Texas vs #11 Oklahoma

PhatMack19

IF Strong really thinks that he can win out - that concerns me more than anything else I have heard about Coach Strong - did he not watch the games? Oklahoma, TCU and Oklahoma State are all likely losses and at best very tough wins - but all the other games Iowa State, Kansas State, Texas Tech and WVU really are all toss up games at the moment. I really see - without great improvement from the O Texas being 6 - 6 at the end of the season.

I wish I was more optimistic but at this time I think that is realistic.

Doesn't concern me a bit. If you've ever met a guy like Charlie, losing is never a forethought for them, even when it should be. If anything, that gives me optimism. All the great ones are like that.

OU has followed its last nine regular season losses with nine-straight wins and has covered the spread in seven of those games. And going back even further, the Sooners are a remarkable 23-7 ATS off their last 30 defeats – covering 77 percent of the time.  Rut Roh for the Horns.  Get the DVR ready.

But most posters don't understand is a rivalry like the RRS.

Both teams could be 0-5 and there will still be blood letting on the field.

And the best one game tailgate in CFB. You heard that from the guru.

Best home tailgate is Ole Miss, and not just for the food! There is something about that southern hospitality.

[attachment=161:rrr4.jpg]             [attachment=162:rrr 2.jpg]            [attachment=163:rrr 3.jpg]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:151]

Have you ever heard of James Brown.

He made his first start against Oklahoma and shocked the world.

QB'd for four years. Shea Morenz, who was the injured starter left Texas for other opportunities.

SPCFBG

Ole James Brown. He was good.  He beat us in the Big 12 champ game.  Some people are just afraid to put young guys out there on the field. If they can play they can play. Throw them in the fire, its how they grow up.

On your Watson hire.  If I were horns fans I would be trying to run that guy out of town already.

OU has followed its last nine regular season losses with nine-straight wins and has covered the spread in seven of those games. And going back even further, the Sooners are a remarkable 23-7 ATS off their last 30 defeats – covering 77 percent of the time. Rut Roh for the Horns. Get the DVR ready.

Stop listening to/reading Phil Steele. He's a jinx.

Ole James Brown. He was good.  He beat us in the Big 12 champ game.  Some people are just afraid to put young guys out there on the field. If they can play they can play. Throw them in the fire, its how they grow up.

On your Watson hire.  If I were horns fans I would be trying to run that guy out of town already.

I will be patient with AHCO Watson for one year. Tha is one year more than I gave Greg Davis.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:151]

Watched the '81 game last night. That is the first Texas-OU game I remember watching with my pop. Trivia Question (no googling): which SE TX town had 2 starters on the talented UT defense on a team that went 10-1-1 and beat Bama in the Cotton Bowl.

Silsbee

and 1969 was the first OU game I can remember.

What do I win?

I am the guru, so it is really not fair to the other posters.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:164]

OU still suxxs

Silsbee

and 1969 was the first OU game I can remember.

What do I win?

I am the guru, so it is really not fair to the other posters.

OU still suxxs

Impressive! (And correct - which you knew.). Doug shankle is still #2 on the all time tackles list at UT (behind Britt Hager) and is the all time leader in solo tackles with well over 300 of those.

I would love to see Heard in the game at QB.

Swoopes has had enough time. It is time to see what is in the cupboard.

SPCFBG

post count 4 Aggies
2 longhorns and BG

This morning from Chip Brown:

quote:
"I'm told Heard is so far behind Swoopes as a passer that there could be real questions about if Heard will be able to play quarterback at the DI level unless he improves in that area by leaps and bounds." ~ Chip Brown.

This morning from Chip Brown:

quote:
"I'm told Heard is so far behind Swoopes as a passer that there could be real questions about if Heard will be able to play quarterback at the DI level unless he improves in that area by leaps and bounds." ~ Chip Brown.

Another positive post from Mack the Knife        [sharedmedia=core:attachments:166]

Again thanks for all your research time.            [sharedmedia=core:attachments:159]

Another positive post from Mack the Knife       

Again thanks for all your research time.           

Wait - PhatMack posts a quote from a Texas reporter for Horns Digest who from the looks of things is a proven reporter and Texas follower and who is supposed to be in the KNOW and you seem to take offense that it was mentioned in a conversation that was at times about the fact that Heard needs to start in front of Swoopes.  

So I guess I need guidance for future posts - so as not to "offend" Texas fans are we only allowed to post uplifting stories about Texas????? :P 

Prediction:

Texas - 3

OU - 27

Texas defense keeps the score respectable.