start paying partly for their own insurance that up until now was always part of their benefit package. Add to that their family deductible have now gone up to $15,000.

There is no getting around the fact that Obamacare is costing us a lot of money in pay raises and benefits. I can't wait to see these massive cuts in our health care cost and insurance that Obamacare and Obama administration promised if the bill was passed. Does anyone truly believe that there will be any cuts to healthcare their insurance in the future?

In our last negotiations with the city, our payraise was directly related to Obamacare. The city was holding back more than $1 million to wait for the Supreme Court decision to see if the act would go through. When the Supreme Court allowed Obamacare to be put in for effect,
it reduced the amount of money that the city had for pay raises. In effect my payraise was cut because of Obamacare.

We are currently in negotiations for a new three-year deal at this time. One of the sticking points is healthcare coverage because the newly hired employees are facing severe cuts in what is offered for insurance. As part of our pay package and benefits all employees have always received free to the employee healthcare coverage and they have to pay an additional premium if they want to put any family members on it. The new employees that are hired now have to start paying partly for their own insurance that up until now was always part of their benefit package. Add to that their family deductible have now gone up to $15,000.

There is no getting around the fact that Obamacare is costing us a lot of money in pay raises and benefits. I can't wait to see these massive cuts in our health care cost and insurance that Obamacare and Obama administration promised if the bill was passed. Does anyone truly believe that there will be any cuts to healthcare their insurance in the future?

Yours is a perfect example of how destructive Obamacare has been to the economy. You can rest assured that there are many people out there needing a job who would likely have one if this extra burden on a company had not been introduced. Just imagine the guy who is considering opening a new factory( and hiring employees) but decides against it because of Obamacare and the necessity of an 18 month environmental impact study. When he decides against the investment, he is labeled as greedy and unpatriotic when all he is actually doing is avoiding losses.

Yours is a perfect example of how destructive Obamacare has been to the economy. You can rest assured that there are many people out there needing a job who would likely have one if this extra burden on a company had not been introduced. Just imagine the guy who is considering opening a new factory( and hiring employees) but decides against it because of Obamacare and the necessity of an 18 month environmental impact study. When he decides against the investment, he is labeled as greedy and unpatriotic when all he is actually doing is avoiding losses.

I know a small business owner who hires about 40 employees. They are easy common labor type jobs and he they don't make a big salary because of that. One of their benefits however is insurance.  He said that to maintain their coverage at its current level it will cost him an additional $500,000 this year and will increase in the future. The last time I talked to him he was not sure if he was going to lay off employees or cut their insurance and just pay the penalty. Either way, a work force of almost all minorities are about to take a hit because of the mandates. 

I know a small business owner who hires about 40 employees. They are easy common labor type jobs and he they don't make a big salary because of that. One of their benefits however is insurance.  He said that to maintain their coverage at its current level it will cost him an additional $500,000 this year and will increase in the future. The last time I talked to him he was not sure if he was going to lay off employees or cut their insurance and just pay the penalty. Either way, a work force of almost all minorities are about to take a hit because of the mandates.

Doesn't this make even the staunchest of lefties wonder if the "compassion" of giving the uninsured free health care is more than offset by the lack of compassion exhibited in causing so many to lose work. The situation you just mentioned is far from an isolated incident. Even worse, when this individual is forced to make those layoffs, he will be characterized as a greedy capitalist with racist tendencies even though those who make the accusation , in reality, represent the real cause of the problem.